🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 388 — Breath Before Death

This year we give thanks to the songwriting titans and fan favorites Neko Case and John Lennon as they return on this week's Comedy Bang! Bang! Neko tells us all about her new box set "Truckdriver, Gladiator, Mule," John explains his unfortunate past with Black Friday, and both Neko & John sing a special rendition of "Santa Baby." Then, friend of the show Mookie Blaiklock stops by to talk about his new web series Please Slate Your Name when suddenly an unseeable force takes over his body.

• Like 1

On a note inspired by this episode, when does the voting start for the best of the year?

*EDIT*

Never mind. He mentioned it right at the end of the episode.

To sum up all of CBB 2015, all I can say is:

I could get used to this...

You forgot to look into the camera

• Like 2

Mike Hanford as John Lennon is a big yes yes yes

• Like 8

For any artists out there, I would pay buco dolores for an Andre the Giant series. One featuring him water skiing, wearing fur pants. The other of him balling up John Lennon and slam dunking him.

• Like 8

They used my plug theme! I don't know if Neko Case being surprised by my chords is good or bad.

Yeah, your chords mustered up her astonishment, but whether she pants over them or not, we'll never know.

So my condolences and/or good job!

What the fuck is this "it's been a minute" shit...SCOTT!?!?! If you let another fucking moment go by and don't Staind/BarenakedLadies the shit out of an "it's been awhile" I'm DONE with this show. Hell Mookie even threw one right at ya and you ignored it. This is crazy!!!!!

• Like 2

The idea of a spider so poisonous it has an extra leg just for poison is actually kind of terrifying.

• Like 4

Few things in this world amuse me more than "John Lennon" matter-of-factly stating facts (be they true or not). "Oh yeah, Paul, he was the bass player in the band."

• Like 8

John Lennon was probably my favorite guest this year. it's not accurate at all and that's why I love it and I love how Scott can dig into him for it.

• Like 5

John Lennon was probably my favorite guest this year. it's not accurate at all and that's why I love it and I love how Scott can dig into him for it.

Yeah? Off the top of my head I'd have to say Joe Bongo (not Jimmy Bongos) but I could be wrong

I'm somewhat disappointed that Hanford didn't mean to play Ringo disguised as John Lennon at first. Nonetheless he has been great this year and can't wait for Mr. Drums to appear on CBBtv soon.

Seeing the musical guests on with Mookie in the episode description -- as himself? B-O-O-O-R-I-I-I-N-N-N-G-G-G -- made me sad that Michael wouldn't be showing up.

Spoiler Alert: I was not sad for long :D

It's not accurate at all AND Hanford can use that for comedy! I still remember the first time he showed up, there was this great quote: "Now here's a question for all of you... Refresh me on who Stu Studclif is" . He is consistently super funny. Definitely with you in that he may be my favorite new character introduced in CBB in 2015.

• Like 2

Yeah? Off the top of my head I'd have to say Joe Bongo (not Jimmy Bongos) but I could be wrong

Scarsdale

• Like 2