🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 239 — New Dad

SNL alum and Mohr Stories host Jay Mohr makes his first appearance on today’s Comedy Bang! Bang! After a discussion on the central time zone, Scott’s neighbor drops by to tell us all about being a new dad and how to keep a baby happy. Plus, a life changing game of Would You Rather!

Blahbabiboo-bonus.

I love that as a first timer, Jay gets in on the act immediately and even goes a step further and sides with Matt's character instead of being a sideline participant.

Would love to see him on with Cake Boss or even come as a character himself... he is one of the most talented impressionists around.

Mohr please.

• Like 2

Yeah, Jay was actually really entertaining and did a good job encouraging the character. Besser's dad character having the same complaints as he did on the recent i4h for the laughs.

• Like 1

Mohr was great. Played along very well. Great ep.

That WYR? was used on ep 144.

• Like 3

i usually shy away from mohr but he was fantastic on here i loved his attitude.. and of course besser rules.. thanks choctaw!

I was hoping Mohr would hit us with his amazing Tracy Morgan impression, but the Quinn he was putting out there was pretty great too.

Good first appearance by a guy who does characs so well he should have been on in that form years ago

• Like 1

Why is the b-b-bonus-s-s episode being released on Friday?! I don't like change! It makes me anxious!!!

I will be spending the week fretting and anticipating.

What a lovely treat.

As soon as Jay started with the baby talk I knew it was going to be a good one.

"Ah, right wing baby gets me every time"

• Like 4

Great episode! Being a dad, I could totally relate to wanting to raise my child up as a clone of myself. "Daddy" is a great name for a precious little girl. I really hope Scott can relate one day to being a new dad but, I feel he's going to have to live through others. One day though, I think Scott should borrow a baby, maybe a month old one and just take it home, leave it lying around the house, wash it off maybe, feed it...just see what it's like to have one around. :ph34r:

Jumping in on the Jay Mohr love. His Colin Quinn was great. I'd really love to see him do a "Tough Crowd" episode with other CBB characters, like Jesse Ventura and Ice-T.

• Like 4

I called ahead of time and reserved a bunch of spots in your listening audience just so jay would feel self conscious about not performing for a full crowd.

• Like 3

Only partially through but Scotty has already missed so many MY WIIIIIFEs that it's making me kind of upset.

I'm kind of glad he's pulled back from them, it needs a break.

I'm kind of glad he's pulled back from them, it needs a break.

tumblr_mehiw6UOlv1rllpjeo1_500_zps5fb02482.gif

• Like 11

I was impressed that Jay not only knew Belle & Sebastian, but knew the back catalog well enough to namecheck 'I Fought In A War'.

• Like 3

Why is the b-b-bonus-s-s episode being released on Friday?! I don't like change! It makes me anxious!!!

I will be spending the week fretting and anticipating.

Maybe it's a Thursday recording? The World's End is out Friday, it could be an Edgar Wright episode.

lol, some one deleted my "first!" post. I was just waiting for jaymohr35 to post "fifth!"

• Like 1

So Matt Besser is doing a character of himself? I'm pretty sure the stories he told in character were just his real experiences. Still funny but a bit too meta for me.

Also, in general I'm dissapointed at the reaction to Jay Mohr. He's been doing this a long time and yet many people's reactions are, "oh wow, he ACTUALLY did well." I think it's super insulting. If you've been listening to his appearances on Adam Carolla, you're getting the same level of comedy. Not to mention he is a twenty year veteran of comedy since doing two years on SNL starting in '93. Jay is great, don't be surprised about it please.

So Matt Besser is doing a character of himself? I'm pretty sure the stories he told in character were just his real experiences. Still funny but a bit too meta for me.

Also, in general I'm dissapointed at the reaction to Jay Mohr. He's been doing this a long time and yet many people's reactions are, "oh wow, he ACTUALLY did well." I think it's super insulting. If you've been listening to his appearances on Adam Carolla, you're getting the same level of comedy. Not to mention he is a twenty year veteran of comedy since doing two years on SNL starting in '93. Jay is great, don't be surprised about it please.

Eh I have heard a decent amount of Jay's work on other shows and I definitely don't share you enthusiasm. But he WAS good on this episode.

Regarding the Friday CBB b-b-b-bonus ep - perhaps it's coming out on Friday because the new Analyze Phish might come out on Thursday?

• Like 1

I don't know if he was trying to be meta, but it was a little weird that he told virtually identical birth stories as himself on I4H and as a character here.

Regarding "My wife", this episode was like an answer to the question "What would CBB be like if the movie Borat didn't exist?"

Favorite goofy reference/callback:

"I'm a little peeved."

"Are you cheesed?"

Favorite goofy reference/callback:

"I'm a little peeved."

"Are you cheesed?"

I thought for sure there was going to be a, "I'm pretty miffed." in there somewhere.

Jay's Colin Quinn impression was great. I love comedians doing impressions of other comedians. The episode of CBB where "sarah silverman" shows up is fantastic.

Jay jumped into all the bits so fast and so well, it was great. I would love to see him on an episode of Improv4humans.

• Like 3

Maybe it's a Thursday recording? The World's End is out Friday, it could be an Edgar Wright episode.

I'm hoping it's Simon Pegg or Edgar Wright or Nick Frost. That would be great.

The only real part was that he's mentioned on I4H was his wife was screaming, it happened after midnight on a Sunday, and it was a girl.

In my mind I'm sure this was his way of cleansing a lot of the stereotypical, new father behavior. It let him act that way so he could get some of it out of his system. Instead of prattling to friends he turned it into a character.

It was funny.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this