Jump to content

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, RyanSz said:

Hey not for nothing, but this movie has a higher Rotten Tomatoes score than both of the first two films combined at 67%. Granted the first film was 60% and the second film is sitting at a luxurious 0%, but it's still higher.

I just finished watching it and while I wouldn't say it is better than the first film, it isn't really any worse. It is VERY low budget, made in South Africa apparently, but the script is surprisingly strong and I actually found myself giving a shit about some of the characters and what happens to them. There are even a couple of pleasant surprises. I literally don't remember anything about the second one and I only saw it a month or two ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/16/2020 at 8:07 PM, theworstbuddhist said:

I just finished watching it and while I wouldn't say it is better than the first film, it isn't really any worse. It is VERY low budget, made in South Africa apparently, but the script is surprisingly strong and I actually found myself giving a shit about some of the characters and what happens to them. There are even a couple of pleasant surprises. I literally don't remember anything about the second one and I only saw it a month or two ago.

I have seen that on Amazon, I think? Will have to watch it on a night when I don’t want to have to actively think about anything. Which could be very soon!

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/30/2020 at 10:04 PM, Omaxem said:

 

I'll trepeat and say that I thought Palm Springs was a delight and much better than what it sounded like just by reading the synopsis. 

 

On a very different register, I saw Relic and it really hit me hard. It's not perfect, it's not horror in the traditional sense ( more high fantasy IMO ), but it handles a very difficult situation in what I thought was a very sensitive and realistic manner. Emily Mortimer ( my bones! ) is as great as ever, and the two other actresses in the film are incredible also.

I just watched that the other night. I just got an urge to watch weird art house horror movies and support them onVOD. I watched Relic and I’ll Die Tomorrow, the directorial debut of Amy Seimetz. I liked them both, although they’re not exactly fun COVID-era viewing.

Truth be told, I’m still 1/2 hour from the end of I’ll Die Tomorrow, so I don’t know how it ends yet, but I doubt that it will be happy. Although the film is fucking weird, so who knows?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I know it's not a movie but of all of the announced Marvel shows set for Disney+, this might be the one I am most excited outside of the What If...? cartoon. Looks to be a real nice mix of the Tom King Vision series and Avengers Disassembled/House of M.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, RyanSz said:

I know it's not a movie but of all of the announced Marvel shows set for Disney+, this might be the one I am most excited outside of the What If...? cartoon. Looks to be a real nice mix of the Tom King Vision series and Avengers Disassembled/House of M.

 

Yeah. I love how weird Marvel gets sometimes. The Vision comic series written by King is pretty amazing and dark. Apparently they're also doing a Hawkeye series based on the excellent Fraction/Aja series.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Yeah. I love how weird Marvel gets sometimes. The Vision comic series written by King is pretty amazing and dark. Apparently they're also doing a Hawkeye series based on the excellent Fraction/Aja series.

Yeah they have been looking at Hailee Steinfeld for Kate Bishop but nothing has been confirmed yet, which would be a great choice in the same way as Tatiana Maslany is cast now for She Hulk. So long as they just stick to the Fraction end of the Hawkeye series and stay away from the mediocre at best Jeff Lemire volumes that ended it, it should be great, With Wandavision I am really looking forward to what many fans are assuming is going to be the entry point for bringing the previously Fox owned Marvel characters into the MCU, since Scarlet Witch is supposed to be a big part of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which seems like the best option for trying to incorporate characters like the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool into the MCU.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, RyanSz said:

Yeah they have been looking at Hailee Steinfeld for Kate Bishop but nothing has been confirmed yet, which would be a great choice in the same way as Tatiana Maslany is cast now for She Hulk. So long as they just stick to the Fraction end of the Hawkeye series and stay away from the mediocre at best Jeff Lemire volumes that ended it, it should be great, With Wandavision I am really looking forward to what many fans are assuming is going to be the entry point for bringing the previously Fox owned Marvel characters into the MCU, since Scarlet Witch is supposed to be a big part of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which seems like the best option for trying to incorporate characters like the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool into the MCU.

Yeah, I’ve read speculation that they will introduce the FF by having them emerge from the multiverse and/or microverse after being in there for one of Reed’s experiments having missed decades of time, the way Ant-Man misses all of “the snap”. Maybe instead of “no more mutants” they have Wanda say “hey, where’s all the mutants?”

Share this post


Link to post

So the new trailer for Archenemy is out and it is definitely Paul in the movie, no mistaking his voice.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, RyanSz said:

So the new trailer for Archenemy is out and it is definitely Paul in the movie, no mistaking his voice.

 

That's all well and good, but is Jason still in The Dictator?

Share this post


Link to post

Totally Not Predator, starring ( ? ) Nicholas Cage, who will either be there for the whole film or like 5 minutes tops.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×