🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Hot - Slunch

Mystery Science Theater 3000

I've watched Hobgoblins probably 10,000 times by now.

IT'S THE 80S....DO A LOT OF COKE AND VOTE FOR RONALD REAGAN...

• Like 2

Hey, heads up for those who don't know:

MST3K Turkey Day 2013 is happening tomorrow! Noon eastern at MST3Kturkeyday.com, 6 episodes, hosted by Joel Hodgson himself.

Get on it, and Turkey Day it up like it's 1992 on Comedy Central.

• Like 2

I've seen all those episodes like a million times but I still did the Turkey Day marathon and loved every minute of it.

• Like 4

For those that missed it and want to recreate the day with their own episodes, someone captured and uploaded the intros and old Turkeyday bumpers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju1OnuKUtkk

Also, in Joel's short AMA the other day he mentioned the possibility of guesting on a Rifftrax sometime soon.

• Like 2

I hope he does guest on a Rifftrax. There's been this weird off and on animus between the Joel-era people and the Mike-era people (both in the fans and in the personnel), and that also extends to the Cinematic Titanic/Rifftrax division. I guess I understand it, but it's also totally unnecessary. I love MST3K (all eras), I love Rifftrax, and I love Cinematic Titanic. Hell, I even love the Film Crew riffs Mike, Bill, and Kevin did several years ago. I guess that makes me a fanboy, but so be it. I just want harmony in my comedy world, you guys!

• Like 1

I also have to mention that I hit up the Rifftrax live even a few days ago. They riffed Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and a brand new Christmas short about toys coming to life. It was great. Well worth the frightening drive in torrential rain and the 12.50 ticket.

That was my first Rifftrax live and I recommend it. I was shocked to see a 40% full theater in the middle of Maine. MST3K has the reach of The Empire.

• Like 1

Fan from way back, I love them... some of the best have to be:

The Final Sacrifice

The Touch of Satan

Pod People

Mitchell!

Cavedwellers

Any of the old fashioned PSAs

I dunno all of em.

Russia, where all good things are taken, raped, and repackaged as something terrible:

Those puppets just look depressing

Um, yes. Yes, I am very much a fan of MST3K.

Favorite episodes:

Mitchell

Werewolf

Teenage Strangler

Space Mutiny

The Girl In Lover's Lane

Agent for H.A.R.M.

Soultaker

The Final Sacrifice

Final Justice

Master Ninja I and II

Anyone else catch the Total Riff Off on National Geographic? It worked better than I expected it to.

Anyone else catch the Total Riff Off on National Geographic? It worked better than I expected it to.

Watched, taped, and re-watched twice. That Death Bat documentary is priceless.

I watched a bit of it while I was waiting for family to come to our house (the "Guy and a Goose" episode). Quite fun. I've already bought them on rifftrax.com .

• Like 1

Didn't really like the shrimp one, the guy and a goose one was ok (not great, but much better than the first), but the Demon Bat episode made up for both of them.

Sign in to follow this