🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 202.5 - Minisode 202.5

32 minutes ago, RyanSz said:

Hide contents

See I didn't know they had Milo back so that was a nice surprise and I got the feeling that she was coming when they were first shown at the fancy dinner and there was an open seat. I also feel Stallon is still kinda bitter about their divorce as her character was a sympathetic foil to Drago in Rocky IV, showing concern and compassion in light of Apollo's death, but now she's this cold bitch who literally abandoned her son in a frozen wasteland in Russia, then abandons him during the fight when it's looking like he's going to lose.

The divorce is something that made it so surprising. I don't know much about it but my understanding is it was pretty acrimonious. Despite Stallone's loyalty to actors and Rocky actors in particular, I didn't think that would be bridged. Especially after the "she left" as a way to write her out. So, that tracking shot of her walking behind the Dragos had me "No way. No way. No way," up until we actually see her face.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 9:02 PM, RyanSz said:

Rocky II in a way continues the story of what actually happened to the guy that Rocky is based on, who tried to turn his fame from both his fight with Muhammad Ali and this movie into a cash grab, and only became more destitute in the end, so much so he was reduced to freak show fights to earn a living like when he boxed a bear, I would have loved to see Rocky do,  although they did recreate Wepner's fight with Andre the Giant by having Rocky fight Hulk Hogan in Rocky III. Though they went for a happier ending in the film for the reasons that have been stated, it is a big step up from one of the original endings for Rocky which saw him die in the ring because his body couldn't handle the onslaught of a world class athlete. Also if you haven't watched the movie Chuck, starring Liev Schreiber as Chuck Wepner, do so as it's a great biopic about a man who's story we all know because it belongs to someone else at this point.

I was fortunate enough to see CHUCK in theaters! And yes, I agree, it was a great biopic and Liev Schreiber was absolutely perfect as Wepner.

These ROCKY movies: I love them!

So yesterday was my birthday (I'll take your belated wishes in the form of cash), and since everyone here is also big on music and playlists I wanted to share my annual birthday list that encompasses the last year of my life, which now at 29 I will start a new one.

You can listen here

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

So yesterday was my birthday (I'll take your belated wishes in the form of cash), and since everyone here is also big on music and playlists I wanted to share my annual birthday list that encompasses the last year of my life, which now at 29 I will start a new one.

You can listen here

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I loved Paul's Rocky rank/rant; also Perfect Stranger is so shitty and then halfway through my copy went totally out of sync. Now can't decide whether to bail or power through -- it's now extra painful.

While I do not agree with 100% Paul's Rocky list, I can certainly understand it and respect it. I would post my own but I'm pretty sure it depends on my mood at the time. I have fond memories of all the Rocky's, even V. Also I have not seen but am excited to watch Creed II.

(Also thanks to Paul for the kind words about my Corrections and Omissions song. Very flattered.)

13 minutes ago, Don Cardenas said:

(Also thanks to Paul for the kind words about my Corrections and Omissions song. Very flattered.)

Was that the Joy Division one?  That was awesome

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Was that the Joy Division one?  That was awesome

No, it was the metal one. But I agree the JD one is awesome!

• Like 2