🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 53 — Two Birthday Boys, Our Close Friends

I feel like a real heel because I've never once got a notification that I can't like any more posts. I only know it can happen because people talk about it happening. Unless you're all making it up so I'll post this and now I have egg on my red face.

Red Egg I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I'm so sad I couldn't be there but I had to head down to Universe's Studios to learn more about the biz. Honestly, I'm more confused about what's real life, what's movies and what isn't movies than I've ever been, BUT I got to be in movies.

They have rolley coasters there that are MOST CERTAINLY movies! I've seen movies and movies screens before and these were coasters was movies. Three dimensions, sometimes four! And there are lots of little sorcerers running around near the movies rides waving sticks and making things move with their magic, which I think is also movies, by definition. There's dinosaurs movies and yellow men small movies and aliens movies and robots movies and giant green guy movies, and I WAS IN ALL THE MOVIES!

I think I'm probably a movies star now since I was in all those movies so I'll sit back and wait for Hayes and Sean to call me now so I can be their close friend on the show. Boy, do I have a lot to discuss with them.

• Like 9

I feel like a real heel because I've never once got a notification that I can't like any more posts. I only know it can happen because people talk about it happening. Unless you're all making it up so I'll post this and now I have egg on my red face.

It happened for me on the day(s) when everyone on here posted pics of their cats. I was very pleased on that day! Yes I was!

ETA: I'd like to initiate a huge round of applause for Anastasia and her new profile pic, well done, I bow to you etc.

• Like 8

ETA: I'd like to initiate a huge round of applause for Anastasia and her new profile pic, well done, I bow to you etc.

Thank you, Freja! I almost chose a cat in a witch costume, but it was way too s-s-s-scary!

This is by far my favorite time of year and I want so badly to start a discussion about Halloween, so...will everyone be dressing up for Halloween? If so, what are you wearing?

• Like 4

AV, it's my favorite time of year too. I'm really annoying about it.... I wear boots even when it's still sunny and 70's, I bake something pumpkin or apple related every few days and try to hit up every hick fair in my area (it's Maine, so there are countless)... I keep picking up cheap harvest-themed trinkets every time I go to Rite-Aid because they're 50% off. My latest purchase was his and hers centaur-ish figurines but except for being half man-half horse they are half owl-half pumpkin and are wearing pilgrim clothes-- my boyfriend is just like "ummm errr I love them!! Yeah! These are great!!" every time I bring this cheap shit home.

I'm gonna be a mail order bride for Halloween.

• Like 6

AV, it's my favorite time of year too. I'm really annoying about it.... I wear boots even when it's still sunny and 70's, I bake something pumpkin or apple related every few days and try to hit up every hick fair in my area (it's Maine, so there are countless)... I keep picking up cheap harvest-themed trinkets every time I go to Rite-Aid because they're 50% off. My latest purchase was his and hers centaur-ish figurines but except for being half man-half horse they are half owl-half pumpkin and are wearing pilgrim clothes-- my boyfriend is just like "ummm errr I love them!! Yeah! These are great!!" every time I bring this cheap shit home.

I'm gonna be a mail order bride for Halloween.

Amazing! We are long lost sisters I think! I'm annoying about it too! Every time I leave the house I come back with some small decorative gourd or Halloween decoration. Our tiny apartment is filled with them. And I have plans this weekend to bake pumpkin bread and apple cinnamon rolls! I instantly crave pumpkin, apples, yams and butternut squash as soon as October arrives. Those owl/pumpkin/pilgrim figurines sound wonderful...and crazy. I love it!

Mail order bride sounds fun. I can't wait to see photos. Are there stamps involved?

I haven't decided what to be yet. I have pretty long wavy hair right now so I was thinking of using that. Joey Ramone? 80's Van Halen? I've also wanted to wear an eye patch, so maybe Snake Plissken or Nadine from Twin Peaks? But I might need to cut my hair for those. Dunno.

What's your favorite past costume?

• Like 4

Wish we had a FB group chat so I could do more video responses.

Start one, I'll participate.

• Like 1

Red Egg I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I'm so sad I couldn't be there but I had to head down to Universe's Studios to learn more about the biz. Honestly, I'm more confused about what's real life, what's movies and what isn't movies than I've ever been, BUT I got to be in movies.

