🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Snake

Top 5 movies for you personnally that they have not done yet

Elektra (because of reasons)

Grease 2

The Phatom (with Billy Zane! come on!)

Left Behind (Nic Cage version preferred for obvious reasons but wouldn't mind either)

The Lone Ranger

God, it's hard to pick. I'm usually happy no matter what they do, even if I haven't heard of it before. But I prefer movies I was alive during the making of.

1).troll 2

2).hard ticket to Hawaii

3).riki oh :the story of Riki (it's free on YouTube)

4).nightmare on elm street 2 (the homosexual undertones alone)

5).silent night deadly night 2

Mortal Kombat Annihilation - I've been waiting too long for this, quite frankly, if I don't get it soon, I'm gonna start powerbombing people over it, not even punching people, pro-wrestling moves all the way.

Ready to Rumble - A film about pro-wrestling which had actual consequences. The star, David Arquette, ended up winning the World Title in 'real life', against his will I hasten to add (They literally said, 'You're in a movie which we funded, so you better take this belt'), which sped up the process of WCW going out of business.

9452954787_9dcdfe16b1_o.png

Honest - Take 'Spice World', now, replace the Spice Girls with their "Edgy and Cool" counterparts, All Saints:

all%20saints.jpg

Okay, now instead of the sacharine, loud, brightly coloured, farcical family comedy for their tween girl fans to enjoy. Make it a grim, Lock Stock inspired cockney gangster movie, which their adolescent fan base couldn't watch because it was rated 18... and nobody else could watch it, because it was shit, the only saving grace that this movie had was that teenage boys got a glimpse of their tits, and that's it.

Full English Breakfast - Okay, take 'The Room', and replace Tommy Wiseau with British plastic gangster, Dave Courtney

article-2592170-003E7FFF00000258-323_634x482.jpg

Now, replace the hilariously bad story, with what essentially amounts to "British Gangsters vs. The Taliban". It is actually WORSE than The Room, imagine the fun you had watching how bad the Room is, remove it. I can honestly see Jason losing his mind to him pulling chunks of beard out and eating it.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation - I just really want them to do this movie.

Honourable Mention - Battle of the Year.

• Like 1

Honest - Take 'Spice World', now, replace the Spice Girls with their "Edgy and Cool" counterparts, All Saints:

all%20saints.jpg

Okay, now instead of the sacharine, loud, brightly coloured, farcical family comedy for their tween girl fans to enjoy. Make it a grim, Lock Stock inspired cockney gangster movie, which their adolescent fan base couldn't watch because it was rated 18... and nobody else could watch it, because it was shit, the only saving grace that this movie had was that teenage boys got a glimpse of their tits, and that's it.

This reminded me how much I loved their song "Never Ever" when I was in middle school, and decided to look up the song on youtube (Since Spotify didn't have it for some fucking reason) and saw that the video had two different versions, a UK version and a US version. While the UK version was needlessly dramatic, especially near the end, it still kept with the theme of the song (A bad breakup) but the US version... I can't even begin to describe it. Nonsensical is a good word I think. To be fair, it was made at a time when Music videos were going through a weird phase and started doing the thing movies are currently going through in the US. The louder, flashier, and more expensive they were, the better, plot be damned.

I feel like this is something only fans of HDTGM can appreciate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPXqkjpXZ_k

It's like they decided to burst into song in the middle of "The Purge" or something.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, why the hell is it so damned glossy?

Ever since Michael/Janet Jackson and Puff Daddy made those ridiculously expensive videos, it seemed like everyone wanted on the bandwagon.

• Like 1

Would "The Tingler" (1959) count as a bad movie? I know it's cheesy (You can see the strings on the monster puppet) with a somewhat confusing plot. But I wouldn't really call it "Bad." The LSD trip scene with Vincent Price screaming "THE WALLS! THE WALLS!" and trying to jump out a window is amazing.

i know u just did a JCVD movie but at some stage you have to watch one of his earliest ones.

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER

bruce lee comes back from the grave to train a guy so that he can get revenge on an evil JCVD.

its got

bad acting

over-acting

under-acting

its completely insane!

