🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 68 — Erin Gibson, Our Close Friend

I personally love Sean's "What up, what up?*" at the top of each segment of the show (segment as in caterpillars or tapeworms). I love it so much, in fact, that I have begun to depend on it like one would depend on a service animal. Hearing Sean's dulcet tones ring out, "What up, what up?" assuages my fears, sends my anxiety level plummeting, and overall just puts me at ease. Not in some weird ASMR way mind you, but rather in a way that only comes with hearing the opening salvo of one of Hollywood's biggest heavyweights as he gets ready to set his vast listening audience ablaze in an inferno of truth, insider info, and harrowing tales of his Hollywood life.

Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Shaggy like every other red-blooded American male. I stay steady bumping "It Wasn't Me" and "Mr. Boombastic" and I definitely prefer his version of "Angel" over the trashy, derivative version cranked out by Juice Newton. Let's be honest, though: even Shaggy's trademark "Wogwam!" doesn't hold a candle to Sean's "What up, what up?"

I want to therefore stand with Sean at this difficult time when so many have chosen to stand against him. "What up, what up?" isn't some throwaway line or catchphrase like "What's up, Hot Dog?" or "I have a dream." Those types of lines can easily be changed or replaced without impacting their overall effect on the listener. Sean's "What up, what up?" is not such a line, however. It is something akin to a mantra for us all. It is a rallying cry to all the members of the illustrious Scoop Troop to have our pens and paper ready. It is a motto for a Hollywood lifestyle so many of us only dream of.

So I ask that you continue to let us dream, Sean. Please do not bend to the pressure of what I'm certain is only a few squeaky wheels. Now is the time for your inner strength to match the rippling, tanned musculature of your outer body. Do not fall or falter, Sean, for you and Hayes represent the best in us all. The world needs you to continue to utter your immortal phrase each week and I pray that you do not let us down.

*It merits saying that I am unsure how to properly spell "What up, what up?" since I have not seen an official spelling released by Sean and/or Hayes or their respective camps. While I could take a stand and definitively say that "What up, what up?" is how the man himself would write it out, I simply don't want to hazard such a guess and end up in a debacle on the level of the "Right Stuff" vs. "Write Stuff" scandal that arose a few months ago.

As such, I hope to stave off any criticism by saying I do not purport to know the correct spelling and defer to any spelling Sean may choose, be it "What up? What up?," "What up, what? Up?," or any other possible combination. The way it has been typed it in the foregoing paragraphs is only my best attempt at capturing the way Sean would like to see it in print.

Great first post

• Like 1

Is Matt Murbles someone's John Travolta-ized name?

• Like 3

Finally an episode to end the awful gender discussions that have tarnished this forum's reputation for too long. For all the Chansons of the world coming here to stir up a ruckus, here's what you can do

v5QmnTn.gif

I don't mean to steal your gif thunder joe.

• Like 3

Congratulations to all of us on our Oscars! Make sure you grab the right one!

Benedict Roginson

Garry Hartstoner

Victoria Bruyen

James Mortimurl

Austen

Joe Cubsy

Alexandra Gordo

Dillon

Herbert Boyle

Sonny Ferguson

Alana

Ronnie Hog

Warren Yoingan

Edna Rind

Phoenix Ford

Theodore Jernes

Miller Smith

Solomon

May Daveries

Carson Kesey

Bob Zosh of Basset Hound

Nicole Cage

Brodie Drylock

Haydn Loing

Ninja

Tom Turner #timeteeth

Max Doonen

Elan Portles

Brad Leroys

Roan Reed

Bev Cootchie

Charlotte Marzipan

Horse Cooper Short Order

Dr. Oscar Puss

Antoine Knife

Handjob

Seanothan Blorg

Vincent Ridgardser Amigo

Mia Jarmes 71

Frasier

Mitchell Banks Auftigs

Chase Lavender

Skunk Lemons

• Like 14

Finally an episode to end the awful gender discussions that have tarnished this forum's reputation for too long. For all the Chansons of the world coming here to stir up a ruckus, here's what you can do

v5QmnTn.gif

I don't mean to steal your gif thunder joe.

Oh I'm just getting started. This is a conversation that America needs to have, damnit because NO ONE ELSE IS HAVING IT ANYWHERE BESIDES THIS PODCAST AND FORUM!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I just discovered I have a mouse or rat living in my house because I opened my snack drawer and found that something had eaten it's way through two packets of parmesan cheese and a white chocolate macadamia nut mini clif bar (not a morsel left!). Guess what hadn't been touched though... the chocolate chip mini clif bars! Tim, did I tell ya WCMN was the superior flavor or what?

Also I just went to my parents' house to not watch The Challenge while talking about nothing and I found something shocking on my parents' DVR: Private School!!!!! I'm not fucking joking, my dad has Private School recorded! Then he started telling me Private School trivia, like that the woman who did the casting was married to some guy who wrote a book he read and he told me Phoebe Cates sang three of the songs that are in the movie - then he sang one of them! So should I invite my dad to the next hangout?

• Like 13

VB, is your dad down with the new world order of woman being equal? 'Cause if not, he can cut. it out.

wait this used to say something that could be misconstrued as even worse than the awful thing i had in mind so im deleting it

• Like 5

Guess what hadn't been touched though... the chocolate chip mini clif bars! Tim, did I tell ya WCMN was the superior flavor or what?

Word up to the WCMN. I realized we have them at work and I've been all over them this week.