They have rolley coasters there that are MOST CERTAINLY movies! I've seen movies and movies screens before and these were coasters was movies. Three dimensions, sometimes four! And there are lots of little sorcerers running around near the movies rides waving sticks and making things move with their magic, which I think is also movies, by definition. There's dinosaurs movies and yellow men small movies and aliens movies and robots movies and giant green guy movies, and I WAS IN ALL THE MOVIES!

I think I'm probably a movies star now since I was in all those movies so I'll sit back and wait for Hayes and Sean to call me now so I can be their close friend on the show. Boy, do I have a lot to discuss with them.

Now that you are movies, can you spare a few hours to be interviewed by a certain popcorn gallery?

Now that you are movies, can you spare a few hours to be interviewed by a certain popcorn gallery?

Yes, the first question I'll answer is the Halloween costume question. For the third year in a row I'll be going as Randy from Trailer Park Boys because we have the same body type and all I have to do is wear white pants AND I get to go shirtless.

• Like 3

Hi folks just wanted to hop back in and clarify that my post earlier about my life being hard was just a joke about being bad at computers. My life is actually really good and I haven't been posting as much not because of some hardship but because I have a pretty rockin new job.

Please feel free to take back your like if it was based on pity or feel free to like this post if you think the joke is very funny now that you know the truth. Thank you sincerely for your concern. Also, sorry. Thanks again, byeeee

• Like 6

try to hit up every hick fair in my area (it's Maine, so there are countless)

hell yea, knee deep at the KTP

Yes, the first question I'll answer is the Halloween costume question. For the third year in a row I'll be going as Randy from Trailer Park Boys because we have the same body type and all I have to do is wear white pants AND I get to go shirtless.

Excellent, will you be carrying a bag of cheeseburgers all night?

I'm going as Charlie as Serpico this year.

• Like 3

Thank you, Freja! I almost chose a cat in a witch costume, but it was way too s-s-s-scary!

This is by far my favorite time of year and I want so badly to start a discussion about Halloween, so...will everyone be dressing up for Halloween? If so, what are you wearing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDJlUSYlhL0

I believe I tried to initiate this conversation last forum.

So I would hope you know my stance, and I'm assuming my forum peer's stancesssssss.

We're all not doing it because it's a literal physical embodiment of everything I find 'too scary'

Plus I don't think i'll have any money to do anything fun :/

One year I went to a halloween party and this girl was dressed up as a zombie and would bite people.

She ended up biting ma redacted later that niiiiaaaagggghhhhtttttttt.

And I had to go to the hospital, but my redacted is totally cool so don't worry. It got cooler actually for some reason.

• Like 4

Amazing! We are long lost sisters I think! I'm annoying about it too! Every time I leave the house I come back with some small decorative gourd or Halloween decoration. Our tiny apartment is filled with them. And I have plans this weekend to bake pumpkin bread and apple cinnamon rolls! I instantly crave pumpkin, apples, yams and butternut squash as soon as October arrives. Those owl/pumpkin/pilgrim figurines sound wonderful...and crazy. I love it!

Mail order bride sounds fun. I can't wait to see photos. Are there stamps involved?

I haven't decided what to be yet. I have pretty long wavy hair right now so I was thinking of using that. Joey Ramone? 80's Van Halen? I've also wanted to wear an eye patch, so maybe Snake Plissken or Nadine from Twin Peaks? But I might need to cut my hair for those. Dunno.

What's your favorite past costume?

UMMMMMMM.....

I have my fall back skeleton costume. It was hand painted by my friend evey, which was sort of weird because it had to be painted while you actually wear it. So you had to be cool with painting dong area. (sorry my posts have been so dong related today... it's not really cool maybe?)

A couple of years ago we all went as WWF wrestlers. I was gold dust which was horrible and I hated it but everyone else thought it was funny.

When Libya had their revolution and killed Muammar Gadaffi, we took a suit and burned it up and added some shitty dictator type shades and had my friend AJ be 'Ommar Gadaffi' the recently escaped 1st coustin of Muammar.

I like to reference things that I know no one will understand or get. Last year I really wanted to be the characters from the 2008 Australian MTV Movie Awards...

maybe i'll do that this year?

p.s. I could watch that video like 100 times.

