🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 300 — Oh, Golly! You Devil

Andy Daly somehow managed to make it sound like his characters were talking over one another. He is that good.

• Like 6

Andy Daly is the man! Danny Mahoney is one of my favorite characters ever! even if he does have a shit personality!

• Like 1

I can't believe Andy managed to do it. He sounded physically exhausted by about halfway through the show. I'm so glad Andi Callahan made a return, too. He was one of the most underrated Daly characters, and he was the first person to mention Cactus Tony! He's also one of the more evil characters, so having him be God is somehow perfect. I can certainly understand how he and Chip Gardner were friends at one point.

I'm definitely curious as to what Andy is going to do on his next visit to CBB. Maybe an entirely new character? Maybe a good amount of them got amnesia? I'm sure it will be a little while, and he deserves a break after this, anyway.

Big shout-out to Zooks and the Scottobot. I'm guessing they had to re-listen to every Andy Daly guest spot, because they seemed to remember just about everybody. And of course, the banter between those two was as great as ever. Any time they want to do another brodown hoedown is fine by me.

• Like 4

While everyone fretted and analyzed the canonical implications of ep 274, the truly nefarious plot played out behind the scenes: Jason and Scott conspired to create a scenario in which they would trick Andy into doing so many characters simultaneously that he would die of an aneurism. Little did those scheming, broedown hoedown schemers know that Andy cannot be prodded and beaten. When one gazes into the Andy Daly, the Andy Daly also gazes into you...

"Andi Callahan R.N. is dead." -Nietzsche

• Like 5

Such an amazing episode! So much to love, and so much to ponder:

• Zouks calling out Scott on a failed joke (and letting him dangle on it) will never, ever get old. I loved it when it was "Beachfront Property!", and I loved it even more when it was, "I heard a great Ted talk from the mm. from the b-bear" "Nope."
  • The Andi Callahan reveal (spoiler alert, by the way), very funny, but also troubling, since Andi was (I'm pretty sure) the first character to introduce the now infamous Cactus Tony, and at the time I believe Tony was responsible for helping Andi to "acquire" patients. Now, if that's God, that is one sick, sadistic mofo. Then again, there are some who would consider that description apropos. Probably better not to dig too deep into that.
  • I was SOOO certain they were building up to Dalton Wilcox as the one who would save the day. When they mentioned the Excalibur Stone, it was described at one point (by Jason, if I remember correctly) as a sort of "hole in the earth". When the final climax was happening and the royal baby's blood was about to drip into the hole, I was convinced that Dalton was going to plug it up with his wooden (teak) dick and save the day. Don't get me wrong, listening to Patrick McMahon struggle through a limerick was hilarious, but that would have just felt so symbolically perfect.

I could probably go on for longer, and I'll likely come up with more thoughts and observations (humorous and otherwise) once I listen to it a second and third time, but for now I think I'll turn in.

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who thought Dalton would stick his wooden penis in the Excalibur hole and save the day.

Thank you, Comedy Bang Bang, for giving me the opportunity to type sentences that I never thought I'd type.

• Like 1

Just want to add my voice and say this episode was so so so so amazing! Andy Daly is my hero. (And Scott and Jason are amazing as well.)

All the Irish are on the side of good!!!!!

Haven't you see all those horror movies involving exorcisms? The Catholics always save the day.

• Like 1

Paul F. Tompkins - the ball is in your court now! How will you top this?!?

This ep was just amazing. I love how the defenestration motif kept coming back e.g. Chip Gardner's 2nd album about doors & windows, the ingress/egress to the Pasadena Fairytale Theatre and the giant-made window that ultimately saved the day.

Only thing that could possibly top this in my mind is the upcoming Womptacular.

By the time episode 400 gets here, we can only hope for a gathering of Cake Boss, Ice-T, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Garry Marshall, Alan Thicke, Mike the Janitor, J.W. Stillwater, etc....

Well, surely they'd be able to have some festivities for Garry Marshall's wedding in February? I can think of somebody to prepare the cake, and of a reverend to officiate, at the very least...

• Like 2

Can we get a group together to build zapstraight2it.com (or zapstraighttoit.com)?

If someone mixes Scott singing the Zap theme and others put together Zap DVD box art, we can put together a gorgeous outdated website.

• Like 1

Can we get a group together to build zapstraight2it.com (or zapstraighttoit.com)?

If someone mixes Scott singing the Zap theme and others put together Zap DVD box art, we can put together a gorgeous outdated website.

SQUARESPACE BABY!

• Like 2

As if I needed any more proof that Andy Daly is amazing.

The part that killed me was:

Jason: "Clive Dundee?!"

Andy: "Yeah, that's right, ahhh—"

Scott: "You're Irish too?!"

Andy: "Ahhh, no, I'm tryin' to r—"

Jason: "Take your time!"

Also, I liked that you could hear an exasperated Andy mutter "Fuck" to himself when Jason knocked on the door.

• Like 4

I think the episode should have been titled "Crisis on International Waters"

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, that man (Andy Daly/Satan) is a fucking genius. He needs like 3 podcasts and five tv shows to handle all the shit that's flying out of him on a continual basis...

This episode is some kind of podcast masterpiece.

I was relistening to this the other day heading to work and I JUST noticed at the 2:06:53 mark Jason sneaked in an "iiiits been" and it made me laugh hard.

I got to work and the song that was playing over the intercom was indeed Barenaked Ladies "One Week". Not even Ice Cube could claim to have had such a good day as mine was after that.