Has anyone gone through the Hulu movie section ? It's like it was made for this podcast. Forgot about most of the films in there.

1) The Peanut Butter Solution. I might be too hopeful, but I think this one might happen some day.

2) The Star Wars Holiday Special. This Christmas if possible.

3) Troll 2. I know they said they didn't want to do this one, but I would still love it. Yeah, other people have done it, but all of those people have unique sensibilities and points of view. Besides, just bring the little kid turned documentarian on the show.

4) The Wizard

5) The Story of Ricky

I cannot believe more people have not suggested the Peanut Butter Solution. A co-worker and I spent a good five minutes reliving this shared nightmare and then realizing...holy sh*t this WAS a movie. Then we spent the next 15 minutes searching for the trailer online and watching it repeatedly.

3 - The Labyrinth: If its too soon its too soon, but I love this movie for all its amazing craziness.

How can you .Labyrinth in a classic.Bowie's Goblin King is a icon.

• Like 1

This is mostly going to be movies from my youth.

#5. Basically almost any Friday the 13, particularly between 4-X (Part VIII has the best trailer.)

#4. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace - This aired on TV way too often.

#3. Caddyshack 2 - With Mannequin 2 done, this other recurring favourite from my childhood needs to get done.

#2. The Ewok Adventure: Caravan of Courage - I loved this movie as a kid. Please do it (and the Battle for Endor, which has Wilford Brimley).

#1. The Peanut Butter Solution - A kid goes into a ghost house, ghosts scare the hair off him, the ghosts tell him a secret hair growth formula, the hair won't stop growing... and then things get crazy.

Y'all aren't gonna cover 5 movies if I put them up. I would much rather cultivate single movies that deserve to stand alone as a suggestion. I have one such suggestion. 'The Last Heist.' It's a movie on Netflix in which they take half of a heist movie (and I mean literally half, only the day of the heist is in the movie with no character building or dialogue to round anybody out) and the other half is a horror gore movie starring Henry Rollins as a vaguely religious serial killer who doesnt want to be there. Smashed together, they make for a confusing ride. Oh and best of all, there's a tweedle Dee and tweedle dumbass. It's a movie that truly begs the question, how in the hell did this get made!?!?! The villain changes 4 times! For your consideration. Thank you for the amazing podcast and congrats on the new baby!! The new HDTGM is always the first thing I listen to before all the other weekly podcasts. Y'all are simply the best!

I am adding these

Show girls - one or two

Jerry, I don't know if you missed it, but Paul said Showgirls is happening after the break. It might be their first one when they get back. It was a few episodes ago, I can't remember if it was a mini or not.

I am super excited for it!

• Like 1

Jerry, I don't know if you missed it, but Paul said Showgirls is happening after the break. It might be their first one when they get back. It was a few episodes ago, I can't remember if it was a mini or not.

I am super excited for it!

I'll believe that when I see that, Cameron H. and i started a thread about movies that paul has said they should do a show about yet they never happened. here is the link now. I can't edit it now thanks earwolf...we need to keep this list updated...

• Like 1

1. Werewolf: The Beast Among Us

2.Wild Things (as a Showgirls alternative)

3. Momie Dearest

4.Highlander II: The Quickening

5.Fifty Shades of Grey (although this might be to boring to even make fun off)

3 Ninjas

Baby Geniuses

National Security

Good Luck Chuck

Get A Clue (Disney Channel Lindsay Lohan vehicle)

• Like 1

In honor of resetting my password and unlocking my account, I am bumping this thread I made like 6 years ago.  Unfortunately, none of my original 5 movies have been done yet.

League of Extraordinary Gentleman is like my own Dorian Grey painting, because until HDTGM does it, I cannot die

• Like 1

My top choice would be The Meateater (1979).  It's way too obscure and low-budget to be on here, but it's my favorite horrible movie. A horribly acted horror film from the 1970s that only got its title because the producers ran out of money and got some funding from some pork/meat company (the second half of the movie has irrelevant "eat meat" propaganda in it). Can be found on the youtube.Meateater3-1.thumb.jpg.8b1200a7fc60ab39d5337eee44f086c7.jpg

Rounding out my Top 5:

The FP (2011)

Frankenhooker (1990)

The Peanut Butter Solution (1985)

Society (1989)

Hmm got harder to narrow it down to five than I expected after I read the thread. Pleasantly surprised at how many movies on this list have been done, even ones that were onlky suggested a few weeks ago.

