🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 10 High School Musical 1 & 2...maybe 3

So...I start watching HSM2 and you guys just move right on to 3. Great.

you rated HSM 2 on letterboxd before you finished watching?

• Like 4

(newbs to the thread who aren't on letterboxd: the main conversation's usually happening over there)

Yeah, come fight about stupid shit like Indiana Jones and Jurassic World with us!

• Like 6

Yeah, come fight about stupid incredibly important shit like Indiana Jones and Jurassic World with us!

ftfy

• Like 5

you rated HSM 2 on letterboxd before you finished watching?

I'm sorry. I have 27 minutes left. Does it suddenly become transcendent?

• Like 5

Yeah, come fight about stupid shit like Indiana Jones and Jurassic World with us!

Did you just imply Indiana Jones is stupid shit? Them's fightin' words.

• Like 5

Did you just imply Indiana Jones is stupid shit? Them's fightin' words.

Nah, but Short Round is....

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I kind of picture Taylor as a Kelsi. But that's because I couldn't really match her to any of the other characters, and Kelsi seemed the closest.

This makes up for all the Marks y'all shoved at me during the Rent talk.

• Like 7

I was going to say something in that thread, but it seemed to get a little heated. So I didn't.

200.gif#406-grid1

I'm sorry. I have 27 minutes left. Does it suddenly become transcendent?

No but Efron's number/scene prancing in the golf course deserves a star on it's own.

• Like 6

No but Efron's scene prancing in the golf course deserves a star on it's own.

We'll see...

• Like 2

I was going to say something in that thread, but it seemed to get a little heated. So I didn't.

Chicken+McFly-BTTF.gif

• Like 6

Nah, but Short Round is....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Aww, you should have. It's all just for fun.

• Like 6

This makes up for all the Marks y'all shoved at me during the Rent talk.

1421687101834.gif

• Like 5

Aww, you should have. It's all just for fun.

I do want to stress that really hard, though. We know each other pretty well at this point, and sometimes conversations might get a bit intense (and I can often be the one to take it to that place). But there's never any real animosity. And even when things do get intense, there's never any real animosity (unless y'all have a PM thread about what an asshole I am that I don't know about :) ) because we're really all just passionate about movies and enjoy discussing them.

• Like 5

I do want to stress that really hard, though. We know each other pretty well at this point, and sometimes conversations might get a bit intense (and I can often be the one to take it to that place). But there's never any real animosity. And even when things do get intense, there's never any real animosity (unless y'all have a PM thread about what an asshole I am that I don't know about :) ) because we're really all just passionate about movies and enjoy discussing them.

Not me. I hate everyone.

• Like 6

I get that. I did not want to additionally "gang" up on you about Crystal Skull vs. the Pratt Jurassic even though I know it's all in fun / no one is seriously mad (as far as I know..)

I really did not like Crystal Skull, but did only see it the once in theaters. But I do think maybe it deserves a rewatch.

I love Jurassic Park, but did enjoy Jurassic World (I do like me some Chris Pratt though...so maybe that's a major reason why I enjoyed it).

• Like 5

I'm having real troubles listening to Troy bitch about paying for college in his big, beautiful house...

• Like 5

So jaded

So unrepentant.

I really did not like Crystal Skull, but did only see it the once in theaters. But I do think maybe it deserves a rewatch.

I love the Jurassic Park, but did enjoy Jurassic World (I do like me some Chris Pratt though...so maybe that's a major reason why I enjoyed it).

Correct.

• Like 6

HSM 2 is ridiculous! Troy has done absolutely nothing wrong! Well, except for getting jealous of Ryan. That's just stupid.

And HSM Taylor is nothing but an instigator.

• Like 5

HSM 2 is ridiculous! Troy has done absolutely nothing wrong! Well, except for getting jealous of Ryan. That's just stupid.

And HSM Taylor is nothing but an instigator.

He did flake on them a couple of times, which I could see being irritated by. But yes, there's nothing that should draw the level of ire he's getting from everyone else.

Petty.

Ass.

Reasons.

• Like 6

He did flake on them a couple of times, which I could see being irritated by. But yes, there's nothing that should draw the level of ire he's getting from everyone else.

Petty.

Ass.

Reasons.

He is being offered an amazing opportunity! They're just holding him back!

• Like 4

So, you folks who have seen three...does Gabriella sing a wistful song as she leans against lockers and is there a scene where Troy is so upset that he can't make a jump shot? I'm starting to sense a formula...

• Like 3

He is being offered an amazing opportunity! They're just holding him back!

Yeah, but the moment when Chad brings Troy his burger and Troy says, 'oh, by the way', and Chad's little face lights up because he thinks he'll be able to shake the hand of this college basketball hero, only to then be told 'i wanted swiss cheese on my burger'...

That's a fucking war crime right there. I hated that moment so much: introducing dude to your friend who also loves basketball would take no effort and wouldn't ruin your own chances (and let's not get into preppy white kid treating his African-American waiter like some kind of piece of shit on his shoe) - that was fucking cold.

I would have been pissed about that too. Later, they say 'hey, we'd love to shoot hoops at the haunted university too' and he's all, like, no man, I own the haunted university, step off.

Troy is cockblocking the other Wildcats because he knows he's wildly overrated as a baller and he's worried, like, Jason will steal his scholarship. That's the truth.

• Like 5