🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 84 Preview (Grudlian’s Pick)

Oh gosh. I didn't realize my turn was this soon. I'll have an answer later this afternoon for sure.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Oh gosh. I didn't realize my turn was this soon. I'll have an answer later this afternoon for sure.

Technically, it was supposed to be EvRobert’s pick, but he hasn’t been a round for a bit so I thought I’d move straight to you. If he comes back, we can fold him back in.

• Like 1

If you've been following Musical Mondays, you'll find I've already told everyone my choice.

Spoiler
On 12/23/2019 at 2:41 PM, grudlian. said:

I guess my next pick will have to be Fame.

I wasn't even considering this until I threw out that dumb joke. Then I thought that would be kind of funny. So, we're watching Fame which I've never seen and I don't think is even a proper musical. But, whatever. We're watching Fame.
image.png.d5ab5956d9bdc9ff8ec00d703bc10c15.png

• Like 4

Just now, grudlian. said:

If you've been following Musical Mondays, you'll find I've already told everyone my choice.

Hide contents

I wasn't even considering this until I threw out that dumb joke. Then I thought that would be kind of funny. So, we're watching Fame which I've never seen and I don't think is even a proper musical. But, whatever. We're watching Fame.
image.png.d5ab5956d9bdc9ff8ec00d703bc10c15.png

Awesome! I’ve never seen this. I’m looking forward to it 😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Awesome! I’ve never seen this. I’m looking forward to it 😀

I watched the show a lot as a kid but never saw the movie either.

• Like 3

I know I've seen the movie at some point but only really remember the TV show.  We've finally completed the long list of Alan Parker movies. 🙂

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

We've finally completed the long list of Alan Parker movies. 🙂

Mission accomplished

4Y9uLkL.gif

• Like 3

This is a movie I always think I have seen and then realized I've just seen it referenced and parodied so much I just think I have seen it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

This is a movie I always think I have seen and then realized I've just seen it referenced and parodied so much I just think I have seen it. 

Yeah, that's where I am. I get the feeling that I'm going to watch this and know everything that's going to happen from the first minute.

• Like 2

If we wanted to torture ourselves we could contrast/compare it with  the remake/reboot from 200and-something. I’m not endorsing this idea, just throwing it out there.

honestly, I doubt I’d make it through the remake.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2020 at 8:08 AM, Cameron H. said:

giphy.gif

This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I just got a visceral jolt of nostalgia

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamS. said:

If we wanted to torture ourselves we could contrast/compare it with  the remake/reboot from 200and-something. I’m not endorsing this idea, just throwing it out there.

I had completely forgotten a remake existed. I've got a pretty busy week but I might try to fit it in.

• Like 3

They played this often on tv when I was a kid and I kind of loved it.  

My co-worker's kid auditioned to attend this high school a few months ago!  They started academic review for admission this month 😱

• Like 3

It’s currently on sale on iTunes for 7.99 (2.99 to rent) so I went ahead and bought it. I’ve never seen it, but I have a feeling it’s going to kind of be my jam.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

It’s currently on sale on iTunes for 7.99 (2.99 to rent) so I went ahead and bought it. I’ve never seen it, but I have a feeling it’s going to kind of be my jam.

Would you say it's your Hot Lunch Jam?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

We already watched High School Musical.

• Like 3

I’m doing my best to save my comments, but this movie is FUCKING BONKERS for a multitude of reasons, which I’ll get into tomorrow.