๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Furious 7

I'm preemptively starting this thread because we all know this is going to be done the week it comes out in theaters next year. Not only is this going to have Jason Statham in it as the villain, but also Kurt Russel in a part that is supposed to play a major role in Fast 8. Also, that role was originally offered to Denzel Washington which only makes the mind race (pun intended) about how that movie would play out with the two time Oscar winner acting opposite Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. That would have LITERALLY be this decades version of the batshit insane face off of actors on different ends of the spectrum similar to when Max Von Sydow had a death scene while talking to Sly Stallone and Rob Schnieder in Judge Dredd.

ย 

And maybe more importantly is the choice to have James Wan as the director of this movie. Seeing as he's almost exclusively directed horror movies (Death Sentence was the lone exception) it will be interesting to see how he follows up the success that the sixth movie was. I also want to see how he incorporates a saw motif into the movie as that has become his signature. Since I'm sure there will be a scene in Tokyo to follow up the ending of Tokyo Drift, I wouldn't be surprised to see a van designed to look like Billy the Puppet from Saw, similar how Bow Wow had a van that looked like the Incredible Hulk.

Plus we get to see the role Jason auditioned for but didn't end up getting (he said it went to an actual middle-eastern actor).

I honestly think the HDTGM universe would have imploded if he got the part. Plus, if Crank 3 ever comes out, what kind of tragedy would it be if the Paul, June, and Jason, didn't get a role in it?

I also want to see how he incorporates a saw motif into the movie as that has become his signature. Since I'm sure there will be a scene in Tokyo to follow up the ending of Tokyo Drift, I wouldn't be surprised to see a van designed to look like Billy the Puppet from Saw, similar how Bow Wow had a van that looked like the Incredible Hulk.

Well, the "Saw" and "Fast" franchises both don't seem to understand how time works at all, so he'll be right at home with that. Remember when Vin said "I only live my life a quarter mile at a time" and then it somehow took them like 5 minutes of screen time to go that distance? Same goes with the traps in the "Saw" movies, where you could often take a nap or die of old age before the time ran out on some of those traps.

I'm preemptively starting this thread because we all know this is going to be done the week it comes out in theaters next year.

ย 

little soon isn't it, have they even shot any of this movie yet?

Yeah there are shots from the set, mainly on whatever character Russel is playing.

Will this one require a HDTGM? I mean, it hasn't even been made yet, but I think we all know exactly how this is going to go down. There will only be cars in the most incidental fashion. It will play out like an 'ocean's' film with a collective of characters assigned certain stereotypes that they barely fulfill beyond being explicitly identified as that archetype. A muddled and nonsensical heist story with a revenge arc somehow shoved obnoxiously in there. A 'twist' of the lowest sort and a character resurrection/retcon.

Will this one require a HDTGM? I mean, it hasn't even been made yet, but I think we all know exactly how this is going to go down. There will only be cars in the most incidental fashion. It will play out like an 'ocean's' film with a collective of characters assigned certain stereotypes that they barely fulfill beyond being explicitly identified as that archetype. A muddled and nonsensical heist story with a revenge arc somehow shoved obnoxiously in there. A 'twist' of the lowest sort and a character resurrection/retcon.

ย 

Since they've done episodes on both 5 & 6 (and clearly love them) I'd say it will likely get an episode.

ย 

Since they've done episodes on both 5 & 6 (and clearly love them) I'd say it will likely get an episode.

Like the rest of us, I'm sure they're just waiting to see if Vin and the Rock finally fuck. The sexual tension between those two is stronger than any of the chemistry between anyone and any of those cardboard cutout female "characters".

• Like 2

I think it would just look like this.

ย 

• Like 2

I haven't seen 6 yet, but I picked up on 5 that it was an Oceans 11 ripoff (which was actually a good idea since it gave the movie something of a plot) so I was trying to figure out what other movies they should rip off. For F&F 7 I kind of hope it's Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven. In it Diesel, Walker and the rest of the family find themselves in a small town in Brazil that is overrun by car thieves and the villagers beg Diesel and company to help drive away the thieves.

• Like 1

I would get them to watch Tokyo Drift before 7 comes out. None of them have seen it and it may contain things important for 7 seeing if you do it right order that would be next

I just watched Tokyo Drift yesterday...personally I think it has both the worst and least plot of any of the "Fasts" (I've not seen the 2nd though), and the only character worth anything was Han. Overall, it was actually pretty boring*.

ย 

ย 

Probably the only insight watching it would give into 7 is if they really want to know where the stupid white redneck came from, but it'll probably be explained as much as it needs to anyway when they meet in 7 since he'll be new to the characters too.

