🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 266 — The Calvins Twins

CHICO: You gotta laugh. You gotta laugh. That's what we say in the horse fighting business.

BEVER: We gotta! That's how you start the fight. You know when in a normal boxing it be like, 'LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUMMMMBLE'? We just— you know, there ain't many people there so you don't even need a microphone— so we just say, "Folks, you gotta laugh. Now for your enjoyment, two horses that are gonna punch each other 'til one dies."

It was very appropriate that Taran could not get through that sentence without almost losing his shit multiple times. That is a hilarious sentence.

I lost it just reading that. One of the funniest eps of all time.

• Like 2

Those stamp.com ads are unpleasant. Love the show, though!

This is the first time I've ever laughed aloud at the catchphrase submission.

• Like 1

CHICO: You gotta laugh. You gotta laugh. That's what we say in the horse fighting business.

BEVER: We gotta! That's how you start the fight. You know when in a normal boxing it be like, 'LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUMMMMBLE'? We just— you know, there ain't many people there so you don't even need a microphone— so we just say, "Folks, you gotta laugh. Now for your enjoyment, two horses that are gonna punch each other 'til one dies."

It was very appropriate that Taran could not get through that sentence without almost losing his shit multiple times. That is a hilarious sentence.

I was walking through downtown Toronto listening to that, and stopped in place to laugh uncontrollably for about 30 seconds. I literally could not start walking again until I collected my shit. I looked like a goddamn lunatic.

• Like 1

The last Taran and Paul episode was amazing, and I didnt think they'd be able to beat that, but they did, and how!

I laughed hard and uncontrollably throughout the characters, certainly the funniest thing on any podcast episode i've ever heard ( what a great compliment ).

I could barely breathe. Can't wait for the next one.

Keep on keepin' on!

Horse fighting was just mentioned on Parks & Rec and my brain nearly exploded.

• Like 3

THERE WAS ALSO A HORSE THAT PUNCHED PEOPLE ON SNL THIS WEEK

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!

• Like 1

I don't know what's happening, but I know what the only acceptable reaction is.

Ditto! The Calvins Twins are ready to burst into the mainstream.

came back here to post this

I feel a powerful urge to rant about this episode of "comedy bang bang". Also guys, give it up to host gator for hosting all of these wonderful podcasts. I just want to say to you all and to others surrounding this event that this particular episode was the highlight of my host gator experience. The calvins twins episode is my favorite episode! I also want to go ahead and say that everyone on the onions av site thing "POD MAAASSSS" (more like todd ass) that you guys are severely uneducated when you said things like "oh this is the rest" and "i think this should be lumped in with the rest" or "i'd murder the calvins twins happily for being apart of something that belongs with the rest". I have this to say to you: No it's not.

I feel a powerful urge to rant about this episode of "comedy bang bang". Also guys, give it up to host gator for hosting all of these wonderful podcasts. I just want to say to you all and to others surrounding this event that this particular episode was the highlight of my host gator experience. The calvins twins episode is my favorite episode! I also want to go ahead and say that everyone on the onions av site thing "POD MAAASSSS" (more like todd ass) that you guys are severely uneducated when you said things like "oh this is the rest" and "i think this should be lumped in with the rest" or "i'd murder the calvins twins happily for being apart of something that belongs with the rest". I have this to say to you: No it's not.

Seriously! I was genuinely confused how in the world Podmass could put this in the "the rest" column. There's no accounting for stupid.

Upon second listen the unexpected insane brilliance of this episode holds up amazingly and is a early candidate for best episode of the year. On par with the the Daly/PFT/Adomion masterpieces. So, so, awesome. Ya gotta laugh.

• Like 2

I still think this episode shows off better than any other what makes CBB unique: Scott challenging guests to keep their characters consistent as he keeps demanding more and more information about mundane trivia that the guests obviously hadn't thought through. It's almost certainly the best of 2014 and maybe the single best episode to play to a new listener (although the beginning, when everyone is trying to discover the characters, might be too long).

• Like 1

For love of the Game and Trouble With the Curve?!? Horse hooves swollen like boxing gloves? that first moment they discover "You Gotta Laugh"? This is one of my favorite episodes ever. a true delight.

I think I skipped this episode originally, wasn't souped about the guests (since then I've gone on to appreciate Taran much more on SNL), but after seeing them on the TV Show, I had to go back and find out how these characters started. Its quite possible I did listen to it and just forgot, but if so, shame on me. This was hilarious.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this