🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 54 — Why or Why Not?

Charlie Sanders, Eugene Cordero, and Jon Gabrus join Matt Besser to improvise scenes inspired by Eric the formerly paid Intern’s Man on the Street Interviews with some very intimidating voters. They will explore topics such as fast paced game shows, the Russian government, and political commercials. Will you enjoy this episode? Why or why not? Let us know! Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

My poll worker was sharper than any of yours.

Great ep, Matt. You've been wrecking shop recently. It just keeps getting better and better.

• Like 1

Eric is so bad he transcends to good. He just doesn't get it no matter how hard Matt tries. It's just so pathetic that it becomes hilarious.

Keep having Eric and his terrible interview skills come back.

• Like 2

Glad you guys like the Eric interviews. We're going to put out a BEST OF in two weeks. What have been some good sketches since our last BEST OF?

BEST OF: Episode 51 "Bad Girl" or "Chronic Anxiety."

• Like 2

We're going to put out a BEST OF in two weeks. What have been some good sketches since our last BEST OF?

I gotta go with Wengert doing Edgar Allen Poe's ghost in Ep. 51. The whole bit about opening and shutting doors to show his feedback was hilarious!

• Like 8

We're going to put out a BEST OF in two weeks. What have been some good sketches since our last BEST OF?

Okie-dokie but why or why not.

I would say to start: Ep 51, Edgar Allan Poe and the scene about pulling the girl's hair and Ep 50, counseling scene.

eric okie-dokie's all day! i'm so glad this is being addressed publicly, it makes me absolutely crazy!

god damn you eric!

• Like 5

I'm starting to doubt that Eric is a real person, considering how hilariously amazing his skills as an interview flourished while faced with that intimidating Polish man.

@MattBesser

The Edgar Allen Poe one, as people have mentioned. And I would say the first Eric the Paid intern segment that lead to the whole why or why not bit from today.

i wish you guys could've been there to witness the whole interview situation. i cannot even tell you how funny certain moments were to witness that were not really discussed on the podcast.

we missed so many potential interviews because he would explode in nervous energy and drop his recorder. and so many goddamn okie dokies.

and then the polish dude (who looked like an even bigger liam neeson) came back with his cell phone in our faces filming us super paranoid like he was catching scandalous voter intimidation on video. eric almost shit himself.

then eric could not for the life of him remember where we parked our cars, kept trying to go down the opposite direction. if i wasn't there he would've been wandering around beverly hills for hours.

• Like 13

Thank god that white boy didn't get stranded in the dangerous streets of Beverly Hills.

Seriously is Eric someone's nephew or something? He makes Karl Pilkington seem radiant at times. Hilarious.

Eh, I take what I can get.

• Like 2

Best episode in a while. John Gabrus has now moved onto the list of my favorite performers. I knew the voice from previous episodes and he always cracked me up but I had never put the name with the voice.

The Eric the formerly paid intern stuff was tremendous. I would have thought beforehand that a whole show based off his crappy interviews would be too much but no this was fantastic. I liked Gabrus taking him to task even more than Matt for the quality of the interviews. Matt intimated to Eric that he was with 4 improv teachers and I wonder if perhaps that’s the driving force of why I found this episode so good. Even with all the giggling going on it was focused and cohesive, and that seemed to be really lacking from last two episodes. My favorite episodes are the ones like this one where they use everything and just go with it. Right at the opening “Why or Why Not” is a prime example. It was a great hit off the audio clip, right out the gate, and they all fell in line with adding rules and defining how the game was played. Loved it.

Sorry I misspoke, not the past two episodes but the last one the RIOT LA one. Which pretty much nullifies my comment about a lack of cohesion and focus because “Too Soon” & “Suck a Dick” were both awesome as shit. So scratch the compare/contrast shit, this episode was just fucking great.

Also do the scenes suggested for Best Of Vol. 2 need to be only ones made since the last one was put together? Or can they be scenes from episodes before that?

It'd be great if Matt accompanied Eric on one of his interviewing outings.

Has anything come of that Polish guy?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this