🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 1 - A Denny's Parking Lot

So stoked for this podcast!! Love PFT!!!

His pronunciation of Denny's was absurdly hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. Replayed it about 8 times

I am listening to these ads more than on any other show.

Jesus, Paul, stop it.

Love this new version of the Paulcast.

I propose the fanbase be referred to as "The Nation" and that individual fans be referred to as "natives" or if you're feeling cutesie, "natsies".

• Like 1

WOW! That's an 1h12min eargasm. First of all the material was awesome, as expected. It sounded like they had some musical genius improvise on that awesome material, The classical/cinematic sound gave a really fitting but surrealistic feel for the "drama". I'm very surprised if it's coming from files on a computer.

I have to admit, when I listen to podcasts on a laptop (rather than on the go), I skip the commercials since they're just the same thing episode to episode. But because these commercials were kind of part of the lore, like deleted scenes on a dvd, they had me captivated. Improvised commercial acting should be a bigger thing.

Can't wait for ep #2.

I'm disappointed we never found out what happened to Chance after he decided to go back outside. I hope he's okay.

• Like 4

Dear Paul,

You keep the world a happier place. Thank you for all you do.

Best wishes and good luck with all you do.

• Like 4

I propose the fanbase be referred to as "The Nation" and that individual fans be referred to as "natives" or if you're feeling cutesie, "natsies".

You might want to say 'natsies' out loud.

• Like 7

I love it. This made my day. And the fact that it's ongoing already has made future days brighter!

"Gather 'round, everyone. I'm about to perform some atrocities."

I love you Paul F. Tompkins. Please continue being you forever. I'm sure the rest of my fellow Hellspon (eh? eh?) agree.

Beautiful. I think as comedy fans, we love callbacks, and this format plays to that perfectly!

• Like 1

JV really really really makes me laugh

Yeah, this was my first time hearing her improv outside of a conversational format like NNF and The JV Club, and she killed it all the way through (as did everyone else ofc!)

I was trying so hard not to scream-laugh during work that my forehead started sweating

• Like 6

JV is my FayV

This is seriously amazing. This might be better than the Tompkast.

It also makes me think that every goddamn podcast needs canned PFT laughter in the background because it makes everything amazing.

My only criticism is that it needs a bit more rambles. Rambles are the best.

• Like 3

May I add, unlike Alec Baldwin's cheap phone all the jokes and characters were top-notch?

(Kind of shocked that I don't see anyone else saying this in the iTunes reviews, where the true fans at?)

• Like 1

JV really really really makes me laugh

She gels with the PFT aesthetic REALLY well, especially with the voice she was doing here.

Fantastic stuff top to bottom, including Paul's bonkers ad reads.

• Like 2

Oh yeah. Paul's actual ads make me as happy as Lauren Lapkus's fake ads. They're the closest thing to the between-bit rambles from the Tompkast that this has and that's like a warm hug.

• Like 1

I guess at Earwolf even Paul F. Tompkins has to pay his dues by reading ads for underwear.

Per earlier discussions with CEOs Jeff Ullrich and Adam Sachs, Earwolf hosts maintain veto power over which sponsors appear on their programs, and receive compensation for their ad reads. If Paul didn't want to read an ad for underwear, Paul would not have read an ad for underwear.

• Like 5

I believe a fan(atic) of this show should be called a

"Spontaneanaut"

or, if you want to get fancy, and I think you do, a

"Spontaneaneur/Spontaneaneuse"

Per earlier discussions with CEOs Jeff Ullrich and Adam Sachs, Earwolf hosts maintain veto power over which sponsors appear on their programs, and receive compensation for their ad reads. If Paul didn't want to read an ad for underwear, Paul would not have read an ad for underwear.

I imagine when he saw he had the option of reading an ad for underwear he immediately made it priority one.

• Like 3

Wow! This was alot of fun to listen to. I really like the monologue, interview, improv format with Schletter flourishes throughout.

Great choices for first time guests as well.

At this point I'm convinced I could listen to Matt Gourley do just about anything on mike for an hour.

• Like 5