Episode 174 - Jason X: LIVE!

121 replies to this topic

#121 deathbecomesher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostRyan Sz, on 01 November 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Yeah I had to look again at the twins to see if there was a way to tell them apart, which ended up being their shirts, so I didn't catch the switch at first. And of course all the characters except for the Final Girl are supposed to be incredibly terrible and killable, since they basically represent the deadly sins. If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend The Final Girls starring Malin Ackerman and Taissa Farmiga about a group of people who get sucked up into a cult B-slasher that starred one of their moms. It doesn't play the satire as straight-faced as Cabin In the Woods, but is still amazing in how it breaks down the tropes of the genre, to the point they basically have to tie up the slutty counselor so she doesn't take her clothes off and in turn start the final act/massacre of the film. With this Friday film, I was honestly surprised that the first one killed was the smart girl of the group, because they made it appear as if she could have been the Final Girl for the film, especially since the only other actress who came close to non-shittiness was the female doctor. Also, if you haven't heard it, Pablo Francisco has a great bit about the stupidity of Friday kids and how they end up on the wrong end of a blade.

Yeah he was great in that my mom has dated guys like that who were that affable and truly trying to be my friend. Reiser I liked as he seemed to me that he could either be a total villain or a guy just having to do his job, unlike Matthew Modine was an uber asshole from the first time you saw him and you knew he was up to no good.

Not just that but one of the twins has colored pants and the other has white pants.

"Final Girls" rules! Great horror homage in that movie.

#122 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:54 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 02 November 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

Ted Neely handsome?

Slow down there. That's just crazy talk!
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)