🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Snake

Top 5 movies for you personnally that they have not done yet

1. Space Jam. Read the plot on Wikipedia and imagine someone pitching it to you.

2. Prometheus

3. Son of the Mask

5. The Happening (last, since it'll never happen)

Miami Connection — Just re-watched this last weekend. This movie is nonstop amazing!

The Pink Panther (the new one) — Perhaps too joyless for the show, but I think the Jason Statham cameo alone makes it doable.

Southland Tales — 145 minutes of Richard Kelly burning through all the goodwill he acquired from Donnie Darko. I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but Southland Tales really deserves it.

Bad Lieutenant — Nic Cage at his best!

The Happening — It's too bad it will never get on the show. I had wanted to bust out that old Ron Paul .gif so badly. Meh whatever here it is.

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Southland Tales — 145 minutes of Richard Kelly burning through all the goodwill he acquired from Donnie Darko. I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but Southland Tales really deserves it.

Okay, 7/10 internet commentators(?) agree, How The FUCK Did This Get Made? Seriously, what's the holdup on this one?

Bad Lieutenant: Port of: Call: New: Or:lean:s::

Anyone who suggests this movie is not allowed in my bouncy castle. (I have a bouncy castle in my backyard*).

12/10 genius, as expected from Herzog and The Cage. It is exactly as crazy as it was intended to be.

Which reminds me, I need to subject myself to Jack Reacher at some point, because Herzog.

*Disclaimer: I may or may not have a bouncy castle in my backyard.

• Like 1

Bad Lieutenant: Port of: Call: New: Or:lean:s::

Anyone who suggests this movie is not allowed in my bouncy castle. (I have a bouncy castle in my backyard*).

12/10 genius, as expected from Herzog and The Cage. It is exactly as crazy as it was intended to be.

Which reminds me, I need to subject myself to Jack Reacher at some point, because Herzog.

*Disclaimer: I may or may not have a bouncy castle in my backyard.

Is it worth the view? I'm actually shocked that Cage could produce something good. Of course, I'm of the generation whose first experience with Nicolas Cage is National Treasure. I know him as crap-master, not Oscar-winning crap-master

I'm of the generation whose first experience with Nicolas Cage is National Treasure.

Jeez, that's such a depressing thought. My first experience with him was Peggy Sue Got Married.

• Like 3

I just want to point out that once during an testing day, my High School's Administration showed non-testers National Treasure 2. This is what our education system is trying to convince us is entertainment.

• Like 1

Just a few off the top of my head

1. LXG. Gotta agree with the OP, but please don't go calling it The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and confuse it with the Alan Moore series.

2. The Avengers. Not the good Avengers, but the boring piece of crap with Ray Fiennes, Uma Thurman, and Connery from the 90s. It's a boring movie sure, but a lot of insane crap does occur during the movie.

3. The Lost World Jurassic Park, or better yet Jurassic Park III. A lot of people seem to forget how crazy Jurassic Park III was because it was mostly forgotten after The Lost World, but a ton of stupid shit happens during JPIII that enraged me both as a fan of dinosaurs and Jurassic Park. Might as well save it for when Jurassic Park IV comes out, but it does deserve the treatment.

4. Paranoia. Not going to bother seeing this garbage, but with one positive review out of 52 (and climbing) this one is even worse than Abduction. I always love when they kill current movies, especially the ones no one in their right mind would ever seeing.

5. Piranha 3D. Posted previously about it, but I think it should be in the same class as Crank, Punisher War Zone, and the Fast Movies. It's a pretty excellent Jaws knockoff, with a ton of crazy characters and events that occur during the movie.

Oh and of course anything with Nic Cage! Did anyone ever watch Sonny, the movie he directed a few years back? Maybe that would work, if it's as crazily bad as one might expect. Although on that note I did watch The House of D directed by David Duchovny, and that movie is flat out crazy bad. Sort of boring though, but it could work as well.

Edited by trackercowe

Is it worth the view? I'm actually shocked that Cage could produce something good. Of course, I'm of the generation whose first experience with Nicolas Cage is National Treasure. I know him as crap-master, not Oscar-winning crap-master

Whoa, that makes me feel like a senior citizen. Did you know that Arnold Schwarzenegger was a movie star before he was a governor?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just want to point out that once during an testing day, my High School's Administration showed non-testers National Treasure 2. This is what our education system is trying to convince us is entertainment.

Are you sure that wasn't some kind of psychological warfare designed to punish the students for not taking the test?

• Like 1

Whoa, that makes me feel like a senior citizen. Did you know that Arnold Schwarzenegger was a movie star before he was a governor?

I knew it just because people told me, not from seeing him in any movies. I was 8 years old when he was elected!

