๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
JulyDiaz

Best of 2015 Pt. 1

I forgot to vote, but I hope the HH episode and that one Paul Rust episode are near the top.

ย 

ย 

HH episode is #12. It was near the top of the bottom section of the countdown, though!

ย 

Holy f'n crap. CBB coming to Australia next year?!

ย 

Scott has said in the past he's wanted to but never had the right offer.

ย 

The real Lin would be so much better (with no disrespect to Kroll, who I also love!). Lin is funny on his own and I can only imagine the showtune singing that would occur if he was on with Ben Schwartz and Scott...

Lin-Manuel Miranda, Amy Poehler, and Neil Campbell: the Freestyle Rap Battle of Doom

• Like 4

I voted for The Wedding of Gilly and Garry, but I would have voted for it like ten more times if I would have remembered Gilly's wedding song and the "With this ring, I thee web" run.

• Like 6

Lately it seems Scott has really been restraining himself on the "It's been while", well they both must have been held it as long as they possibly could because they more than make up for it in this Best Of.

• Like 5

Oh man, I look forward to these every year (OK, this is only the second year since I started listening, but still.) I love Paul and Scott's riffing, and as fun as it is with Paul's characters, it's a special treat when he's himself. I was hoping for a cantina theme, and only had to wait one minute! The return of so many running gags we haven't heard from in a while, Technicality no down boo over, been awhile, how the bread is made, the widow Kulap, those miserly crones Mildred and Patty, making everything an acronym for no reason!

ย 

I was rooting for "Is Y'all my Daddy" as an underdog episode, didn't see many others talking about it. I remember thinking (and tweeting) "Best Episode Ever" when it came out. Disappointed it just missed out on the list!

The "It's Been A While" quota has been fulfilled. Called me sated.

ย 

S'been fulfilled!

• Like 8

Why the fuck do we live in a world where there isn't a buddy comedy film starring Scott and Paul? I'm sick of it.

ย 

I guess the Best Ofs will do, for now.

• Like 2

ย 

Yeah obviously this is opinion, but I think what "Hamilton" has become is far too big for Lin to come on CBB, and I would also assume Scott wouldn't even consider that a possibility

ย 

Well, he agreed to do it on Twitter, so I'm pretty sure that's legally binding.

ย 

• Like 6

Part of me wants to cut together just the Paul and Scott segments to listen to at a later date. So much good stuff.

ย 

I didn't vote for the HH episode but it's a good one. I forgot how much I laughed during that script reading. I'm surprised Gilly's episode wasn't higher- like top 5. Colin Hay was so great in it and dare I say that the version of Next Year People is beautiful.

• Like 5

2 minutes in and we get the Cantina song as a reggae version? Dis' gonna be good.

ย 

Listening to this again, it seems like Paul had it in his mind that the SECOND Scott made a Star Wars reference, he was going to bust it out. Which is awesome.

• Like 5

do people know about this? I must have originally found this link on this forum somewhere, but I can't remember. Anyway, here it is again...

ย 

• Like 11

That new Star Trek trailer looks awful, people weren't booing it because they were Star Wars fans or something

ย 

I think we can all admit that they both suck, without losing nerd cred.

ย 

Sure, they're both great for dressing up in nerdface and making the cover of this month's Geek Chic, but my God are they both recycled nostalgic bullshit.

Yesterday I finally got to see Star Wars and my mind was blown when Benny Schwaz and Bill hader appeared in the credits as "BB-8 Voice Consultants"

ย 

post-19567-0-21541800-1450820570_thumb.jpg

ย 

http://www.imdb.com/...ef_=tt_ov_st_sm

• Like 3

do people know about this? I must have originally found this link on this forum somewhere, but I can't remember. Anyway, here it is again...

ย 

ย 

I hadn't, thanks for sharing. Beautiful!

• Like 3

I am equal parts looking forward to and dreading what Scott and Paul do for NOT F&P 4. Dreading because I don't know how much it will ruin my emotional state.

• Like 5