🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 61 — Pauly Shore, Our Close Friend

BRASS EYE. One of the greatest shows ever.

Father Ted is an Irish comedy that's very broad and silly, but I like it. Maybe just because I'm Irish. Father Ted is like part of our culture. It's a Graham Linehan show. The guy behind Black Books and the IT Crowd.

If anyone finds themselves wandering around the south-east of Ireland for some reason, look me up.

mmmmm, the homeland. Although my peoples are Ulsters or lowland scots. Don't know if there's still beef between them and the rest of the UK. Who am I kidding, the Irish hate everyone.

• Like 2

I'm not on fb but I would be into a meet up.

Coool. I'll just send a pm on here if we can work out a day that fits everybody's schedule. Also, I don't think you watch too much tv. I just binged through every season of Top Chef Canada and it is GOOD. On a recent episode they did the "cooking for kids, but it has to be healthy" challenge, BUT they also had to incorporate mayonnaise into everything. So they were putting mayonnaise in soups, in guacamole, on quesadillas. It was gross!

The Thick of It (and the spin-off movie In The Loop) - British Veep.

Yes! In the Loop starring Zach Woods, whose Veep equivalent character, Jonah, is played by a different actor even though Zach Woods is in season 2 and 3. I wish I knew the story behind that.

• Like 2

Chanson's dissertation made me think of how weird we all are, and I'm curious to what kind of weird movies/musics/tvs you guys enjoy? Eric Andre Show is hilarious, probs my favorite show on tv right now. Wet Hot American Summer be my all time movie of the lifetime. Anddddd the new Panda Bear album leaked and it is glorious, album of the next year for sure..

I watch Wet Hot American Summer at least a couple of times a year, one of my favourite comedies. The mess hall scene between Janeane Garofalo and Paul Rudd is the best thing of all time.

Also, the newest comedy that I instantly loved was Andy Daly's Review. The pancakes episode was to die for.

• Like 4

mmmmm, the homeland. Although my peoples are Ulsters or lowland scots. Don't know if there's still beef between them and the rest of the UK. Who am I kidding, the Irish hate everyone.

There's a lot of beef in Northern Ireland, and it's between its own citizens; catholics and protestants. The island of Ireland is divided into 32 counties, 6 of which are in the UK. This is Northern Ireland, a separate country from the Republic of Ireland, which contains the other 26 counties. To simplify things (maybe over-simplify things): catholics are nationalist, they want the island of Ireland to be united as one country, and protestants are unionists, they want NI to stay part of the UK. Catholics used to be pretty badly discriminated against in NI, especially by police (sounds familiar), but sadly the response from a small few was guerrilla style paramilitary action that killed many civilians. There was wrongdoing on both sides. Thousands died in the fighting of what was basically a civil war. An agreement was signed in 1998, but occasionally bad things still happen and people get hurt, on both sides. It's very sad to see.

Sorry to get super serious on the ol' HH forum, but I like my country and don't like when we fight.

• Like 1

I'm in the East Bay and I go on furlough between 12/24 and 1/1 so I will be cold hard chillin' that whole time. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. Let's make this happen, Andy. Are you doing any stand up while you're here? If not, do you want to?

Ooohh interesting! I am from Moraga if you are familiar with the smallest and most boring and isolated place in all of the bay. I am not doing any stand up and I would be interested in doing some for sure THOUGH I would be kind of hesitant to make an official commitment right now because I'm gonna be flying up (JetBlue into Oakland you know how I do) and I won't have a car.

But I will be around from like the 23rd until the 27th or 28th!

There's a lot of beef in Northern Ireland, and it's between its own citizens; catholics and protestants. The island of Ireland is divided into 32 counties, 6 of which are in the UK. This is Northern Ireland, a separate country from the Republic of Ireland, which contains the other 26 counties. To simplify things (maybe over-simplify things): catholics are nationalist, they want the island of Ireland to be united as one country, and protestants are unionists, they want NI to stay part of the UK. Catholics used to be pretty badly discriminated against in NI, especially by police (sounds familiar), but sadly the response from a small few was guerrilla style paramilitary action that killed many civilians. There was wrongdoing on both sides. Thousands died in the fighting of what was basically a civil war. An agreement was signed in 1998, but occasionally bad things still happen and people get hurt, on both sides. It's very sad to see.

Sorry to get super serious on the ol' HH forum, but I like my country and don't like when we fight.

But the world then got introduced to Michael Fassbender in Hunger, so all worth it?

But the world then got introduced to Michael Fassbender in Hunger, so all worth it?

Exactly. At the end of the day, a star was born.