ย 

*just my opinion

I agree that TD was the worst of the series, which is saying something about a series that hasn't really been good except for the last two movies.

The seventh Fast and Furious movie A.K.A. Furious 7 comes out tomorrow, I, obviously, will be at the theater come 12:01 and I'm sure, once their schedules allow, the gang plus Adam Scott will hit theaters too to celebrate the last time the full famiglia will ever get furious...rest in peace Paul Walker. This isn't so much a recommendation since it's so obvious, I just wanted to share my honest excitement.

ย 

Also, and it's been said before (but over two years ago), 'Predators' should really happen. Mantzoukas said it when they did Fast 5, and it needs to happen. Danny Trejo dies in the first ten minutes. Laurence Fishburne makes a surprise appearance as an insane black Colonel Kurtz, Topher Grace spends the whole movie whining and then tries to murder everyone, and hey, Walton Goggins was in it?? What? Oh and a Japanese gangster kills a predator with a samurai sword. Spoilers. DO this movie. For the good of us all.

• Like 1

It actually starts showing at 7 pm. I manage a theater, and it seems that midnight shows have pretty much been eliminated by the studios in favor of running regular nighttime shows on Thursdays. In fact, we have to do them for everything now, whether it's THAT kind of movie or not. It's bullshit, because we now have to shuffle things around for Thursdays only to have to do it again for Friday. It works out better for us though payroll-wise, and it's nice to not have to be there until 3 am.

• Like 2

I just saw "Furious 7" ( They premiered it yesterday 03/01/2015 down here in Venezuela ) and I have to hand it down to every single person involved in the making of the film with a very special mention to director James Wan who did his absolute best to reach, and sometimes surpass, what we have seen in parts 5 and 6 of the franchise... It's mind-blowing how James, who is known for many of his horror movies, fits so well in the "Fast and Furious" action genre and also brings his own vision and style to the action set pieces...

ย 

I will be posting more about this movie after you guys and girls get a chance to see it... For now all I can say that I enjoyed it a lot and I suggest you don't miss it if you liked the previous instalments, you will get your money's worth!

If they keep improving the series like this, Fast 10 will be The Seventh Seal with car chases

• Like 2

I just saw "Furious 7" ( They premiered it yesterday 03/01/2015 down here in Venezuela ) and I have to hand it down to every single person involved in the making of the film with a very special mention to director James Wan who did his absolute best to reach, and sometimes surpass, what we have seen in parts 5 and 6 of the franchise... It's mind-blowing how James, who is known for many of his horror movies, fits so well in the "Fast and Furious" action genre and also brings his own vision and style to the action set pieces...

ย 

I will be posting more about this movie after you guys and girls get a chance to see it... For now all I can say that I enjoyed it a lot and I suggest you don't miss it if you liked the previous instalments, you will get your money's worth!

It's amazing how far he's come from what may be one of the worst (and I'm being generous with this term) "car chases" ever put on film in the original "Saw". It's hilarious if you haven't seen it.

• Like 1

It's amazing how far he's come from what may be one of the worst (and I'm being generous with this term) "car chases" ever put on film in the original "Saw". It's hilarious if you haven't seen it.

ย 

I love the original "Saw" movie. only because it had Michael Emerson in it and he was amazing. I never wanted to watch any of the other sequels afterwords bacause I didn't want to be let down. I have no idea if they are any good but such an amazing cast of actors in the original one why need more.

I was stunned by just how good this one was! I don't know how they've kept topping each film since Fast Five. A movie with a title ending in 7 shouldn't be this good!

ย 

My only complaint - not enough of The Rock!

• Like 1

Having just seen this one I liked it but I felt it was lacking something from the previous movie in an in-your-face villain. Statham seemed great for the Shaw role, especially after that amazing opening in the hospital, but he was sort of a secondary character to the God's Eye and the Djimon Hounsou seemed sort of just thrown in rather than have it just be Shaw. Also, the whole thing with Paul Walker leaves me confused as I felt the character should have died and been the pushing point for Dom to go even harder at Shaw, because how it left it leaves too many loose ends that can't be tied up due to Walker's death.

ย 

I loved Kurt Russel's character and with what Diesel has been saying it seems like there will be more of him in the sequels and is it me or is it incredibly hard to kill anyone but good guys in these movies as it is shown what people are living through despite the same thing happening to our protagonists but they die, Giselle being a prime example.

• Like 1

A Must Watch Hilarious Recap of the first 6 "Fast & Furious" movies... (some spoilers for those movies and trailer spoilers from "Furious 7")

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKDfv3Bf2Y4

Sign in to follow this