🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 34 — The Adventures of Pluto Nash

St. Clair is an unstoppable force. The St. Clair-Mantzoukas dynamic is 100% spin-offable in pretty much any direction, probably a feature film? Or at least more podcasts involving both Jason and Jessica in the same room.

I'll just add: I'm a faithful listener, though I NEVER watch the movies. I love every show, but I gotta say that not watching the movie in question has never mattered less than in this episode. I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't feel like I had ANY less information than anyone on the show.

Thought I'd get out of watching this but managed to dig up a purloined copy...I think there were a TON of intended jokes but not a single one that got even a grin out of me. Quaid might've gotten the closest. The fact this bombed so bad somewhat restores my faith in humanity until Sandler's next one does well at the BO....Interesting to note that while the director managed to go into television, this was apparently the last thing the writer every did in Hollywood.

Has anyone seen how much "John Carter" is actually making? I did pretty badly over here, but it looks like it's cleaning up overseas, so good for them, I guess. The point I want to make is that "Pluto Nash" still holds the distinction of being the biggest space flop of all, so none of this "It's known for losing the most money UNTIL..." crap. It's special, like in the "gets all the great parking spots" sense.

Titan AE was pure garbage. That movie was an unholy nightmare, and I hated myself for weeks after I went and saw it.

It reminded me of that crappy TV series Invasion America, and all the trailers had that horrible Creed song.

I got kinda sad when they referenced Howard The Duck.....I kinda liked that movie lol. Granted the storyline/plot are way out there i still found it entertaining. I had my wife send it to me when on dvd (yes they put it on dvd) when i was in iraq. but other than that i have to totally agree with their assessment of this movie lol im not sure i finished it and i have no plans to do so if i didnt lmao.

I got kinda sad when they referenced Howard The Duck.....I kinda liked that movie lol. Granted the storyline/plot are way out there i still found it entertaining. I had my wife send it to me when on dvd (yes they put it on dvd) when i was in iraq. but other than that i have to totally agree with their assessment of this movie lol im not sure i finished it and i have no plans to do so if i didnt lmao.

Boy, did I hate Howard the Duck when I was a kid. That was all I needed to hear to understand this movie.

Anybody catch the Stern Show reference from Jason at minute 28:45?

He drops Ronnie The Limo Driver's newest catchphrase...'Whoa, whoa, whoa...stop the clock'

Even though Ronnie intentionally came up with this catchphrase as a goof it's still sweeping the Stern listening nation.

I think the first thing Paul says in this episode sums my feelings, "how do you classify this film?". It's not really much of anything. It's just bland. It wasn't that bad, and it was far from being good, it just sort of exists.

Also, how did this thing cost $100 million? I am confounded.

Totally late to the party here, but I've been ill and am catching up on stuff. With regards to the terrible kissing between Eddie and Rosario; does anyone remember the horrifyingly awkward "love" scenes from The Golden Child? (It was just on one of my local stations.) The only moves Eddie has are the smirk and the "heh heh heh," neither of which are sexy. And if I think back to the movies he's been in, has he ever done a romantic scene?

I remember seeing a teaser trailer for "Titan A.E." in the summer of '99, probably before Star Wars or something, and I think all it was was a ship flying through space, accompanied by a voiceover. Couldn't tell if it was animated, live action, or what. Anyway, at the end of the trailer, I heard a guy in my theater say "THAT is going to be a great movie" pretty loudly, and without a hint of sarcasm, to whoever he was sitting with. It was then that I knew that I'd finally found the person that had actually paid to see "Wing Commander" earlier that same year.

I remember it because it was the first movie trailer for a movie in the new millennium, which is way more memorable than that whole shitty movie.

My one complaint with the show is that they didn't talk about the fact that Randy Quaid-Bot was 63 YEARS OLD! WHY WOULD ANYONE INVENT ROBOTS THAT AGE? DEBUNKED!

But I think that's a testament to how completely, mind-shatteringly confusing this movie was. I loved that even when there were only 30 seconds left in the show the gang was STILL uncovering plot holes. They really captured the infuriating anger that results from watching this movie. And the guests were great. Love St. Claire.

They did get into this, though. Quaid was 'a '63', not 63 years old. As in, he was made in 2063. I think Lennon brought up the fact that we never see any more of his model, and it was explained that Eddie Murphy kept him around because he had '20 years of secrets', so presumably all the other Randy Quaid robots were retired. Why they made the robot look old in the first place is a real mystery...

Sign in to follow this