🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Potato Futures

Hercules in New York

I came for the bad movie, but I stayed for Schwarzenegger, the bear-fighting scene, and a cartoony car/chariot chase scene through New York. This 1969 piece of cinema history is worth a watch, but don't take my word for it. Actually, don't bring my name up if you recommend this movie to friend, just leave me out of it.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065832/

Netflix Streaming: https://movies.netfl...40?locale=en-US

Additional points of interest:

- Arnold's accent seems to be at its thickest here, and he seems to step on other peoples' lines

- There is ambient car-traffic noises in Hell

- Pretzie's over-acting evens out Arnold's under-acting

- Gangsters in station-wagons.

The DVD is fantastic, because you have the choice to listen to either Arnold's original voice track or the dubbed voice, and you can only take so much of either one for so long, so switching back and forth works out pretty well. To me, it seemed very similar to a lot of Jackie Chan's movies, only in the case of those films, it's clear that there are various languages being spoken, and the actors aren't so much acting as they're waiting for the other person to stop talking so that they can say their line before they forget it.

I haven't seen this movie, but I am wondering: Why did neither of you mention the scene where Hercules fights a bear?

I haven't seen this movie, but I am wondering: Why did neither of you mention the scene where Hercules fights a bear?

Actually, the guy before me did mention bear-fighting, but the best part is how it's so obviously NOT a bear.

• Like 1

This is a hard movie to watch, it's funny because it's got Arnold Schwarzenegger in it. but once you get over that it's a painfully bad movie to watch.. I've only ever seen the dubbed version that was on cable channel here in Canada called space. at one point they played a lot of B movies you see.."Space" network must of broke the tape playing it because they have not aired it in a long time. man that reminds me they played a lot of good b movies. Soylent Green, omaga man, Zardoz. Now mostly Mainstream crap.

This is going to be one of the upcoming live episodes this month!

• Like 1

this movie sounds incredible

Beyond incredible, all I can remember about this movie is he takes his shirt off a lot for no real reason other then to show off his muscle's and he does it alot.

14x0akp.jpg

The movie feels like it's 3 hours when it's only 1:30 mins. Hey the 1:30min rule showed up. seems to get really long too quick.

also i notice on rotten tomato's today, the Genre for this movie is listed as follows, Action & Adventure, Kids & Family, Classics, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Comedy, in other words it's got everything!

Was watching a little bit of this film today. also wanted to point out, Boy they broke the tape of classic greek restaurant music tape on this movie. I don't think there is any other music in this film.

I bought this movie on DVD, with Arnold's original voice. It's the best 74p I have EVER spent in my life.

I bought this movie on DVD, with Arnold's original voice. It's the best 74p I have EVER spent in my life.

Did you say 74 dollars Or P as in British pounds. when you say original voice you mean, the dubbed Arnold strong version, or real Arnold? that's still a lot money because its sold on amazon for 5 dollars. Not sure about the voice tracks.

btw, PlanBFromOuterSpace I take it back what I said about JCVD's jeans..

103e89v.jpg

Sounds like something he would write, and in all caps.

someday I got to get to work on my Nicolas Cage, Casual Action Jeans. i still am not happy with the images I found so far.

• Like 1

Did you say 74 dollars Or P as in British pounds. when you say original voice you mean, the dubbed Arnold strong version, or real Arnold? that's still a lot money because its sold on amazon for 5 dollars. Not sure about the voice tracks.

74p as in £0.74, and real Arnold.