🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 61 — Pauly Shore, Our Close Friend

PS I would also be into a meet-up. I do not live in the Bay Area, as you can see, but I'm planning on seeing U2 when they come to california and hitting up some UCB shows, so if anyone would be up for it we could talk U2 to each other.

• Like 3

If anyone's in New Orleans let's not meet up, because of social anxiety and I'm not funny without photoshop.

• Like 5

If anyone's in New Orleans let's not meet up, because of social anxiety and I'm not funny without photoshop.

I'm in New Orleans, but have been asked by the city not to meet up with anyone because my extreme social awesomeness makes other people feel bad about themselves.

Oh, I saw on the television that you can use photoshop on the new windows tablet. If you had one of those, you could bring photoshop with you and be funny wherever you go! You don't have to thank me, I'm a problem-solver -- it's just what I do.

• Like 1

BRASS EYE. One of the greatest shows ever.

Father Ted is an Irish comedy that's very broad and silly, but I like it. Maybe just because I'm Irish. Father Ted is like part of our culture. It's a Graham Linehan show. The guy behind Black Books and the IT Crowd.

If anyone finds themselves wandering around the south-east of Ireland for some reason, look me up.

Father Ted is fantastic! My ex-wife and I almost named our second pug "Dougal"

• Like 4

I forgot to say it earlier, but learning from a recent Shark Tank episode that Howard Stern had read ads for a product called "Squatty Potty" made me feel better about S+H having to read those toilet band ads.

actually the toilet band was probably the best product they have advertised on the show to date

• Like 6

• Like 2

actually the toilet band was probably the best product they have advertised on the show to date

I haven't heard their stuff but it sounds like it's probably high-quality (slug) rock-and-roll.

If anyone finds themselves in Scranton, let's also not meetup and promptly turn yourselves around so you don't get infected with massive debt and rising taxes.

#HometownHumor

• Like 1

I'm in the East Bay and I go on furlough between 12/24 and 1/1 so I will be cold hard chillin' that whole time. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. Let's make this happen, Andy. Are you doing any stand up while you're here? If not, do you want to?

Yo yo yo I'm in South Bay (rep!) and I'm actually going to be **out** of town December 20-January 3, but I'm **in** town pretty much any other day (doing a ski trip I think sometime in January but other than that). Anastasia I noticed you're starting a new trend of calling your vaca "furlough" which I think is p brave and funny. Gonna start doing that.

• Like 3

If anyone finds themselves in Scranton, let's also not meetup and promptly turn yourselves around so you don't get infected with massive debt and rising taxes.

#HometownHumor

Yo yo yo Joe "The Molester & Rapist" McGirly I'm probs gonna be in Williamsport (Dad's family... I know he started in bumstuck flyover nowhere and worked on up to the East Coast ((Boston)) and then I upgraded my self first-class to the West Coast ((Cali!))... maybe my kids will be smart enough to actually live in Hollywood). But probs not for long enough to go out there. Also, I hate you, ya dig?

• Like 3

Yo yo yo Joe "The Molester & Rapist" McGirly I'm probs gonna be in Williamsport (Dad's family... I know he started in bumstuck flyover nowhere and worked on up to the East Coast ((Boston)) and then I upgraded my self first-class to the West Coast ((Cali!))... maybe my kids will be smart enough to actually live in Hollywood). But probs not for long enough to go out there. Also, I hate you, ya dig?

Great. Just knowing that you'll be roughly two hours away from me fills me with so much rage.

• Like 5

• Like 2

wtf...i'm in new orleans too

what are the friggin odds ?

didn't i see you at doki doki beats, the society for the appreciation of japanese girl metal bands and maid themed dominion games??

• Like 5

I feel the same way about Father Ted that I do about Alan Partridge--they are shows that I love dearly and could rewatch constantly, but other than other comedy nerds I interact with (i.e. this forum)there is absolutely ZERO chance that anyone else I encounter will be at all interested or find anything humorous about either show. They are both too out there/borderline depressing to even get a chuckle from most people I know.

• Like 3

So I went to go see the Opera Madama Butterfly and I had already seen the Cronenberg(?) version called M. butterfly and all I can say is I like the one where the dude fucks the guy a lot better than the one where they sing in Italian.

• Like 6

So I went to go see the Opera Madama Butterfly and I had already seen the Cronenberg(?) version called M. butterfly and all I can say is I like the one where the dude fucks the guy a lot better than the one where they sing in Italian.

Anything done by David Cronenberg is automatically a million times better-i.e. the movie "The Fly" vs the remake "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" by the Offspring.

• Like 4

I feel the same way about Father Ted that I do about Alan Partridge--they are shows that I love dearly and could rewatch constantly, but other than other comedy nerds I interact with (i.e. this forum)there is absolutely ZERO chance that anyone else I encounter will be at all interested or find anything humorous about either show. They are both too out there/borderline depressing to even get a chuckle from most people I know.

It's a completely ubiquitous show in this country. It's pretty cool that it's actually a good show, too. I just checked on Facebook and 61 of my friends "like" Father Ted on Facebook. To put that in perspective, 56 like Family Guy, 41 like Big Bang Theory, and 30 like Two and a Half Men. 19 like Black Books. 15 like the IT Crowd. 8 like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

It's a completely ubiquitous show in this country. It's pretty cool that it's actually a good show, too. I just checked on Facebook and 61 of my friends "like" Father Ted on Facebook. To put that in perspective, 56 like Family Guy, 41 like Big Bang Theory, and 30 like Two and a Half Men. 19 like Black Books. 15 like the IT Crowd. 8 like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

thats crazy that it has that much more cultural cache than the IT Crowd when they are both Linehan shows--the IT Crowd feels much more accessible to me, although from an Irish perspective Father Ted probably resonates more.

Oooooh Black Books was fantastic as well. Just noticed it in that list

• Like 1

thats crazy that it has that much more cultural cache than the IT Crowd when they are both Linehan shows--the IT Crowd feels much more accessible to me, although from an Irish perspective Father Ted probably resonates more.

Father Ted is as accessible as it gets for an Irish person. It's insanely popular. If you say or do anything from the show people instantly know what you're doing. All it takes is to look around blankly, half smile and widen your eyes and people know you're doing Dougal. The whole feel of the show is so Irish and familiar.

Black Books and the IT Crowd are much more British, and don't have as broad an appeal in this country. Still pretty broad though, because we're not that different. I love Black Books so much.

• Like 1

wtf...i'm in new orleans too

what are the friggin odds ?

Team New Orleans. Who Dat!

• Like 1

Brett Gelman will be on the show to discuss how many weird boners he got watching Peter Pan Live! last night. You can try to ask questions, Popcorn Gallery, but there may not be time to even get to them.

• Like 3

Yo yo yo I'm in South Bay (rep!) and I'm actually going to be **out** of town December 20-January 3, but I'm **in** town pretty much any other day (doing a ski trip I think sometime in January but other than that). Anastasia I noticed you're starting a new trend of calling your vaca "furlough" which I think is p brave and funny. Gonna start doing that.

Does anyone actually "rep" the South Bay? I feel like that's kind of gauche. I mean, what are you actually representing? Gentrification and increasing wealth disparities in an already economically lop-sided metropolitan area? That doesn't seem like something most people would "rep."

• Like 2