• Like 3

Happy birthday Hollywood Handbook! (sorry it's late)

Here's hoping you had a happy day at podcast school, and Professor Blastoff didn't barge you into a locker.

• Like 6

We're all not doing it because it's a literal physical embodiment of everything I find 'too scary'

I know Halloween can be scary but it can also be fun like doing movies. I know Halloween isn't movies, but it can be like the making of movies with costumes and characters.

It can also be fun to just look at what is in your house and decide what to be based on what you already have. One year I was an Anthropology professor because I had some African fabrics and jewelry. I let my hair get big and frizzy and wore sandals with socks. I sort of made fun of myself with that costume, although I'm not really an Anthropology professor.

UMMMMMMM.....

I have my fall back skeleton costume. It was hand painted by my friend evey, which was sort of weird because it had to be painted while you actually wear it. So you had to be cool with painting dong area. (sorry my posts have been so dong related today... it's not really cool maybe?)

A couple of years ago we all went as WWF wrestlers. I was gold dust which was horrible and I hated it but everyone else thought it was funny.

When Libya had their revolution and killed Muammar Gadaffi, we took a suit and burned it up and added some shitty dictator type shades and had my friend AJ be 'Ommar Gadaffi' the recently escaped 1st coustin of Muammar.

I like to reference things that I know no one will understand or get. Last year I really wanted to be the characters from the 2008 Australian MTV Movie Awards...

maybe i'll do that this year?

p.s. I could watch that video like 100 times.

I like this video. I like the special effects. And that's one of my all time favorite songs. It is also pretty dong heavy with those white tights. That's ok though. Some times things gotta get dong-centric.

Much like what writers often say, I like to say "costume what you know" (even if no one else will understand what you are).

• Like 1

I believe I tried to initiate this conversation last forum.

So I would hope you know my stance, and I'm assuming my forum peer's stancesssssss.

One year I went to a halloween party and this girl was dressed up as a zombie and would bite people.

She ended up biting ma redacted later that niiiiaaaagggghhhhtttttttt.

And I had to go to the hospital, but my redacted is totally cool so don't worry. It got cooler actually for some reason.

the line breaks forced me to read this as a song and i gotta say dude, not your best work

B+

• Like 1

Meh... I'm gonna go out against public opinion here and say that I don't like Halloween. I'm also broke which is why I'm at home at 9:30 on a Friday... Booo (non-scary).

• Like 2

AV-- yeah, thus far the outfit plan is a white dress covered in stamps or a veil with stamps (kinda like Angelina Jolie's veil?) I guess the joke behind the outfit is that I'm the most anti-wedding person you could ever meet-- I contemplated just dressing as a bride b/c my friends would think that was funny enough. If you dress as Nadine from Twin Peaks I will pee my pants. Also, have you been inside a Trader Joe's lately? Friggin killin it in the pumpkin department. Pumpkin O's cereal is a new fave in this household and their pumpkin chai latte is money. Anyway, I guess what I'm saying here is let's be friends! Yeah?

Chanson-- I'm kinda torn about Halloween. I don't drink and I don't like fun and I don't like crowds or parties and I'm old so Halloween can feel kinda weird to celebrate as an adult. But! I never had it as a kid because it doesn't exist in Sweden. By the time I moved here I was too old to trick or treat. I know some ppl on here are prob like "you're never too old to trick or treat! Haha kid at heart! Fight the system! Get that candy!" But you have to realize I care about what people think of me and always have, soo.... since I never got to have the true Halloween experience I try to be festive and partake in the holiday somehow every year. But yeah, it's def the "eh" part of this holiday season. Just waiting for Thanksgiving to come! And my November birthday so my mom can serve her annual reminder to me that I'm unmarried and childless! WOOT B)

• Like 2

Val, you are a freakin hoot! I love whatever this is... It's brilliant. "I, uhh, don't want it," had me bussin up like nobodies business. I want to write a Hawwoween Spooktacuwar!

• Like 1

Gregman, thanks! I've actually never met the Zuckerjerk, but he seems like a real bozo (and not the "s of Basketball" variety, which is the good variety of bozo).

• Like 3