🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 57 — Sean and Hayes, Our Closest Friends

Wtf BRRII... You weren't calling me a failure when I was sucking u up somethin heavy. You were callin me baby. And baby don't fail. Baby don't break home.

• Like 3

Wtf BRRII... You weren't calling me a failure when I was sucking u up somethin heavy. You were callin me baby. And baby don't fail. Baby don't break home.

You're right. Guys, I have a confession. I have done weeds before. I did a whole joint before schools once and I've been trying to act like everything is totes kewl but it isn't. I'ms a fraud and MBoP has made me real-size that I can't go on pretending that tasty tasty knugs aren't tasty tasty knugz. Feels good to get that off my chest, and some dank chron in my chest. Nailed it.

• Like 6

I have a somewhat related one, actually... Early last summer, I saw Tom Cavanagh of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks and being-a-generally-good-dude fame--also for Scrubs, shout out to Yogi Bear--ordering an ice cream cone at a little place near the main harbor on Martha's Vineyard. Very nice moment. The story sort of ends there, unfortunately, as I wasn't able to bring myself to bother him. He was actually the first celebrity I'd seen/met/whatever whose work I was intimately familiar with, especially in comedy, so there was some additional adrenaline and respect kind of stewing around with the fandom. Would've gone right up to a Thomas Cruise or Bradley Pitts, for sure. He was with a very nice looking lady at the time and I can only assume he would thank me now for not pestering, though, admittedly, I did end up limply following him for about an hour trying to muster up courage before he made his way to some fancy yacht party that I wasn't invited to because I didn't have the Pro Version yet.

I've had many of these moments too. And I've learned that it's usually best just to leave them alone. Unless you are a super cool dude who's good at talking and shit, then I think the exchange ends up being pretty awkward. On the day that the first episode of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project was released, I saw Andy Daly. I went up to him and said I was a big fan and I just listened to the first episode of his podcast and it was amazing. He said something like "That's so nice. I'm glad you liked it." Then there was an awkward pause, I smiled, said take care, and walked away. Idiot!

https://screen.yahoo.com/chris-farley-show-martin-scorsese-000000739.html

• Like 4

Fightin words! I know there is a small small sporting rivalry (in the NFL at least, I dont think anyone cares about Giants-Mariners since they play in opposite leagues and, well, the mariners are trash), but do you find there is a cultural rivalry between Seattle and SF Chanson?

Not really, I'm just not really impressed by the Bay Area. There's a lot of hype and I just don't really buy into it. Not that the Bay isn't a nice place, it's very pleasant but I just can't really find anything to rave about. I feel similarly about Portland or Vancouver. There are things I like about all of the places but nothing I really love or can hold up as being something worthy of the often extreme praise these places get particularly when juxtaposed with the many negatives these places have.

I'm sure one could say the same about Seattle and many have done just that. They are probably not wrong either. I think the standout quality about Seattle that I have always identified with is the sense that we're just getting started going wherever we're going. That and a very pragmatic view of the world (on the part of Seattleites) has always made me feel very much at home here and makes people quite easy to deal with for the most part.

PS - I also feel like people should be proud of where they come from and do their best to make that place the best place (to them) that they can and that's where my comment came from.

PPS - The rivalry is the Mariners and the Oakland Athletics. Just FYI.

guys, I am sorry. Cuz I am do drugs too. I am do them right now. They are inside me. Jesus knows. My parents knows. Now you guys knows. I am the same Charlie Parker-Lewis Black & Mild that I always been. Just don't trust me around cash and nukeyalur launch codes

• Like 3

Not really, I'm just not really impressed by the Bay Area. There's a lot of hype and I just don't really buy into it. Not that the Bay isn't a nice place, it's very pleasant but I just can't really find anything to rave about. I feel similarly about Portland or Vancouver. There are things I like about all of the places but nothing I really love or can hold up as being something worthy of the often extreme praise these places get particularly when juxtaposed with the many negatives these places have.

I'm sure one could say the same about Seattle and many have done just. They are probably not wrong either. I think the standout quality about Seattle that I have always identified with is the sense that we're just getting started going wherever we're going. That and a very pragmatic view of the world has always made me feel very much at home here and makes people quite easy to deal with for the most part.

interesting point of view-thanks (sincerely!) for the comment. I have never been to seattle (Ive been to Spokane!), but San Francisco and Portland are far and away my two favorite cities in America that I have visited.

• Like 2

Also, why do we have the weed discussion every ten episodes? Why is that a thing? Almost everyone smokes weed except me. And it's legal here. So suck it.

• Like 3

When I was 21 Paul Pierce told me to "get out of the way."

crazy! you didnt stab him did you*

*sorry

• Like 1

I've had many of these moments too. And I've learned that it's usually best just to leave them alone. Unless you are a super cool dude who's good at talking and shit, then I think the exchange ends up being pretty awkward. On the day that the first episode of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project was released, I saw Andy Daly. I went up to him and said I was a big fan and I just listened to the first episode of his podcast and it was amazing. He said something like "That's so nice. I'm glad you liked it." Then there was an awkward pause, I smiled, said take care, and walked away. Idiot!

https://screen.yahoo...-000000739.html

that doesnt seem very idiotic-that seems like a perfectly normal celebrity encounter! had you said that, smiled, said take care, walked away, tripped over your shoelace, and fallen face first into the triple scoop iced-cream cone you were carrying, well, THAT would have been the behavior of an idiot

• Like 1

Bozos, was you in the paint? Best get out the way. </p>Apparently my phone will only let me post this fucking chief keef video

• Like 4

One time I met the guy that played Cyclops in the xmen movies and I didn't know his name so I just made hand goggles and put them on my eyes and smiled. I think he got the point.

• Like 12

Chanson, I'll bring up whatever I want to talk about ok? You always bring up shit spackle. Hey does anyone else's phone autocorrect Seattle to Shit Spackle?

• Like 4

hey do u guys like thanksgiven

I say tanks, but YES thanks to Thanksgiven! I'll sit at the table for dinner and say, "Ummmmm can someone pass me more potatoes cause Daddy hungry and this turkey is looking to get stuffed!!"

Everyone laughs at that because I made a pun about a turkey getting stuffed and that's what happens on this holiday so it's a really great time in my house.

• Like 5

hey do u guys like thanksgiven

Yes, when I don't go home to see the family. Good food. Friends. Seasonal cocktails. What do you do for TG, Brett?

Every year around this time Brett comes on the forum and does his famous "thanksgiven dis dick" joke. I'm not biting this year!

• Like 6

give it a rest brett, we all have 101 Thanksgiving Dick Jokes (For Kids!) by robert stein too

• Like 8

give it a rest brett, we all have 101 Thanksgiving Dick Jokes (For Kids!) by robert stein too

You mean r.l. Stein

• Like 2

no dude i mean jovial bob stein

• Like 3

Out of likes! I did it! Sorry Chanson I liked your dick biting joke but couldn't express that to you through forums likes.

MBoP you tickle my phunny bone but not in the dick biting way. I hereby request more Shaggy parody from you. That's right, I didn't forget.

San Fran update. Not enough water pressure in the showers. You can tell cuz my hair is smushed on top but bunches up on the sides. Apparently low water pressure has that effect.

Currently at this divey place called Hooters. Very greasy. Breast meat and tushies and TVs everywhere. Can't believe they let it be at the friggin mall!

• Like 4