🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Snake

Top 5 movies for you personnally that they have not done yet

On 1/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, CaptainAmazing said:

Hmm got harder to narrow it down to five than I expected after I read the thread. Pleasantly surprised at how many movies on this list have been done, even ones that were onlky suggested a few weeks ago.

1. Baby Geniuses- Probably the worst movie I've ever seen. Imagine if the Look Who's Talking movies had 10x the ambition and 1/3 their already small budget. I'm still wondering how the sequel got made.

2. Heckler- Jamie Kennedy made this full-length documentary that's basically him crying that no one liked Son of the Mask, and that it was all the fault of the critics, who are all bitter about their own careers or something. It's central thesis seems to hinge on the idea that because opinions are subjective, then there's no such thing as a bad movie, and all negative reviews are just mean, especially ones that have any humor to them. But the real appeal is how so much of it is an all-star list of bad movies (and the people who made them), many of which have been featured on this show, and how they are held up as poor, bullied sensitive artists and not people who put garbage out there. Joel Schumacher is on and is flabbergasted that anyone would have any expectations for "a comic book movie." Uwie Boll is on and held up as a hero. Also, doing a movie about harsh movie criticism on this podcast would be soooo ridiculously meta. I did a full IMDB review of the movie here. Of course we should do Son of the Mask first.

3. 3 Ninjas- Probably the first one that I loved as a child that needs to be done by the podcast. Little kids beating the hell out of adults with their second-grade ninja skills. The same kids have somehow installed an alarm in their hallway without their parents noticing to give them a heads-up when their parents come in to make sure they're asleep, so that they can stop playing the beginning of the first level of Super Mario Brothers with the most excitement you've ever seen.

4. Any of the Ewok Adventure films. Haven't seen them, but I remember reading a Disney Adventures magazine article where even they thought the main kid was "too cute for us." Plus anything that gets compared to the Holiday Special needs to be given a look-see.

5. Cats- Needs to be done, but I fully expect it to be done within the next month.

Honorable Mentions:

Oogieloves and the Big Balloon Adventure- Move this one up as soon as they do Cats. The guy who did the marketing for the Tellitubbies when then first came to the US apparently decided that he was the real reason behind their success or something and decided to go off on his own and make his own preschool-aged franchise. One that would start with a theatrical film. So a franchise that no one would recognize aimed at kids too young to develop an interest from a TV spot or something. It starts with encouraging tiny tots to get out of their seats and dance around and such right there in the theater. You know, in a dark place with other people and seats around that's intentionally crammed everything together. Awesome write-up of it here. Put it down here because I felt my main list was too kid-movie-heavy.

Manos: The Hands of Fate- Only down here because the podcast tries to avoid doing movies that MST3K has already done, and the only exceptions have been on accident. Would love to see them do it anyway. A lot of their most bonkers movies are ones made by people with no film experience whatsoever, and this is the perfect example.

Although I managed to miss it, and also "missed" when they would do it by months, Cats has now been done. Oogieloves now officially takes its slot.

Recommending more fine films such as:
Baywatch
Alone in the Dark
John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars
A Sound of Thunder
John Carter
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever
Jonah Hex

On 8/15/2013 at 8:09 PM, thestray said:

I definitely lean towards cheesy "so bad they're good" 80's action movies

Miami Connection

Gymkata

Samurai Cop

Get Even

Hard Ticket To Hawaii

I know that even though all of these have cult followings to some extent they probably won't be done because they're so obscure. But it's my dream wishlist. Miami Connection if nothing else NEEDS to be done. If they can do Birdemic and The Room and Sharknado, then certainly Miami Connection is not too obscure, and it's on Netflix.

Your wishlist definitely came true. 

• Like 1