Jump to content
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 103 Preview (gigi-tastic's Pick)

Recommended Posts

Using A Mighty Wind to fill our sails, we sail on to...?

ead374ee94c340fa6d16abcf39ef7c5e.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

@gigi-tastic had asked me to post her pick for her if she wasn't able to. So...I'll take away the suspense. This week, in honor of it being Halloween month, we will be watching...

Spoiler

518NPRYDKVL._SY445_.jpg

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Hell yeah. I was just thinking the other day I need to watch this again sometime.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

SO if I watch this do I get one-half credit towards watching Mary Poppins?  They both have Mr. Banks in them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I found out my favorite Bollywood movie is now available on Amazon Prime.  That's cool to see it in higher quality and with proper subtitles.  I'm not sure the subtitles on the DVD are quite up to snuff.

Honestly, it was the first ever Bollywood movie I saw.  20-some years ago I worked with a bunch of Indians on H-1B visas.  One of them had us all over for lunch and we watched the entire movie.  It will always have sentimental value to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Har-Dil-Jo-Pyar-Karega/dp/B086JZCZ56/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3DLY2EJEZHFXQ

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so excited! Sorry I'm a day late I honestly thought today was Monday. I can't time anymore

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

I'm so excited! Sorry I'm a day late I honestly thought today was Monday. I can't time anymore

47fdc19242fec48166dcf16d4428aa85.gif

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

I love technology. I recently watched an 82-year-old movie, The Goldwyn Follies, and it was almost as clear as if it had been filmed yesterday!  Between the 55-inch TV and the HD streaming, it was a pleasure to watch.  (The movie was so-so but oh well.)

EDIT: Yes, it had to have been remastered to be so clear.  I like The Scarlet Pimpernel, made in 1934, and that's muddy as all get out.

IFNRyZt.jpg

A private YouTube video is below.

https://youtu.be/vyM2cwIdfew

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Happy 95th Birthday!

giphy.gif

200.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I scored an HTDGM bargain today.  Amazon Prime Video had Xanadu for $4.99 for HD streaming.  Vudu wanted $14.99.  Since the movie is in Movies Anywhere I bought it on Amazon and can watch it on Vudu (and others)!

(Xanadu was my introduction to the podcast and is still one of my favorite episodes.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks yet.  I'll do a Kast showing at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight if anyone wants to watch it with me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I scored an HTDGM bargain today.  Amazon Prime Video had Xanadu for $4.99 for HD streaming.  Vudu wanted $14.99.  Since the movie is in Movies Anywhere I bought it on Amazon and can watch it on Vudu (and others)!

(Xanadu was my introduction to the podcast and is still one of my favorite episodes.)

Got a similar bargain on Footlight Parade, one of my favorite Busby Berkeley 1930's musicals.  Got it on Amazon for $4.99 and Vudu wanted $9.99.  I saved $15 on two movies!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I haven't watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks yet.  I'll do a Kast showing at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight if anyone wants to watch it with me.

How does Kast work? Is it like Rabbit was?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, gigi-tastic said:

How does Kast work? Is it like Rabbit was?

Yes, Cinco has figured it out! I haven't been able to do much more than test, but it would be nice to get some kind of steady movie watching thing going again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Cameron H. said:

Yes, Cinco has figured it out! I haven't been able to do much more than test, but it would be nice to get some kind of steady movie watching thing going again.

Awesome! My other HDTGM movie group typically has stuff tonight and I think we're just doing tv show episodes of Goosebumps tonight so I should be able to do some of that and do Bedknobs so this works perfectly provided my med balance stays as it is and I don't get super sleepy and pass out.  I  never thought I would see the day when I eagerly awaited being stabbed in the neck for my migraines yet I'm counting down the days until the first week of November. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I haven't watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks yet.  I'll do a Kast showing at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight if anyone wants to watch it with me.

What Kast do I look for?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gigi-tastic said:

Awesome! My other HDTGM movie group typically has stuff tonight and I think we're just doing tv show episodes of Goosebumps tonight so I should be able to do some of that and do Bedknobs so this works perfectly provided my med balance stays as it is and I don't get super sleepy and pass out.  I  never thought I would see the day when I eagerly awaited being stabbed in the neck for my migraines yet I'm counting down the days until the first week of November. 

Here's the link for my room.  You'll need to set up a login for Kast if you don't have one already.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, gigi-tastic said:

What Kast do I look for?

Just posted the link.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

What Kast do I look for?

If you're "gigitastic" in Kast then I sent a friend request and a room invite.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

What Kast do I look for?

You just need to join the room and then I can start the movie. I'm playing a different one right now to test the connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cinco DeNio said:

If you're "gigitastic" in Kast then I sent a friend request and a room invite.

I am but it's saying I have no new friends? I should warn you I took my migraine meds so I'm a *bit* slow

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

My other HDTGM movie group

are you two-timing us

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×