🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 4 (Cakebug Tranch's Pick)

I'm a HUGE Bates Motel fan, but Hannibal started to feel like a chore after a while. I got most of the way through the first season. I love Mads Whatever [the guy who played Hannibal].

Once it moves from crime of the week which it was at the very start to the season long stories it gets much better. Also the visuals and style of the show get more and more stylish to the point some of the third season is like an art film.

• Like 3

I'm late to the party here, but I just want to say I love CakeBug's reasoning for picking this movie and how much thought and effort clearly went into it. Well done.

With that said, I am dreading watching this. I have no negative feelings about the Beatles, but I have never been a fan, so this movie always struck me as an unnecessary two hours. Then someone in this thread mentioned Cloud Atlas and now I fear for my immortal soul.

giphy.gif

• Like 7

I'm late to the party here, but I just want to say I love CakeBug's reasoning for picking this movie and how much thought and effort clearly went into it. Well done.

tyx9emw.gif

With that said, I am dreading watching this. I have no negative feelings about the Beatles, but I have never been a fan, so this movie always struck me as an unnecessary two hours. Then someone in this thread mentioned Cloud Atlas and now I fear for my immortal soul.

Cloud Atlas if Cloud Atlas had

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Lol sorry that was me. It was the Jim Sturgess connection.

• Like 2

I'm rewatching now, and I stand behind my decision.

It's not frackin' Cloud Atlas!

Just leeeean into it. Surrender to it and go for the ride and the self-conscious Beatleisms.

And if you stopped at 8 minutes, Cam, you stopped before I Wanna Hold Your Hand. The exact wrong time to stop!

• Like 4

I'm rewatching now, and I stand behind my decision.

It's not frackin' Cloud Atlas!

Just leeeean into it. Surrender to it and go for the ride and the self-conscious Beatleisms.

And if you stopped at 8 minutes, Cam, you stopped before I Wanna Hold Your Hand. The exact wrong time to stop!

Oh, I got into "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." Bold decision to turn it into a funeral dirge...

• Like 5

Oh, I got into "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." Bold decision to turn it into a funeral dirge...

6d40dee30f4c80cd59927542dd293303076792a0_hq.gif

• Like 5

You guys are like GIF ninjas.

It's a prerequisite for posting on the boards.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I really want this to just turn into a fight about the Beatles vs their covers in the movie between CakeBug and Cameron.

Having no horse in the race, it's pure entertainment.

• Like 5

I really want this to just turn into a fight about the Beatles vs their covers in the movie between CakeBug and Cameron.

Having no horse in the race, it's pure entertainment.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Maybe I should watch the movie before we get too into this. I mean it can only get better in the, let me see here...Jesus! It goes on for another 125 minutes!?!

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I just snorted on a crowded bus.

• Like 4

WE HAVEN'T HAD A PROPER GIF FIGHT IN SO LONG

giphy.gif

It's basically a right of passage. Does this make CakeBug one of us?

• Like 5

a72e4ea2471b8d281c3f13bf94699cc7.gif

• Like 7

EDIT: GOD DAMMIT CAMERON

• Like 2