🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 10 High School Musical 1 & 2...maybe 3

Also, the University of Albuquerque shut down in 1986.

They've been accepted to ghoooost universityyyyyy...

SPIN OFF IDEA: Scooby Doo meets High School Musical: the Mystery of the Haunted Redhawk

• Like 7

I've also auditioned for Juilliard. That's not how you get in. (hint: it's stupidly hard to get in, they don't send scouts to watch high school shows)

I was thinking the same thing. Kelsi says "they got my letter?" regarding her application to Julliard. Girl, send that shit by certified mail.

PS - Two people from my graduating class were accepted to Julliard, but not for drama.

• Like 3

PS - Two people from my graduating class were accepted to Julliard, but not for drama.

Tell me they were auditioned by rando people holding clipboards who just showed up at your school one afternoon for an hour.

• Like 5

Tell me they were auditioned by rando people holding clipboards who just showed up at your school one afternoon for an hour.

No, they were walking down the street and a scout stopped them to marvel at their limber fingers (they were both pianists).

• Like 4

No, they were walking down the street and a scout stopped them to marvel at their limber fingers (they were both pianists).

tenor.gif

• Like 8

In HSM3, Sharpay looked so different to me. Turns out she had a rhinoplasty between HSM2 and HSM3. Not snarking on plastic surgery. A nose job really changes a face, huh.

Weird. I didn't notice a huge change in Sharpay, but to be honest, I quickly lost interest in HSM 3, so I was on my phone a lot during that movie.

BUT, she's the only one that looks the same between HSM and HSM 2. And HSM 2 is supposed to take place pretty closely after the first. But ALL of the cast (except Sharpay) looks way older. But that's not really the movie's fault; these movies were released a year apart, and teenagers change quickly.

The biggest change, though, is Chad in HSM 3. I had to IMDb it to be sure it was still Corbin Bleu. He looks like a completely different person between the first two and the last movies (part of that is because he and Efron both started beefing up in 2, and they're both noticeably more muscular by 3)

• Like 4

Plus, while they were shooting the first movie, the actors were all throwaway, no-name, nothing Disney factory meat puppets filming something they figured no one would ever see. By the second movie they were bona-fide teen idols, and the lingering camera angles and hugely expanded background ensemble reflected that. By number three, they were snorting meth with thousand dollar bills, they didn't care anymore.

• Like 4

Weird. I didn't notice a huge change in Sharpay, but to be honest, I quickly lost interest in HSM 3, so I was on my phone a lot during that movie.

Tbh, Sharpay is my favorite character and I probably pay extra attention to her when she's on screen.

• Like 5

Plus, while they were shooting the first movie, the actors were all throwaway, no-name, nothing Disney factory meat puppets filming something they figured no one would ever see. By the second movie they were bona-fide teen idols, and the lingering camera angles and hugely expanded background ensemble reflected that. By number three, they were snorting meth with thousand dollar bills, they didn't care anymore.

I think it's in 2 where they have a shirtless scene for Efron just to show "Hey! He's got abs now!"

• Like 3

So...I start watching HSM2 and you guys just move right on to 3. Great.

• Like 7

Tbh, Sharpay is my favorite character and I probably pay extra attention to her when she's on screen.

Sooo is this your way of telling us your HSM analog?

So...I start watching HSM2 and you guys just move right on to 3. Great.

Come on, Cameron!

635928276945885338-2083708056_635928276940104730-450691465_high-school-musical-getcha-head-in-the-game.gif

• Like 6

I'm basically live tweeting HSM3 in here, but boy am I glad I graduated HS long after promposals were a thing.

Sooo is this your way of telling us your HSM analog?

That would make me Zeke, I think.

• Like 5

That would make me Zeke, I think.

get-out-of-here-gif.gif

Ain't one of us cool enough to be a Zeke. OR a Kelsi!

• Like 6

But, I've got a creme brulee torch...

• Like 6

But, I've got a creme brulee torch...

I'm sure the East High has no problem with him bringing that to school...

• Like 5

Am I stretching too much to think that this song:

is the equivalent to this song?:

Life is a High School Musical

Life is a Cabaret

• Like 3

get-out-of-here-gif.gif

I kind of picture Taylor as a Kelsi. But that's because I couldn't really match her to any of the other characters, and Kelsi seemed the closest.

• Like 4

is the equivalent to this song?:

Life is a High School Musical

Life is a Cabaret

To match the meter, shouldn't it be...

Life is a musicale, old chum

Come to the musicaaaaalllle

(pronounced like Darbus, of course)

• Like 5

HSM3 - Boys are back - WTF am I watching here? Is this what doing meth is like?

• Like 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDFFu1bxGQ

I like how the first thing Troy does is throw Gabriella right in the garbage and immediately throws his arms around Chad.

(I didn't listen any further than that...)

• Like 4

HomoEROTIC meth

• Like 5

I've said 'fuck it' and added HSM2 and 3 to my letterboxd MM list.

(newbs to the thread who aren't on letterboxd: the main conversation's usually happening over there)

• Like 4

No. This is what meth is like...

tumblr_m8rt5meREC1qcnmato1_250.gif

98t3lw.jpg

(those pictures are just two years apart.)

• Like 5