• Like 1

You guys ever heard of two lil shows called The Big Bang Theory and 2 & a Half Men? Cause that's where I go to get my boffo yucks and definitely not hate everything if I'm watching!

• Like 9

^ really glad that my 200th post had The Big Bang Theory in it. REALLY glad

• Like 6

JOE!!!! SON OF A BITCJH Those are the shows we hate!!!!!!

Big Fail Theory as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 4

Ooohh interesting! I am from Moraga if you are familiar with the smallest and most boring and isolated place in all of the bay. I am not doing any stand up and I would be interested in doing some for sure THOUGH I would be kind of hesitant to make an official commitment right now because I'm gonna be flying up (JetBlue into Oakland you know how I do) and I won't have a car.

But I will be around from like the 23rd until the 27th or 28th!

Oh! Maybe you'll get to try the new AirBart monorail shuttle from Oakland airport to the Bart station. It just opened. I've never been to Moraga, the land just beyond the hills. But I just street viewed it. Seems nice.

If you do decide that you want to/can do stand up, let me know. I might be able to set something up for the 26th, 27th, or 28th at a shitty bar in Oakland. B)

• Like 2

BTW, if I weren't out of likes I would be giving everyone on page 7 a like.

You get and like! and you get a like! And you get a like!

• Like 5

Happy 200 Joey Joe Joe! Here's to 200 more in the next week, good luck!

• Like 4

Oh! Maybe you'll get to try the new AirBart monorail shuttle from Oakland airport to the Bart station. It just opened. I've never been to Moraga, the land just beyond the hills. But I just street viewed it. Seems nice.

If you do decide that you want to/can do stand up, let me know. I might be able to set something up for the 26th, 27th, or 28th at a shitty bar in Oakland. B)

Cool! I will let you know soon if that works. I definitely am into doing stand up in a shitty bar. It will be a step up from standing up in a shitty restaurant that doubles as an abysmal bar (the only place I ever perform because it's a block away from my apartment)

• Like 2

Happy 200 Joey Joe Joe! Here's to 200 more in the next week, good luck!

Don't tempt me man.

I had to pull off onto the side of the road while listening to this just to calm down a little bit. I did not think a podcast could get any spookier than Eliza's episode, but now i long for those fraught puppet days

I love you guys, and as soon as I can buy girl scout cookies online I'm going to send you both two big boxes of samoas (and maybe help out little Sam be the neighborhood lead)

• Like 2

re: british huomour: everyone who likes improv and interviews should listen to this album by Peter Cook and Chris Morris, where Morris's interviewer consistently forces Peter Cook's character into insane corners and Cook pushes through em like a champ

• Like 3

i only like american tv, but i dont watch it still because i have too many podcasts to listen to

• Like 4

but i do watch CBBtv with my kids and the ucb show is probably the show ive rewatched the most times historically

• Like 5

re: british huomour: everyone who likes improv and interviews should listen to this album by Peter Cook and Chris Morris, where Morris's interviewer consistently forces Peter Cook's character into insane corners and Cook pushes through em like a champ

One of the shows I recommended earlier (Not Only...But Also) is an old sketch show starring Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. It is awesomely funny and weird, so I'm recommending it a second time since you mentioned Cook. You know what they say, "If you want really good broth, you can't have too much Cook."

• Like 1

Did you guys see Derek? What the fuck was that?

:)

I legit had to stop this partway through to get my breath.

Mr Shore;

-makes mention of his heroic dedication to those poor flyover states

-immediately tries to throw Andy Dick under the bus, rightfully juxtaposing his correctly elevated status compared to Mr Dick

-tries to get the room to turn on Engineer Cody, again, like a hero

-lets us all know that "squeezing the ja-uuuice" is NOT to be done "like a homo". After all they have enough in this world

And congrats to Engineer Cody for showing Mr Shore the ABSOLUTELY CORRECT amount of respect considering how scary it must have been to be in the same room as such a giant of entertainment.

• Like 2

I forgot to say it earlier, but learning from a recent Shark Tank episode that Howard Stern had read ads for a product called "Squatty Potty" made me feel better about S+H having to read those toilet band ads.

• Like 1

Dog Bites Man!!!! Dog Bites Man is one of the funniest shows ever made. It's a part sketch, part improv, part hidden camera show about a shitty news crew. Matt Walsh, Zach Galifianakis, AD Miles, and Andrea Savage. Annnddd the whole series is only $10 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...h?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buy it now! Buy it now!

This automatically makes you one of the best people.

According to Zach, there's a deleted scene (which he calls maybe his proudest moment) where he asks one of the leaders of the KKK if he's ever seen Big Mama's House 2.

• Like 3