🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 57 — Sean and Hayes, Our Closest Friends

Damn you, Bozos. I'm a sucker for playful geographic illiteracy and time zone humor. You've made me homesick as all get-out. Some of us need to function in this godless, 40 degree heap of floating garbage that is the Northeast. We can't all just hitch a ride on a single engine Cessna and grab lunch in Friscotown on a whim.

• Like 1

Finally after all the travel I have been forced to do I have made it to the sunny state of California where Hayes and Sean reside!

Real quick flight. I left at the ungodly hour of 4 a.m., flew over a bunch of flyovers and I'm already here at 7:30 with the whole day ahead of me! Seemed like longer but I was probably just nervous.

Hayes and Sean, I'm staying in a town called San Francisco which I'm guessing is some shitty suburb of LA where you guys are. Can't be much of a drive, let me know if you wanna meet up.

Bozos, welcome to our fair land. I hope you enjoy yourself while you're here. How long are you in town for?

• Like 1

What are you guys doing for Guy Fawkes Night?

Blowing shit up. You?

• Like 2

Finally after all the travel I have been forced to do I have made it to the sunny state of California where Hayes and Sean reside!

Real quick flight. I left at the ungodly hour of 4 a.m., flew over a bunch of flyovers and I'm already here at 7:30 with the whole day ahead of me! Seemed like longer but I was probably just nervous.

Hayes and Sean, I'm staying in a town called San Francisco which I'm guessing is some shitty suburb of LA where you guys are. Can't be much of a drive, let me know if you wanna meet up.

Welcome to the unofficial "Boston Transplants in SF" meeting. First, we will discuss how we publicly 'love four seasons' and 'miss winter' but actually just really like year-round warmth. Next, we will discuss how Norcal drivers actually may be the dumbest in the country. Finally, we will decide whether to wear Boston sports gear every day or only every other day (go Pats!).

• Like 5

Please all women of the forums look away, this post is for GUYS ONLY (Freja is allowed to look because she is a trained professional).

I tried to spear a grape like Hayes said but I think my peener is too blunt? It just sort of smooshes the grape? Is this normal, do I need to go to the doctor?

• Like 6

Tim I really liked your monologue. I know I clicked "like" on facebook but there was no "really like" option so I felt like telling you here.

• Like 1

Tim I really liked your monologue. I know I clicked "like" on facebook but there was no "really like" option so I felt like telling you here.

Thanks friend :)

IMG_8795.jpg

Why is the picture so wide? Did you shoot the podcast on a RED?

• Like 3

i think thats cg, a good fake but the pixels show tell-tale signs

• Like 1

little known fact: all pics of sean are clever fakes, his family's heritage has led him to believe that cameras steal people's souls

• Like 6

little known fact: all pics of sean are clever fakes, his family's heritage has led him to believe that cameras steal people's souls

So, who plays Sean in these photos?

• Like 2

greggy is correct. Here's an artist's rendering from the good folks at the Hubble telescope. On any given Tuesday, in a galaxy far away, Sean rides in his aluminum falcons. The missiles are only for show. The torch is for marshmallows

SeanSpaceship.jpg

• Like 9

So, who plays Sean in these photos?

earwolf made a fancy mandroid to pose for pictures, they are then touched up digitally by engineer cody. earwolf is garnishing all of HH's donations to pay for it, thats why the guys are so P*ssed Off about earwolf donations

heres a pic of what the robot looks like pre-photoshop:

XVYuOEI.jpg

• Like 10

I wrote two haikus today:

Best Buds

a petite weiner

hangs not so low in the pants

but has two close friends

Self-Portrait

pizza pizza yes

yes pizza yes yes yes

yes pizza yes pizza

Feedback appreciated.

• Like 3

people getting to live in San Francisco is unfair.

...for them maybe.

• Like 4

...for them maybe.

Fightin words! I know there is a small small sporting rivalry (in the NFL at least, I dont think anyone cares about Giants-Mariners since they play in opposite leagues and, well, the mariners are trash), but do you find there is a cultural rivalry between Seattle and SF Chanson?

• Like 1

heres a pic of what the robot looks like pre-photoshop:

XVYuOEI.jpg

Here's a pic of what happens when Engineer Cody Cody pulls an Engineer Cody and just gives up mid-Photoshop to go work on The Wolf Den or something and The Seandroid has to go home to Stephy with half his CG on.

71BseF8.png

• Like 10

do you find there is a cultural rivalry between Seattle and SF Chanson?

Having lived here for a while, I'm pretty sure the only cultural rivalry people in LA are aware of is the one taking place in the kombucha section at Whole Foods.

I'm sorry, goodbye.

• Like 4

I was reminded earlier today of an embarrassing moment in my life. I saw Michael Showalter and Michael Ian Black perform about 5 years ago and they both stayed after the show to sign their CDs. When I walked up, Showalter said hi to me and drew a cat on my CD. I responded "I like cats" and then was quickly ushered forward to keep the line moving. I have been a huge fan of these guys since I was twelve years old...and all I said to them, nervously and with a big dumb grin on my face, was "I like cats." I hate meeting people I admire.

Do you guys have any stories about meeting people who you're a fan of? Anyone able to play it cool? Any love-knife stories?

• Like 6

Brgrho is fawkin legend m8, no bollocks m8 init true fam he is chrewly a legend. London boyz standup!

• Like 4

so are you saying there is no sean at all and just the robot? i think you might be mistaken burgerhome

• Like 2

Let's be real here, this is unrelated to whatever yall are talking about, but all these people tryna legalize weed are goin about it all wrong. They say oh boy jeez louise it can cure the cancer, it can cure the leprosy and the epilepsy and maybe that's how Michael Jordan got those cool eyeball colors, but maybe if they just admit that people want it legal so they can get high and laugh at farts instead of scaring people away with the C word (not cunt, cancer) then maybe people would say "oh yA know these kids just wanna get Stoney baloney and watch movies(still not sure what they is) maybe we should just let them?" Honesty is the best policy and honestly, I want to be able to blow my kushy clouds in a cops face and say "fuuuck youuuuuu its legal I got the club foot disease doc said blaze up!"

• Like 4

Oregon's new law is closer to Colorado's which I think is better than Washington's. Gotta get that home grow clause up in there y'all. I totally don't do drugs tho becuase they aren't cool or fun and people who do drugs always fail and have broken homes.

• Like 2

Do you guys have any stories about meeting people who you're a fan of? Anyone able to play it cool? Any love-knife stories?

I have a somewhat related one, actually... Early last summer, I saw Tom Cavanagh of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks and being-a-generally-good-dude fame--also for Scrubs, shout out to Yogi Bear--ordering an ice cream cone at a little place near the main harbor on Martha's Vineyard. Very nice moment. The story sort of ends there, unfortunately, as I wasn't able to bring myself to bother him. He was actually the first celebrity I'd seen/met/whatever whose work I was intimately familiar with, especially in comedy, so there was some additional adrenaline and respect kind of stewing around with the fandom. Would've gone right up to a Thomas Cruise or Bradley Pitts, for sure. He was with a very nice looking lady at the time and I can only assume he would thank me now for not pestering, though, admittedly, I did end up limply following him for about an hour trying to muster up courage before he made his way to some fancy yacht party that I wasn't invited to because I didn't have the Pro Version yet.

• Like 3