🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 83 - Driving Yellow Jackets

This week’s improv4humans features humans Andy Daly, Brian Huskey, and Katie Dippold getting some clarification on the game of soccer, following the showbiz antics of 2 Minute Tony, and creating a more positive Twitter experience. It’s an episode that will make you think twice about yellow jackets! Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com and Dragoon’s new album “This Galaxy Is But A Nursery” at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Holy moly the scenes were great in this episode.

The bee/hornet/yellowjacket scene playing into the murder trial was so much fun.

• Like 3

I have been having a terrible week but when I saw that improviser list and then heard that opening riff(my favorite I4H opener) I knew it was going to be a great day. Thanks Matt

Hopefully I am right, it is only 7:07 a.m. lol

Yellow jackets are the best dressed of all insects.

3d-wasp-hornet-worker-with-hard-hat.jpg

That twitter fight with MIB and Marc was insane. Jesus, Brian is right. That was depressing.

• Like 1

Andy Daly and Brian Huskey! Sploosh!

Sploosh.gif

A brilliant episode!

• Like 3

Besser's total amusement at the yellow jacket scenario in the trial is amazing

• Like 1

Can some artistic person draw the woman driving around town in a minicoop with a bee on her finger? That image in my mind had me doubled over.

• Like 4

That twitter fight with MIB and Marc was insane. Jesus, Brian is right. That was depressing.

In my opinion, MIB sucker punched Maron and then owned him in the entire exchange.

I don't condone it, but Michael really hacked Marc to bits. He truly is the Marm of Smarm.

• Like 4

For some reason, I find bee-related humor to be the best possible kind, and this episode is further proof.

The Michael Ian Black v. Marc Maron twitter-off was pretty interesting. It's honestly hard for me to tell just how sincerely demeaning each of their comments were intended to be since the internet is notorious for making the tone behind a statement impossible to read. Doesn't come across as abnormally angry for either of them when read in their voices, but maybe that's just me. For what it's worth, I think Michael won, his lines cracked me up, Marc's were pretty weak compared to his recent deconstruction of Kumail Nanjiani on Doug Loves Movies.

• Like 2

In my opinion, MIB sucker punched Maron and then owned him in the entire exchange.

I don't condone it, but Michael really hacked Marc to bits. He truly is the Marm of Smarm.

Yep. Im still with you, it's petty and sad. Michael always seems to have the upper hand. That could be because he seems to be happy with his personal life while Marc laments about everything on numerous platforms. Either way it made me feel better to know that Matt and the gang were all weirded out by it as well.

I have been having a terrible week but when I saw that improviser list and then heard that opening riff(my favorite I4H opener) I knew it was going to be a great day. Thanks Matt

Anyone know the name of the track played at the very beginning?

I appreciate the dramatic reading of the Maron / MIB tweets. I heard about it, but didn't care enough to seek out and read them on my own.

Based on everything of MIB I've seen and heard, I believe he was joking and knew Marc would take immediately take offense and come back at him... Then it turned into a mini-bit back and forth, and then it went back to Marc being mad.

That WTF they did together was all about how Marc thinks MIB thinks he superior to Marc. I don't think there's any real bad blood, just dueling personalities.

Plus, MIB pretty much destroyed him in those tweets.

Marc always seems to look down on any comedy that isn't personal/observational stuff as if his style is the only true form of stand-up.

I'm a fan of both Marc and Michael, but in my opinion neither of them really "won" in that Twitter exchange. No matter who had the better burns they just come off as two petty and childish adults having a pointless pissing match. I felt embarrassed for both of them the entire time.

The improv was great this episode. I love when a callback works it's way perfectly into other scenes. This episode was a perfect example of that. Everything connected.

Never really understood Marc Maron. I understand his place in alternative comedy and everything but I've never found him notably funny. I think Marc is just angry that the more absurd, improv and sketch-based style of comedy is becoming more popular than the whole Richard Lewis-esque bitter, observational stuff, at least in the alternative scene.

Either that or he's just getting old and running out of jokes.

Best episode ever? I mean holy cow, I can't remember the last time I've laughed that hard. The whole bee imagery just killed me every time.

Yep. Im still with you, it's petty and sad. Michael always seems to have the upper hand. That could be because he seems to be happy with his personal life while Marc laments about everything on numerous platforms. Either way it made me feel better to know that Matt and the gang were all weirded out by it as well.

MIB clearly dominated, but I do think it was probably, MOSTLY, in jest. Have you heard Marc on Doug Loves Movies recently with Kumail? They both viciously insult each other the entire time and it's all a bit. I think that's what they were going for, but as this episode reminds us, it's hard to indicate one's level of sarcasm on Twitter.

For some reason, I find bee-related humor to be the best possible kind, and this episode is further proof.

Not to stray too far off-topic, but two of my favorite Simpsons lines/moments ever were bee-themed:

"Or what? You'll release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?"

and

"Bees are on the what now?"

Anyway, great team, great episode.

• Like 2

MIB clearly dominated, but I do think it was probably, MOSTLY, in jest. Have you heard Marc on Doug Loves Movies recently with Kumail? They both viciously insult each other the entire time and it's all a bit. I think that's what they were going for, but as this episode reminds us, it's hard to indicate one's level of sarcasm on Twitter.

Marc played it down on WTF, but did say he was blind-sided and admitted that Michael "handed him ass".

Besser's comment about "Socratic insulting" was Goddamn hilarious.

"How come your belly goes over your pants?"

• Like 1