Jump to content


Musical Mondays Week 26 The Muppet Movie


46 replies to this topic

#41 Cinco DeNio

    The Mark of the group

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:29 AM

View PostPollyDarton, on 07 December 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

Besides O.F.O.W... any favorite cameos?

I think mine was Cloris Leachman...
Posted Image
Looking GOOD!

Frau Blucher really cleaned up nicely.
Posted Image
(singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Mary Lane, Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

"On you, wet is my favorite color"
-- Elvis Presley, Blue Hawaii (1961)

#42 The Triple Lindy

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationThornton Melon School of Business, Grand Lakes U

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostPollyDarton, on 07 December 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

Besides O.F.O.W... any favorite cameos?

I think mine was Cloris Leachman...
Posted Image
Looking GOOD!

It took me a while to realize this was Cloris ... it's probably the hair ... has kind of a "Sia" effect. Posted Image

But my favorite cameo in anything is always Madeline Kahn, and this movie is no exception:

Posted Image

She was always such a knockout ... and she's doing her Blazing Saddles voice, to boot.

#43 Cinco DeNio

    The Mark of the group

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostPollyDarton, on 07 December 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

Besides O.F.O.W... any favorite cameos?

I think mine was Cloris Leachman...
Posted Image
Looking GOOD!

My favorite is Carol Kane but only because her voice is so different than what we usually hear (and she's wearing the exact same outfit (as far as I can tell) every time she pops up). Compare her voice with Taxi or The Princess Bride.
(singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Mary Lane, Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

"On you, wet is my favorite color"
-- Elvis Presley, Blue Hawaii (1961)

#44 Cinco DeNio

    The Mark of the group

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostThe_Triple_Lindy, on 08 December 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

It took me a while to realize this was Cloris ... it's probably the hair ... has kind of a "Sia" effect. Posted Image

But my favorite cameo in anything is always Madeline Kahn, and this movie is no exception:

Posted Image

She was always such a knockout ... and she's doing her Blazing Saddles voice, to boot.


(singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Mary Lane, Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

"On you, wet is my favorite color"
-- Elvis Presley, Blue Hawaii (1961)

#45 Quasar Sniffer

    Elitist Prick

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:59 AM

Though I thoroughly enjoy everyone's cameo, my favorite has gotta be Steve Martin as the Insolent Waiter. It plays like classic sketch comedy that is reminiscent of the best of The Muppet Show or maybe even SNL (though it'd be stretched to three times as long and overstay its welcome). It's short, sweet, and hilarious, and Martin's disgusted sarcasm contrasted with Kermit's naive confidence that he is showing Miss Piggy the pinnacle of luxury, and her accompanying acceptance that he is providing it, delights me to no end.
"Warning: Detected synaptic seepage. Neural failure within 24 hours... Welcome to Newark."
- Johnny Mnemonic (1995)

"I love that the demographic for this podcast is, like, college professors." - Rob Huebel

#46 tomspanks

    jaded meowndarin

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostQuasar Sniffer, on 10 December 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Though I thoroughly enjoy everyone's cameo, my favorite has gotta be Steve Martin as the Insolent Waiter. It plays like classic sketch comedy that is reminiscent of the best of The Muppet Show or maybe even SNL (though it'd be stretched to three times as long and overstay its welcome). It's short, sweet, and hilarious, and Martin's disgusted sarcasm contrasted with Kermit's naive confidence that he is showing Miss Piggy the pinnacle of luxury, and her accompanying acceptance that he is providing it, delights me to no end.


His short shorts made me LOL.

#47 Fister Roboto

    #likesanimals

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

Guys, I wish I had come back a week earlier because I FUCKING LOVE The Muppet Movie. It's one of those movies that I saw a billion times growing up. I used to hide behind my dad's recliner when the ghost town scene started because "Animal gonna get big and scare me."
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H