1. Baby Geniuses- Probably the worst movie I've ever seen. Imagine if the Look Who's Talking movies had 10x the ambition and 1/3 their already small budget. I'm still wondering how the sequel got made.

2. Heckler- Jamie Kennedy made this full-length documentary that's basically him crying that no one liked Son of the Mask, and that it was all the fault of the critics, who are all bitter about their own careers or something. It's central thesis seems to hinge on the idea that because opinions are subjective, then there's no such thing as a bad movie, and all negative reviews are just mean, especially ones that have any humor to them. But the real appeal is how so much of it is an all-star list of bad movies (and the people who made them), many of which have been featured on this show, and how they are held up as poor, bullied sensitive artists and not people who put garbage out there. Joel Schumacher is on and is flabbergasted that anyone would have any expectations for "a comic book movie." Uwie Boll is on and held up as a hero. Also, doing a movie about harsh movie criticism on this podcast would be soooo ridiculously meta. I did a full IMDB review of the movie here. Of course we should do Son of the Mask first.

3. 3 Ninjas- Probably the first one that I loved as a child that needs to be done by the podcast. Little kids beating the hell out of adults with their second-grade ninja skills. The same kids have somehow installed an alarm in their hallway without their parents noticing to give them a heads-up when their parents come in to make sure they're asleep, so that they can stop playing the beginning of the first level of Super Mario Brothers with the most excitement you've ever seen.

4. Any of the Ewok Adventure films. Haven't seen them, but I remember reading a Disney Adventures magazine article where even they thought the main kid was "too cute for us." Plus anything that gets compared to the Holiday Special needs to be given a look-see.

5. Cats- Needs to be done, but I fully expect it to be done within the next month.

Honorable Mentions:

Oogieloves and the Big Balloon Adventure- Move this one up as soon as they do Cats. The guy who did the marketing for the Tellitubbies when then first came to the US apparently decided that he was the real reason behind their success or something and decided to go off on his own and make his own preschool-aged franchise. One that would start with a theatrical film. So a franchise that no one would recognize aimed at kids too young to develop an interest from a TV spot or something. It starts with encouraging tiny tots to get out of their seats and dance around and such right there in the theater. You know, in a dark place with other people and seats around that's intentionally crammed everything together. Awesome write-up of it here. Put it down here because I felt my main list was too kid-movie-heavy.

Manos: The Hands of Fate- Only down here because the podcast tries to avoid doing movies that MST3K has already done, and the only exceptions have been on accident. Would love to see them do it anyway. A lot of their most bonkers movies are ones made by people with no film experience whatsoever, and this is the perfect example.

On 3/21/2016 at 2:08 PM, Smigg said:

Mortal Kombat Annihilation - I've been waiting too long for this, quite frankly, if I don't get it soon, I'm gonna start powerbombing people over it, not even punching people, pro-wrestling moves all the way.

Ready to Rumble - A film about pro-wrestling which had actual consequences. The star, David Arquette, ended up winning the World Title in 'real life', against his will I hasten to add (They literally said, 'You're in a movie which we funded, so you better take this belt'), which sped up the process of WCW going out of business.

9452954787_9dcdfe16b1_o.png

all%20saints.jpg

Full English Breakfast - Okay, take 'The Room', and replace Tommy Wiseau with British plastic gangster, Dave Courtney

article-2592170-003E7FFF00000258-323_634x482.jpg

Now, replace the hilariously bad story, with what essentially amounts to "British Gangsters vs. The Taliban". It is actually WORSE than The Room, imagine the fun you had watching how bad the Room is, remove it. I can honestly see Jason losing his mind to him pulling chunks of beard out and eating it.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation - I just really want them to do this movie.

Honourable Mention - Battle of the Year.

What kind of idiot wins the world wrestling championship against their will?? If they did that to me, not only would I gratefully accept, I'd defend my goddamn title.