#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:36 PM

View Posttomspanks, on 01 February 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

I am legit angry about this. EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIIIIEEEEEE!
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#323 Snake Plisskins Moist Socket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostDan Engler, on 01 February 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Another interesting bit about early computer graphics at the end of this article from a Star Wars VFX artist:

I'm sure it was just a early graphical take on the Death Star. Here's one that really baked my noodle.

http://io9.gizmodo.c...-was-1791582520

#324 DeathToMikeyBay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostHellboobs, on 06 January 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

One more thing. I was surprised nobody on the show brought up the idea that maybe the movie was intentionally camp. I mean, JC's The Thing came out in 1982 y'all. Clearly, the man knows good--and I mean bone-chillingly good--SFX.

Posted Image

Maybe Carpenter was trying to do some kind of riff on the old beach blanket bingo surfer films from the 60s.

Not sure if anyone has already pointed out this BLASPHEMY, but that shot is not from the original 1982 The Thing, but from the awful 2011 prequel, not directed by John Carpenter.

#325 cruel intestines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

popping back in to an extremely dead thread here to be that person and say i just got done with this one and wow as a pam grier and john carpenter fan the WILD transphobia in this movie was aggressively disappointing. i think i would have turned if off had it been earlier in the movie, but as it was i just started doing some very time consuming anagram game on my phone instead and occasionally staring daggers at the screen like netfix had personally wronged me.
i think i'm doubly disappointed too bc i 100% assumed they would slam this on the episode but nah.
sorry for still being like 18 months behind and posting lol, i'm just having a twitter break rn so i didn't have anywhere else to scream about this at quarter to 1 in the morning and I'm having some feelings about it