🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays--Week 3--Tommy

Also, are we to believe that in this world pinball is a broadcast TV sport?

Maybe not every match--just the title bouts. I would watch. I wanna see them crazy flipper fingers.

• Like 2

Maybe not every match--just the title bouts. I would watch. I wanna see them crazy flipper fingers.

And the outfits.

• Like 1

I mentioned early and I stand by the fact that this movie doesn't know any subtly when it comes to metaphors and images. However, I was thinking about Tommy's cult and their cross with a pinball on it. Now, call me crazy here but is it more than just a cross with a pinball on it? Is the T part of the cross suppose to be a pinball plunger? Am I giving them too much credit for this?

• Like 2

Has anyone found them self's still hearing some of the songs from Tommy? the term for that is called "Earworm"

If so what song do you got dancing around in your head?

For me it's "Uncle Ernie" I got Ann Margaret saying do you think it's all right.

I love musicals and have been listening to the soundtracks of every one we've watched so far (and the ones I've watched this year on my own). But I could live the rest of my life without hearing a song from this movie again and be perfectly happy with my choice.

I love musicals and have been listening to the soundtracks of every one we've watched so far (and the ones I've watched this year on my own). But I could live the rest of my life without hearing a song from this movie again and be perfectly happy with my choice.

Speak for yourself but Cameron H.has recommened to me and I can't wait to see it Quadrophenia. that's got sting in it and The Who.

What was your choice again?

Please don't trash "The Who" anymore or I'll make you watch "The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle" LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxt02xqlhVo

watch for nancys face. that is some messed up shit.

and I love the Sex Pistols but it is fucking bad. still don't be-leave

This is the film that gives us

Mind you

While I am on pins and needles waiting to hear what Taylor Anne has in store for us, I just wanted to thank you Tom for the Tommy pick. While pretty much everyone hated it, I think we got a pretty good conversation out of it. So...thank you!

10033-Zac-Efron-Kiss.gif?1

• Like 5

While I am on pins and needles waiting to hear what Taylor Anne has in store for us, I just wanted to thank you Tom for the Tommy pick. While pretty much everyone hated it, I think we got a pretty good conversation out of it. So...thank you!

10033-Zac-Efron-Kiss.gif?1

Definitely agree. I know I shit on it pretty hard, but I enjoyed the conversation!

• Like 4

I'm glad I saw it even though I didn't like the movie. I liked most of the music so that's a plus. I've been singing Pinball Wizard all week. I'm looking forward to a new movie and a new but equally enjoyable conversation.

• Like 3

Please don't trash "The Who" anymore or I'll make you watch "The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle" LOL

I would like to clear up something, i just noticed here. I was talking about the band not the movie. I still like the who, even if Tommy didn't age well in time. i still think they are a good band and have great memory's of learning to play guitar because of them.

Has Quadrophenia jumped the shark when it appears on PBS?

http://petetownshend...remieres-on-pbs

I woudn't say that, that's what PBS is for, it's public television but it's sort of gone wrong in that it's programming department more focused on marketed towards white middle class people and doesn't really seem really reflect to really ever show programming to other ethnic minority's. When is the last time you ever seen Hyp-Hop music on PBS? Like it or not that type of music has just as much a right to be on PBS as Willie Nelson.we have the same problem here i Canada with the CBC,they are Tax payer paid public television. The only networks that sort of got it right was the BBC They have more then one channel and they play programming that is marketed at all sorts of groups and people and interests. they really try not to be middle of the road white people programming. and some of the programming that is coming into there markets such as "black mirror" and "Sherlock" are great.