Are you sure that wasn't some kind of psychological warfare designed to punish the students for not taking the test?

This was so they could keep the Junior Class holed up in the auditorium so they couldn't run the bell system while Seniors got a day off and Sophomores and Freshmen took their state test, which when I think about it, sounds like the setup for a great 80's Comedy.

1) Prometheus

2) The Garbage Pail Kids Movie

3) Clifford

4) The Butterfly Effect

5) The Wizard

And thanks, Snake Lee, this thread is a lot of fun.

• Like 2

4) The Butterfly Effect

It's pretty decent and does have a few "what the fuck" moments, but part 3 is much more insane. Basically this guy's fiances keep dying so he keeps travelling through time to figure out who is killing them. In the end it turns out it was his sister who is in love with him.

It's pretty decent and does have a few "what the fuck" moments, but part 3 is much more insane. Basically this guy's fiances keep dying so he keeps travelling through time to figure out who is killing them. In the end it turns out it was his sister who is in love with him.

Surely they mean the butterfly effect 2...

It's pretty decent and does have a few "what the fuck" moments, but part 3 is much more insane.

This hits at the core of what I feel is a major difference of opinion as to what makes a great HDTGM film. For me, it's the films that are both genuinely enjoyable and simultaneously quite shitty/crazy that deserve the most attention on the show. Stuff like Fast 5 and 6, The Devil's Advocate, and Prometheus. Whereas the movies that are just overwhelmingly stupid and insane in all facets, like Sharknado and The Butterfly Effect sequels, don't really do it for me.

Although I am also desperate for The Garbage Pail Kids Movie to be chosen soon, which is most certainly an overwhelmingly insane and terrible film.

• Like 1

Can I change my list? I would like to replace "The Happening" with "Pretty much anything with Dane Cook."

Can I change my list? I would like to replace "The Happening" with "Pretty much anything with Dane Cook."

Have you seen Dreamcatcher? (we need more votes for that)

Have you seen Dreamcatcher? (we need more votes for that)

Where can I find it? Is it on Netflix Instant?

Only available on DVD, unfortunately.

I too want to amend my list and add Clifford for Men At Work.

• Like 1

This was so they could keep the Junior Class holed up in the auditorium so they couldn't run the bell system while Seniors got a day off and Sophomores and Freshmen took their state test, which when I think about it, sounds like the setup for a great 80's Comedy.

I'm pretty sure your memory is fucked up and this is a Saved By The Bell episode.

[butterfly Effect]... but part 3 is much more insane.

There were sequels to that movie? TWO SEQUELS?

Although I am also desperate for The Garbage Pail Kids Movie to be chosen soon, which is most certainly an overwhelmingly insane and terrible film.

Yeah, it had been brought up so much here that I legally purchased it a few weeks ago and attempted to watch it. It's so disgusting that it's hard to even pay attention; the makeup/fx on the Garbage Pail Kids is so crazy and distracting. I collected those cards as a kid (series two, hollah) but such a bizarre choice for a movie. Did you watch Nothing But Trouble? Remember the penis nose scene? Imagine that, but for 90 minutes. That's how much of a shower you'll need after watching Garbage Pail Kids.

• Like 2

ON DVD as said. It hits that sweet spot of being entertaining, "bad", and well-made. A lot of bad movies fall into the boring category, or just plain annoying/mediocre. This is the movie that most bad movies consider themselves to be. This is the perfect movie that simply has to be done on HDTGM.

I too want to amend my list and add Clifford for Men At Work.

Clifford falls under so bad it's bad but remains somewhat watchable.

• Like 1

Only available on DVD, unfortunately.

It's on Amazon Prime, which is $80 for the year and you get a free month of it. Plus, all your Amazon purchases ship for free and you get them within two days. It's pretty sweet. You should check out this other site called CanIStream.it where you can look up if a movie is streaming and where you can find it. It has basically everything but HBO Go.

Dreamcatchers is absolutely off the rails. I just rewatched it with my girlfriend the other night and I had forgotten just how truly mistifying it is. I don't even get why they had the army subplot to begin with, it has literally no effect on the story. I don't even know where to start with that one, but it would be so perfect.

Clifford falls under so bad it's bad but remains somewhat watchable.

Nope. You are wrong good sir/ma'am. This movie is actually funny. Martin Short's comedic timing and insanity shines throughout. Add in Charles Grodin's descent into utter madness, you have yourself a weird, quirky , black comedy.

If something is so bad it's bad, why would it remain watchable?

I think you should because it's not gonna happen. LOL

snapback.pngQuarky, on 17 August 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

[butterfly Effect]... but part 3 is much more insane.

There were sequels to that movie? TWO SEQUELS?

I knew there were two but I think I missed the third. I loved the first one so I am going to pass on seeing any of the third.