🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 61 — Pauly Shore, Our Close Friend

Are you addicted to Serial like the rest of the country? Hayes and Sean are finally talking about the wildly popular phenomenon, throwing their own spoilers and theories into the pot. Then, close personal friend Pauly Shore is in the studio to talk about all the famous people he's seen naked and the Popcorn Gallery is back to ask about Son in Law and whether Tia Carrere is still hot.

• Like 1

Great 'sode, the interview section was not at all like pulling teeth and you could tell the guest was really prepared and into it.

• Like 20

This is, without a doubt, the scariest episode of any podcast I have ever heard.

• Like 5

I think Cody did an amazing job playing Sklarbro County during the intro. Engineer Cody Cody is the Engineer Cody of the year.

• Like 6

My phone started doing a beep so I looked at it, there was a message from Engineer Cody Cody.

"Lk 2 yr ◄ bro, xoxo ;) ~ Engnr CdyCdy (4lyf)"

So I lkd 2 my ◄ and I saw, CLEAR AS DAY, James Michael Gunther from Hit TV show The One With The Friends, exiting an Arbies.

I staggered around for three minutes in a haze of possibility. Then I saw him, Engineer Cody Cody turning around with a flourish like a beautiful dancing Swans Lake Swan to give me a big thumbs up and a smile. He nodded to his left: Fran Drescher - The Titular Nanny fitting her mouth around some corned beef! Fingerguns to the right: Hollywood big shot Jon Favreau spilling mustard down himself!

As quickly as it started, he had gone. Like mist on the wind, Engineer Cody Cody faded into nothingness. All I had left were my memories of big-time Hollywood sandwich-eaters and that gleam in his eye like a diamond in a saucepan full of beef.

I set off despondently down the street once more.

That's when my phone started doing a beep.

I threw my Raybans into the air, hopped on my Harley, and popped a wheelie so the sunglasses would land perfectly on my eyes.

"I GOT WORK TO DO!" I grinned.

• Like 7

xidsxSl.png

Engineer Cody MVP. I really enjoyed the energy Pauly brought to the interview. I've not listened to Serial, but I kind of followed along as I'm smart and good at context clues.

• Like 8

This is how I thought Sinbad was going to go but then he was possibly the best guest segment ever. Pauly...... Amazing work by Sean and Hayes. That's what I'll say.

Suck on deez to other Earwolf podcasts regardless of how that went. Code Man, couldn't snap a pic of Pauly and Sean doing the weasel handshake? Was the SWB or whatever not in there?!

• Like 7

Well that was weird. I thought it was good that Sean hinted up top that the guest segment was "problematic." The boyZ (and I include Cody in that) really brought it and made it enjoyable.

Still, some weird vibes.

Vibes, Andy? Vibes?

• Like 12

Yesterday I was talking mad shit on Cody, but he really kept the show together today. Thanks Cody, I don't hate you anymore.

• Like 1

My favorite part of the interview was when Pauly revealed he thinks Rob Schneider's "making copies" character was a cheap ripoff of the weasel persona.

I like that the only thing Pauley Shore understood (and understood immediately) about the entire show is that it's funny to make fun of the engineers.

• Like 19

Next time you won't weaze the ju-uice like a homo, will you? I think we all learned something today.

• Like 6

Chanson, you were right. Cody is amazing. Not only did he save the show, but he's a bit of a badass who don't give an ef!

• Like 5

So we finally have an episode where at no point did the guest come around and "get" the show. I thought I would enjoy that more, though I did find a weird sense of satisfaction in Pauley Shore genuinely not understanding the explanation of the Popcorn Gallery. Like, they actually needed to over-explain it.

• Like 6

So we finally have an episode where at no point did the guest come around and "get" the show. It thought I would enjoy that more, though I did find a weird sense of satisfaction in Pauley Shore genuinely not understanding the explanation of the Popcorn Gallery. Like, they actually needed to over-explain it.

I almost steered my truck off the road from laughing when Hayes finally just says, "It's questions."

• Like 10

What is Sean's actual connection to Grumpy Cat? He and Dom are listed apparently for the "thanks".

I know he's joked about it before, but I thought he was making fun of it.

• Like 4

Also, Sean saying 'weeze the joo-oose' is killing me.

• Like 6