🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Snake

Top 5 movies for you personnally that they have not done yet

Great topic!

Well, I'm happy the gang chose one of my picks a long time ago (Godzilla), I'm sure I can list 5 that I could recommend:

1. ON DEADLY GROUND

Zen master Steven Seagal gives us his fucking tour d' force speech about dangers of oil pollution. It's your typical Seagal action flick but with bad guy Michael Caine with what looks like painted on hair. Truly an awesomely bad film.

2. THE BROWN BUNNY

Aside from Chloe Sevigny blowing Vincent Gallo onscreen, the premise of the film goes out the window. I'd love to hear Jason go apeshit on this one.

3. ANY KATE HUDSON FILM THAT'S NOT "ALMOST FAMOUS"

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, My Best Friend's Girl, Bride Wars, Something Borrowed, Fool's Gold.... pick one. She's the queen of shit romcoms.

4. ANY ADAM SANDLER FILM

Again, pick one... okay, aside from Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore.

5. DOOGAL

I'll let the trailer speak what I can't type...

Chevy Chase, Whoopi Goldberg, Jimmy Fallon, Bill Hader, Jon Stewart....uh, yeah. Let's start that voice casting

Mortal Kombat Annihilation - I watched this movie in great anticipation when it first came out. I was young and naive. So bad, but definitely a funny movie to look back on.

Con Air - Still haven't seen this one. I've been looking for it in DVD stores, On Demand and cannot find it anywhere.

I hear its great!

1. Point Break - can't believe you haven't done this one yet. A true classic.

2. Predator - "Get to the choppaaaa!!!"

3. Rambo (First Blood Part 2) - Rambo literally hides in a wall made of mud. So awesome.

4. Under Siege - Or any Steven Seagal movie for that matter, but this one's my personal favorite. On a related note, I worked for big Steve a couple of years ago. Seriously. He is a character.

5. The Island - Michael Bay at his best...or worst depending on how you look at it. And ScarJo and Ewan selling out to the fullest.

2. THE BROWN BUNNY

Aside from Chloe Sevigny blowing Vincent Gallo onscreen, the premise of the film goes out the window. I'd love to hear Jason go apeshit on this one.

Okay, now Vincent Gallo is a guy I hate almost as much as Lars Von Trier as an actual person and as an artist, but he truly makes art/Art/"ART"/@rt. I can't tell if his persona is a put-on or what, but he is very smart, very interesting, and there is stuff going on there. A lot of people only know him from Buffalo '66 onward, but he was around in the New York scene back in the late 70s and early 80s, making music and films with Basquiat and creating. His music is suprisingly fragile and artful. The man can act, for real. His performance in Claire Denis'

is one of my favorite things in one of the most beautiful movies of all time. I think I despise him as a man, but he is capable of simple, pure, creative work that -- in my heart -- is the equal of E. E. Cummings.

The defense rests.

Con Air - Still haven't seen this one. I've been looking for it in DVD stores, On Demand and cannot find it anywhere.

I hear its great!

Con Air is bad the same way Fast 5 is bad.

• Like 1

Okay, now Vincent Gallo is a guy I hate almost as much as Lars Von Trier as an actual person and as an artist, but he truly makes art/Art/"ART"/@rt. I can't tell if his persona is a put-on or what, but he is very smart, very interesting, and there is stuff going on there. A lot of people only know him from Buffalo '66 onward, but he was around in the New York scene back in the late 70s and early 80s, making music and films with Basquiat and creating. His music is suprisingly fragile and artful. The man can act, for real. His performance in Claire Denis'

is one of my favorite things in one of the most beautiful movies of all time. I think I despise him as a man, but he is capable of simple, pure, creative work that -- in my heart -- is the equal of E. E. Cummings.

The defense rests.

I was never really a fan of the guy, but I saw him pop up on one of those VH-1 clip shows or like a multi-part history of hip-hop documentary series they were doing or something, which i thought was weird, but he actually had a lot of interesting insight and was pretty funny and entertaining.

Con Air is bad the same way Fast 5 is bad.

True, but it would be interesting to hear their take on a Nic Cage movie they actually liked for once.

