🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 4 (Cakebug Tranch's Pick)

I feel like CakeBug is about to see a comment I made on one of his reviews and we're about to have a real issue...

Ha ha! I've listened to that soundtrack so many times with my kids (before bed danceparties are common at my house) that it's starting to grow on me more. I must have been super grumpy the day I wrote that one.

I hate it when mom and dad fight.

Which one's mom and which one's dad?

• Like 3

I just wanted to say, my Across the Universe experience wasn't completely negative. I just had some issues with it. I don't want everyone to think I'm a complete monster.

tumblr_nqpu9lv7nh1tegdkmo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Which one's mom and which one's dad?

Let's not kid ourselves, clearly I'm more maternal.

• Like 3

Let's not kid ourselves, clearly I'm more maternal.

That's true. Whereas I'm emotionally distant, Australian, bearded, and play rugby. I'll check all the macho boxes.

• Like 3

That's true. Whereas I'm emotionally distant, Australian, bearded, and play rugby. I'll check all the macho boxes.

It's why I Internet married you.

tumblr_n1sssm9peu1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

• Like 5

It's why I Internet married you.

You're internet married to everyone on this board aren't you

• Like 5

We're all just Cameron's sister-wives

• Like 4

If I wasn't about to go into a play workshop I'd Photoshop everyone's avatars on to this. So instead I'll leave this here and ask...

Who is who? (this is the cast of 'Sister Wives' to anyone who thought I was just being mean to random people)

sister-wives-abuse_axejcz.jpg

• Like 1

At least I'm committed. Besides, not everyone knows they're married to me yet so...

Maleficent_telling_you_to_shhh.gif

• Like 4

If I wasn't about to go into a play workshop I'd Photoshop everyone's avatars on to this. So instead I'll leave this here and ask...

Who is who? (this is the cast of 'Sister Wives' to anyone who thought I was just being mean to random people)

Being in Japan I don't always know what's going on with shows on non-major networks so I had no idea what this 'Sister Wives' was. So I had to google it and now I may even be more dumbfounded, and confused.

• Like 4

So after watching this for over an hour, all the time thinking...

giphy.gif

GUESS WHO shows up to give me something I actually enjoy? Thank Irish Jesus for Bonobos. Who is, not so coincidentally, Bonobos. Then Eddie Izzard is a acid-tripping carnival barker, which I could also use more of. Who are these other idiots getting in the way of Bono and Izzard?

• Like 5

giphy.gif

GUESS WHO shows up to give me something I actually enjoy? Thank Irish Jesus for Bonobos. Who is, not so coincidentally, Bonobos. Then Eddie Izzard is a acid-tripping carnival barker, which I could also use more of. Who are these other idiots getting in the way of Bono and Izzard?

When I saw Izzard, I was like:

giphy.gif

• Like 5

giphy.gif

When I saw Izzard, I was like:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I could take another hour of Bono's weirdo American accent rather than Jim Sturgess' Captain Jude Unappealing.

14682198.gif

• Like 4

Here's a question, excluding any in this movie for those that have seen it already, what is your favourite cover of a Beatles song?

I know this is from many pages ago, but here's the only Beatles cover you'll ever need:

• Like 3

Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Little Shop of Horrors. White Christmas [if we're counting non-stage ones].

• Like 5

Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Little Shop of Horrors. White Christmas [if we're counting non-stage ones].

Non-stage, movie-only musicals definitely count!

• Like 4

So, what are your favorite musicals?

I'm gonna save these for future picks B)

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Yeah, I gotta agree with Taylor Anne - we don't want to give away all our favourites do we?

Instead, I'll nominate my favourite stage musicals, regardless of whether there have been film adaptations. HINT: they have nearly all been adapted into films, but the films aren't always good. This is about my favourite stage musicals, not films.

The Fantasticks

Hamilton

Guys and Dolls

Urinetown

Jesus Christ Superstar

Godspell

Spider-Man Turn off the Dark (j/k)

The Hunting of the Snark (check out the concept album footage on YouTube: awesome)

Phantom of the Opera (shut up)

Les Mis

Chicago

Sweeney Todd

Assassins

Rent

Avenue Q

Into the Woods

Man of La Mancha

So, many of those have film versions, but I don't like all the films. But the plays? LOVE.

• Like 4