🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 77.5 — Minisode 77.5

Next week we will travel back to a time where Britney Spears was not a girl, not yet a woman by watching 2002’s Crossroads. Paul reads some of your amazing Nundercover ideas, goes through some Corrections & Omissions for last week’s movie Hudson Hawk, and lays down the law regarding hugs while answering your Qs. Don’t forget that the movies for the 2 LIVE at Largo shows (December 13th) are Deck The Halls (early show) and Jack Frost (late show)! Also, be sure to get tickets for Paul’s Christmas Spectacular at Largo in Los Angeles on December 12th!

Yeah! Crossroads!

You guys should talk to Seth from the Uhh Yeah Dude podcast. He has a small role in that movie:

• Like 3

You guys should talk to Seth from the Uhh Yeah Dude podcast. He has a small role in that movie:

You beat me to it! I would lose my mind if these two podcast worlds came together. At the very least, Seth could talk about the staggering royalty amounts of mailbox money that this film has generated for him throughout the years.

• Like 1

The audio from the trailer makes it sound like it'd be "Annoying Sorority Bitches Trying to Sing Along to the Radio Like Britney Spears: The Movie", starring Britney Spears. So, who was Anson Mount a decade ago? I'd never heard of the guy until "Hell on Wheels", which he's pretty great on, and I'm pretty certain I haven't seen anything else he's been in even though he's worked pretty steadily for a long time.

• Like 1

I didn't think Crossroads was the bad. When Brittney Spears was cuttin' heads with Steve Vai to save Willie Brown's soul that was pretty awesome.

• Like 2

I didn't think Crossroads was the bad. When Brittney Spears was cuttin' heads with Steve Vai to save Willie Brown's soul that was pretty awesome.

And it had Jami Gertz at her Jami Gertziest! Mmmmm, I loved me some Jami Gertz...

Holy shit, do you guys need to do "Solarbabies".

MV5BMTUxNDQxNDE1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA0MjI3NA@@._V1__SX640_SY720_.jpg

• Like 1

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

tumblr_lsv0wzUBou1r3ty02o1_500.gif

• Like 5

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

tumblr_lsv0wzUBou1r3ty02o1_500.gif

You could totally make a game of whether or not it's a clip of her singing or comically overselling a reaction to something. Hard to tell them apart...

Logistical question, does anyone know if those two live shows will be released as podcasts? Unless they're released separately in the store, there won't be time to get them in before Christmas (unless one or both comes out on the 24th without a mini-ep).

For Crossroads, this has to be on TV at some point in the next week, right? My cable company carries like ten 'music' channels, just about all of which show movies, and I feel like Britney/this movie spans genres enough that it could air on any of them, and this seems like a logical time to show it since she has an album out.

I gave a full-throated Steven Brody Stevens "YEEEES!" upon seeing this would be our next selection.

• Like 1

I just don't know if I can make it through this one you guys...

PSYCH. THIS SHIT IS GOING TO BE BONKERS! FUCK YES HDTGM

Logistical question, does anyone know if those two live shows will be released as podcasts? Unless they're released separately in the store, there won't be time to get them in before Christmas (unless one or both comes out on the 24th without a mini-ep).

I think they've released every live show they've done as just a regular podcast. Unless there are some shows I don't know about, they've released all the ones like Demolition Man, Howard The Duck, Gymkata, etc. as regular podcasts. I'm guessing the live shows won't come out for a while though since they're also doing Crossroads, which I assume will be released this next Tuesday.

Live show question: I should just assume the early show is seeing the 2006 Deck The Halls with Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick, right? Rotten Tomatoes says there's a 2005 film by that name but it looks less popular.

I'm excited for this -- it's a really strange choice as a vehicle for Britney Spears. It's like they took a bunch of spec scripts out of the Lifetime TV channel's dumpster and did a William Burroughs cut-up job on them.

For those of you who don't think you'll be able to tolerate the vanilla Crossroads experience, there is a Rifftrax commentary available which may help.

• Like 1

I think they've released every live show they've done as just a regular podcast. Unless there are some shows I don't know about, they've released all the ones like Demolition Man, Howard The Duck, Gymkata, etc. as regular podcasts. I'm guessing the live shows won't come out for a while though since they're also doing Crossroads, which I assume will be released this next Tuesday.

Yeah, the only reason I thought they might break from that is to get them out before Christmas. I figured one of them would just be episode 78.

I'm excited for this -- it's a really strange choice as a vehicle for Britney Spears. It's like they took a bunch of spec scripts out of the Lifetime TV channel's dumpster and did a William Burroughs cut-up job on them.

For those of you who don't think you'll be able to tolerate the vanilla Crossroads experience, there is a Rifftrax commentary available which may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ppoRsknzjg

That karaoke scene is so weird. Lifeless doesn't even begin to cover it.

My prediction? June will actually love this movie, and she'll love Britney's acting. Jason? He'll lose his mind :)

Shocking prediction, I know. I'm going way off base here, but - maybe - it's just bold enough to work!

• Like 1

I HIGHLY recommend the Rifftrax for this movie.

As for the movie itself, I feel like it was a decent teen movie that basically got ruined by having Britney Spears signed on to it. They probably had these three well-rounded characters with their own story arcs, and they just chopped off all the positive qualities and gave them to Britney. So her character is this smart, perfect honors student, who also gets to have the big emotional moment with her father AND win the singing competition. And then the other girls just have shit things like rape and teen pregnancy happen to them. I think there really is a good movie under there, but it got hacked apart because the studios were so afraid to do anything that might tarnish Britney's "girl next door" image.

Originally saw this in the theatre in 8th grade with friends from school. We were the only ones in there and I feel like we didn't really watch the movie but just danced in front of the screen to make each other laugh.

I feel like rewatching it is gonna be sad... Brit Brit still had so much joy and light behind her eyes

tumblr_lzvwjmcfqz1qmb8czo1_500.gif

:( my poor sweet baby

• Like 3

I don't think she was really shredding. That was all air guitar. You can't dance like that and shred at the same time. Plus, she used Otto tune, At least I think the name of the guy that tuned her guitar was named Otto.

Sign in to follow this