I definitely lean towards cheesy "so bad they're good" 80's action movies

Miami Connection

Gymkata

Samurai Cop

Get Even

Hard Ticket To Hawaii

I know that even though all of these have cult followings to some extent they probably won't be done because they're so obscure. But it's my dream wishlist. Miami Connection if nothing else NEEDS to be done. If they can do Birdemic and The Room and Sharknado, then certainly Miami Connection is not too obscure, and it's on Netflix.

One down! Four to go! Yay!

• Like 3

This is a great topic.

My list goes as follows:

1) War of the Roses -- I genuinely love this movie but it is strange that a movie was made where a married couple basically tries to maim and kill each other for 2/3 of the screen time. My favorite part -- when Micheal "pussy gives you mouth cancer" Douglas tries to beat Cybil Shepard to the driveway and she ends up using her off-road vehicle to drive right over him.

2) Double Impact -- another great JCVD movie and I would say, the most JCVD out of all of his movies. This is when he is at the height of his powers, so all of his ideas are getting privileged over others. It is the best action movie -- fights, boobs, and explosions.

3) Van Helsing -- this movie is one that I do not care for at all. One of the rare times when I'm watching a movie and could not give two shits about what is going on.

4) Little Man -- oh boy, well this just missed the mark all around. I like Marlon and Shawn Wayans, but this is some shit you know Keenan and Damon clown them about at family barbeques.

5) Any Katheryn Heigel movie besides Knocked Up. Like, that was a pretty good movie she was in, and then it was rom-com hell; she has yet to escape.

Great topic!

Well, I'm happy the gang chose one of my picks a long time ago (Godzilla), I'm sure I can list 5 that I could recommend:

1. ON DEADLY GROUND

Zen master Steven Seagal gives us his fucking tour d' force speech about dangers of oil pollution. It's your typical Seagal action flick but with bad guy Michael Caine with what looks like painted on hair. Truly an awesomely bad film.

2. THE BROWN BUNNY

3. ANY KATE HUDSON FILM THAT'S NOT "ALMOST FAMOUS"

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, My Best Friend's Girl, Bride Wars, Something Borrowed, Fool's Gold.... pick one. She's the queen of shit romcoms.

4. ANY ADAM SANDLER FILM

Again, pick one... okay, aside from Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore.

5. DOOGAL

Chevy Chase, Whoopi Goldberg, Jimmy Fallon, Bill Hader, Jon Stewart....uh, yeah. Let's start that voice casting

Kate Hudson and Katheryn Heigel are like the same person to me, because they start in the same movie over and over again. I suspect that they will undergo tremendous plastic surgery when their looks start to fade because the entirety of their film careers has been based on the audience wanting to see two attractive people get together. No one wants to see a plastic-looking 45-year-old in a rom-com.

It's pretty decent and does have a few "what the fuck" moments, but part 3 is much more insane. Basically this guy's fiances keep dying so he keeps travelling through time to figure out who is killing them. In the end it turns out it was his sister who is in love with him.

LOL.

One down! Four to go! Yay!

It's a good choice, I hope they mention how completely off his voice is.

The full movie is here:

I also hope they mention this one moment it's very brief:

An extra accidentally gets hit by a horse (look to the right side)

Tango & Cash - I know, I know, we had a bunch of Stallone movies recently but I think that this one is corny, fun and ridiculous and deserves to be made.

Kazaam/Steel - Shaq.

Tyler Perry's Temptation - I just want to hear their take on a Tyler Perry movie

No Holds Barred - I watched this a couple of weeks ago and do not want it to be in vain.

Junior - It's their logo!

Which reminds me, I need to subject myself to Jack Reacher at some point, because Herzog.

Don't expect much. It's like someone thought that the problem with James Bond movies is that they lack tense legal drama, so they decided to rectify that.

Is it worth the view? I'm actually shocked that Cage could produce something good. Of course, I'm of the generation whose first experience with Nicolas Cage is National Treasure. I know him as crap-master, not Oscar-winning crap-master

I would argue that about every 5th Nic Cage movie is good. In the past decade he has been in Kick Ass, Bad Lieutenant, Lord of War and Matchstick Men, which were all good movies. Just beyond the decade horizon though he made Adaptation, which is IMO a masterpiece.

5. DOOGAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4y9_Zv09zE

Hah, I remember sick at home from work one day and catching this and it felt like the script was composed entirely of pop culture references.

The defense rests.

I like to think that he is doing what Andy Kaufman did for most of his career, if I found out he was serious I would be let down. He is a brilliant troll IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAuO7oUkluc

2) Double Impact -- another great JCVD movie and I would say, the most JCVD out of all of his movies. This is when he is at the height of his powers, so all of his ideas are getting privileged over others. It is the best action movie -- fights, boobs, and explosions.

I love how this movie is about two twins separated at birth and raised very differently, but when they both discover each other, they're so casual about it. YOU HAVE A FUCKING TWIN BROTHER, YOUR MIND SHOULD BE BLOWN!!!

• Like 1

I love how this movie is about two twins separated at birth and raised very differently, but when they both discover each other, they're so casual about it. YOU HAVE A FUCKING TWIN BROTHER, YOUR MIND SHOULD BE BLOWN!!!

They are raised differently, but they both are excellent karate practitioners. I think the best part about this movie is the main bad guy's right-hand henchman is a female bodybuilder, so because they didn't want to have JCVD beat up on women, the love interest -- who is a scrawny blonde chick -- gets to beat this bodybuilder. Even as a little kid, I was like, "the strong lady should be whupping her ass."

• Like 1

I like to think that he is doing what Andy Kaufman did for most of his career, if I found out he was serious I would be let down. He is a brilliant troll IMO.

He's definitely trying to push buttons but I do honestly believe he's serious about what he does. Some people are capable of being an egomaniac, asshole, and an amazing artist all at the same time.

At some point in this Howard Stern interview from 2004 -- I wish you could see the video -- he actually takes this crumpled piece of paper out of his wallet on which he keeps a running list of people he has vendettas against, that he's keeping for several years. And the most recent addition was Roger Ebert, whom Gallo cursed with cancer, which Ebert subsequently got. It became kind of a joke between them, though, and they made up and were friendly, later.

He's definitely trying to push buttons but I do honestly believe he's serious about what he does. Some people are capable of being an egomaniac, asshole, and an amazing artist all at the same time.

At some point in this Howard Stern interview from 2004 -- I wish you could see the video -- he actually takes this crumpled piece of paper out of his wallet on which he keeps a running list of people he has vendettas against, that he's keeping for several years. And the most recent addition was Roger Ebert, whom Gallo cursed with cancer, which Ebert subsequently got. It became kind of a joke between them, though, and they made up and were friendly, later.

Ebert's response to that is still one of my favorite burns in history: "although I am fat, one day I will be thin, but Mr. Gallo will still have been the director of The Brown Bunny"

• Like 3

Ebert's response to that is still one of my favorite burns in history: "although I am fat, one day I will be thin, but Mr. Gallo will still have been the director of The Brown Bunny"

Which is an obvious riff on the infamous line attributed to Churchill -- he was at a dinner with a lady who called him a drunk, to which he is said to have replied "And you, ma'am, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning, and you will still be ugly."

• Like 2

Is Vincent Gallo a conservative? In the video on the thread he keeps going on about left-wing politics, special interest groups, and compares being against the death penalty to communism.

Is Vincent Gallo a conservative? In the video on the thread he keeps going on about left-wing politics, special interest groups, and compares being against the death penalty to communism.

I've seen listed as a Hollywood conservative. His wikipedia states:

"Gallo is a supporter of the Republican Party, and has been seen at a New York fashion show with George W. Bush's daughters Barbara and Jenna.[18] He has stated that his fantasy is "becoming more like the stereotype of the Republican Party."[19] He also wishes to look "more like [American conservative journalist] George Will."[19] In his own words, Gallo "considered himself a radical, always, but an extremely conservative radical."[20]"

This is why I think he's trolling (and doing a wonderful job of trolling both sides).

Which is an obvious riff on the infamous line attributed to Churchill -- he was at a dinner with a lady who called him a drunk, to which he is said to have replied "And you, ma'am, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning, and you will still be ugly."

Churchill bringing the burns!