That reminds me of another cool story I forgot to tell. Valerie, Anastasia, Joe, and I were hanging out on the sidewalk in SF for a few hours talking and we were hungry, but we were in the part of town (Embarcadero/Financial) that dies at night and there wasn't food within walking distance. I was hungry, and Val was like "Do you want a snack?" and pulled TWO separate Clif bars out, plus a baggie of trail mix. Then Anastasia was like "Are you thirsty?" and pulled out at least two water bottles.

This group is prepared for anything.

• Like 6

Congratulations to all of us on our Oscars! Make sure you grab the right one!

Benedict Roginson

Legitimately can't tell who 90% of these are. Could you post a Rosetta Stone?

• Like 3

wait this used to say something that could be misconstrued as even worse than the awful thing i had in mind so im deleting it

You have my personal guarantee that that never happens on this forum ever. Not to anyone. Ever.

• Like 1

Legitimately can't tell who 90% of these are. Could you post a Rosetta Stone?

Feel like a magician revealing his secrets here because they're admittedly mundane, but yes. For you, anything.

Benedict Roginson (Bruce Reid Robinson)

Garry Hartstoner (Greggy Hockstetler)

Victoria Bruyen (Valerie Bryant)

James Mortimurl (Joe McGurl)

Austen (Asteck)

Joe Cubsy (Jacob C)

Alexandra Gordo (Anastasia Vigo)

Dillon (Dixon)

Herbert Boyle (brgrho)

Sonny Ferguson (Spunky Foonerism)

Alana (Agata)

Ronnie Hog (Rod Aug)

Warren Yoingan (watchayakan)

Edna Rind (Andrew Nye)

Phoenix Ford (Proposition Phil)

Theodore Jernes (takehomejoke)

Miller Smith (Mister Smart)

Solomon (Skizelo)

May Daveries (Mean Detective)

Carson Kesey (Chanson Kinney)

Bob Zosh of Basset Hound (Bozos of Basketball)

Nicole Cage (Nicolas Rage)

Brodie Drylock (brandondryrock a.k.a B-Drizzle Rock)

Haydn Loing (honlads)

Ninja (Zsinjeh)

Tom Turner (#teamtreese)

Max Doonen (mwn)

Elan Portles (espo12)

Brad Leroys (burdrulz)

Roan Reed (RanRan)

Bev Cootchie (devscoots)

Charlotte Marzipan (Charlie Murphy-Brown)

Horse Cooper Short Order (Corpsefucker Shitlord)

Dr. Oscar Puss (OcterDoctopus)

Antoine Knife (Andy Kneis)

Handjob (A.J.)

Seanothan Blorg (showshowbro)

Vincent Ridgardser Amigo (Velvet Revolver and Nico)

Mia Jarmes 71 (matchgame72)

Frasier (Freja)

Mitchell Banks Auftigs (Michael Bay of Pigs)

Chase Lavender (Hayes Davenport)

Skunk Lemons (Sean Clements)

• Like 11

Whoever suggested relistening to the Erin Gibson RSS episode, f u, because now I've spent a hour watching a Scotty Doesn't Know lyrics video on repeat.

• Like 1

Feel like a magician revealing his secrets here because they're admittedly mundane, but yes. For you, anything.

Benedict Roginson (Bruce Reid Robinson)

Garry Hartstoner (Greggy Hockstetler)

Victoria Bruyen (Valerie Bryant)

James Mortimurl (Joe McGurl)

Austen (Asteck)

Joe Cubsy (Jacob C)

Alexandra Gordo (Anastasia Vigo)

Dillon (Dixon)

Herbert Boyle (brgrho)

Sonny Ferguson (Spunky Foonerism)

Alana (Agata)

Ronnie Hog (Rod Aug)

Warren Yoingan (watchayakan)

Edna Rind (Andrew Nye)

Phoenix Ford (Proposition Phil)

Theodore Jernes (takehomejoke)

Miller Smith (Mister Smart)

Solomon (Skizelo)

May Daveries (Mean Detective)

Carson Kesey (Chanson Kinney)

Bob Zosh of Basset Hound (Bozos of Basketball)

Nicole Cage (Nicolas Rage)

Brodie Drylock (brandondryrock a.k.a B-Drizzle Rock)

Haydn Loing (honlads)

Ninja (Zsinjeh)

Tom Turner (#teamtreese)

Max Doonen (mwn)

Elan Portles (espo12)

Brad Leroys (burdrulz)

Roan Reed (RanRan)

Bev Cootchie (devscoots)

Charlotte Marzipan (Charlie Murphy-Brown)

Horse Cooper Short Order (Corpsefucker Shitlord)

Dr. Oscar Puss (OcterDoctopus)

Antoine Knife (Andy Kneis)

Handjob (A.J.)

Seanothan Blorg (showshowbro)

Vincent Ridgardser Amigo (Velvet Revolver and Nico)

Mia Jarmes 71 (matchgame72)

Frasier (Freja)

Mitchel Banks Auftigs (Michael Bay of Pigs)

Some of these names are crazy tough:

Ronnie Hog

Antoine Knife!

• Like 2

Wagwan is Jamaican for What's up? or What's going on?

There was just a guy Parks and Rec who seemed smart and funny and nice.

jsBjhwS.gif

• Like 13

Another solid ep. Gamergate more like Game...Over!!!

yes....nice...

• Like 4

Ninja (Zsinjeh)

BTBwB7P.gif

• Like 2

I'm not sure I'm more surprised that brgrho actually did that, or that my name is Joe Cubsy.

• Like 4

I don't need excuses, I need GIFS!

You're right, I'm sorry.

q1MMjjv.gif

8ci6V0X.gif

• Like 17