🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2016 Pt. 3

Scott and Paul F. Tompkins continue counting down The Best of Comedy Bang! Bang! 2016 episodes as they go through numbers seven through four on the count down as well as number two on the Best CBB Live episode of 2016 as voted by YOU. You’re welcome!

Ha I just tweeted that to them.

It's also worth pointing out that in the episode, the microphone can broadcast over any nearby radio.

In the commentary for the episode, they reference it as a "commercial that was very popular in the 80's"

I'm hoping for 2017 we get a Best of Engineer Cody Cody countdown.

• Like 1

Look, anyone who knows me knows I normally don't like to be serious or get too critical, especially around the holidays, but Mr. Tompkins, I. Am. Flabbergasted. "Why", you ask? Why would a time traveler change something as arbitrary and seemingly insignificant as the 'E' at the end of Barenstein to an 'A'? Oh, I don't know. How about to test and measure the cultural, physical, and psychological ramifications that time travel and any kind of adjustments made by time travelers have on the world? I'm not going to get into why they chose a beloved, slightly communist, children's book series as the perfect tool, or how there's evidence that Ellis Island was filled with time travelers at one point, it's all in my affordable blog/vlog. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Perhaps there's something more sinister than your child-like ignorance that keeps you from admitting the truth. Listen, I don't care if you're a time traveler or not, my point is, with all due respect, you can't afford to be this naive, especially around the holidays.

• Like 1

not to step on any toes, but I did a little (completely unnecessary) revising of today's catchphrase:

you've heard of Asimov's 3 laws of robotics

but i bet you ne'er heard of his 3 metal buttocks

you're welcome and/or I'm sorry

Look, anyone who knows me knows I normally don't like to be serious or get too critical, especially around the holidays, but Mr. Tompkins, I. Am. Flabbergasted. "Why", you ask? Why would a time traveler change something as arbitrary and seemingly insignificant as the 'E' at the end of Barenstein to an 'A'? Oh, I don't know. How about to test and measure the cultural, physical, and psychological ramifications that time travel and any kind of adjustments made by time travelers have on the world? I'm not going to get into why they chose a beloved, slightly communist, children's book series as the perfect tool, or how there's evidence that Ellis Island was filled with time travelers at one point, it's all in my affordable blog/vlog. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Perhaps there's something more sinister than your child-like ignorance that keeps you from admitting the truth. Listen, I don't care if you're a time traveler or not, my point is, with all due respect, you can't afford to be this naive, especially around the holidays.

I've had the Berenstein Bears books since I was a child, and I was reading one of them to my niece maybe two or three weeks before discovering the story about it being an A and not an E online. Even though I grew up with the books, watched the TV show, and was reading one of the books only weeks earlier, I would have sworn on my life and bet any amount of money that it was Berenstein and not Berenstain. I would've called anyone claiming otherwise a damn fool, and very likely challenged them to fisticuffs if they did not concede. Imagine my reality-shattering shock when I went upstairs to find the book I had read to my niece only to discover an A where an E should be.

I'm convinced it has to do with a time traveler on Ellis Island accidentally distracting someone and causing a clerical error, or a phase shift between alternate realities causing some inconsistencies in both universes and some confusion among sentient beings. Those are really the only two logical explanations, aside from the far-fetched and bogus theory of widespread human error causing a common misconception.

• Like 2

I'm not a violent person, and I don't judge anyone by race, sex, religious beliefs, or cultural background, but if you think it's always been "BerenstAin Bears", don't be surprised if I put hands on you, that's all.

THERE IS CERTAINLY a version of the commercial featuring women. I'm only 23 but looked up the commercial at it's first mention on the podcast. IT EXISTS SOMEWHERE

Anyone else notice Scott included an originally unaired portion of the Oh Hello Show? Caught me of guard at first because I didn't remember it originally but then Nick said to not include that portion and they worked to get back. Mistake to include or fun little extra?

• Like 1

not to step on any toes, but I did a little (completely unnecessary) revising of today's catchphrase:

you've heard of Asimov's 3 laws of robotics

but i bet you ne'er heard of his 3 metal buttocks

you're welcome and/or I'm sorry

Please don't joke about that. and now? at Christmas?!

• Like 3

The Cody Interruption is 2016's Muppets Gonna Fuck Khaleesi.

If Best-ofs were eligible for Best-ofs, then the first half-hour of this episode would easily put it in my top 10 for 2017.

Anyone else notice Scott included an originally unaired portion of the Oh Hello Show? Caught me of guard at first because I didn't remember it originally but then Nick said to not include that portion and they worked to get back. Mistake to include or fun little extra?

I regret not checking the original before posting this. Disregard that comment

I think you're confusing him with Mr. Thompkins.

I think you're confusing him with Mr. Thompkins.

Thompkins/Tompkins...Berenstein/Berenstain?

The rabbit hole goes deeper than we can imagine and the truth will determine everyones future, however, I've lost interest.

• Like 1

Finally some Gino on the best-of's!

Time Keeper is by far my all time favourite character, every line is just gold. Neil's Larry the Loner was also maybe the hardest I laughed all year. Are we ever going to get closure on the Order of the Keepers?

• Like 2

Best ofs are so often simply the best

Also the first 10 eps of season 5 of Comedy Bang Bang are up on American Netflix

Best ofs are so often simply the best

Also the first 10 eps of season 5 of Comedy Bang Bang are up on American Netflix

GET AWAY FROM MEEE-HEEEEEE

140827.jpg?b64lines=SGV5LCBnb29kLWxvb2tpbmchCldlJ2xsIGJlIGJhY2sgdG8gcGljawp5b3UgdXAgbGF0ZXIu

From "Radio Bart" (1992)

#FireCody

Seeing Paul and Scott on twitter claim this is not what they remembered but tbh I think they are in the early stages of DABDA.

• Like 2