πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 93 β€” Youth

For the first time in 2013 the Blastoff crew is back in the hatch! Kyle and Tig describe their torrid love affair in New York, and then they discuss motherhood, diarrhea, and Seinfeld impressions. They then welcome fan and friend Daniel Alberto to the show. He discusses his life in high school and how he navigates those mercurial waters. It’s a funny and poignant talk about the perils and joys of youth. Don’t miss it Blastronauts.

• Like 1

Best Earwolf acknowledgement of the rabbit foot hanging from the mic goes to Gay Gatekeeper.

This episode:

Β 

Diarrhea.

Β 

Let's bring on our guest!

Β 

Umm..

Β 

*woof woof woof*

Β 

Umm... my mom

Β 

*woof woof*

Β 

Umm

Β 

(ad nauseum)

Β 

Otherwise, great episode.

• Like 3

Which improv comic was playing "Daniel"? Felt more like a CBB sort of thing, but still pretty good.

• Like 2

Daniel reminded me more of myself at his age than I'd like to admit. This is a good thing, since it brings the subject matter into sharp relief - namely that being a teenager can be a bummer. Best wishes to him and thanks to the crew for being so kind to the guy.

• Like 1

So great to hear the whole gang back in the hatch! Loved Kyle's Seinfeld! David needs to break out his Dick Vitale impression now that we are approaching March Madness!

Β 

(Woof, woof!)

Β 

When Del LaRue said he didn't know what his name was I nearly lost it! So funny.

Β 

(Woof, woof!)

Β 

I can't believe I'm going to miss Kyle's UConn appearance! Everyone should go see him. He is one of the best stand-ups working today!

Β 

(Woof, woof!)

Β 

Welp, that's been comment!

Β 

(Woof, woof!)

• Like 2

I started playing a drinking game where every time Daniel said "like" I drank a shot. Now I'm dead.

• Like 3

Hope my previous post didn't sound too snarky, just making an easy joke. I know we all tend to use words like "like" or say "umm" when talking, it's a hard habit to break, especially when put in a recorded interview situation, so no offense intended to Daniel.

Β 

Edit: as I listen to the show, I wonder if it was completely legal for Daniel to appear on the show without his parents permission? The questions got kind of personal, though I know Daniel kind of initiated it. I honestly don't know if there is any laws of this kind that can be attributed to podcasts, so I'm just throwing the question out there.

Loved this episode. I like the in the hatch episodes best. Daniel reminds me of myself at his age. "do you have any interest in letting your dogs out?" So funny thanks guys, this episode made my week!

Β 

Happy birthday dan.

• Like 1

David needs to break out his Dick Vitale impression now that we are approaching March Madness!

Your wish has been granted... On this week's Sklarbro Country.

• Like 2

Kids voice made me want to punch my things. He sounds like a nice kid, but maybe not the best choice for a purely audio entertainment format. Sorry, it just really grated.

Β 

Great to hear the gang together again though! :D

It was a great idea to have Daniel on this episode, and to actually hold such an in-depth conversation with a younger person. Totally fascinating.

i predict a sexual epiphany in the near future for dan, possibly during a trip to tel aviv...who knows

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this