🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 104 Preview (Graham S.' Pick)

I wanted to pick a good Halloween-themed movie with an emphasis on the soundtrack, so I went with... The Guest (I don’t think we’ve done it, or at least I didn’t see it on Cameron’s Letterboxed list)!

it’s unfortunately rental-only, as far as I can tell, so if people object to that (which I totally get, given our national shitshow) I can come up with choices that are more widely available (my second choice would be Us, but again that’s only on HBO).

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

I wanted to pick a good Halloween-themed movie with an emphasis on the soundtrack, so I went with... The Guest (I don’t think we’ve done it, or at least I didn’t see it on Cameron’s Letterboxed list)!

it’s unfortunately rental-only, as far as I can tell, so if people object to that (which I totally get, given our national shitshow) I can come up with choices that are more widely available (my second choice would be Us, but again that’s only on HBO).

Which The Guest is this? With Dan Stevens?

nm - I guess that’s the only one. It looks like it’s on Netflix.

• Like 1

Just now, Cameron H. said:

It's called THE Guest, not A Guest!  There can be only one. 🙂

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

It's widely available in the States.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

nm - I guess that’s the only one. It looks like it’s on Netflix.

There might be other guests, but that’s the one I’m talking about! He’s kind of a psycho, so watch out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

I Hate It But I Love It did this early on I've been intruded by it ever since! 

Intruded by it in a good or bad way? I🤔🧟‍♂️

I'll do Kast showings on Thursday and Friday night, both at 9 Eastern.  I can't do the weekend because I'm on call for work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

Intruded by it in a good or bad way? I🤔🧟‍♂️

Good I think? I'm very much a scaredy cat and don't do thrillers or horror unless its with other people or for a group thing. So I now have a reason I can watch it

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I'll do Kast showings on Thursday and Friday night, both at 9 Eastern.  I can't do the weekend because I'm on call for work.

I have used Kast once awhile ago, but how does it work again? I have the app on my computer. Do you send a link out to the group?

And which evening are people planning on? Just curious.😁 

Shit, the smiley face didn’t turn into a creepy emoji.👻👻👻🤬🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️👽👽💩💩💩

13 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

I have used Kast once awhile ago, but how does it work again? I have the app on my computer. Do you send a link out to the group?

You have to be friends with the admin or at least invited to the group.  Let me know what your ID is and I'll send a friend invite.  I try to send a room link about 15 minutes before the movie time.  I don't think the link changes each time but you can't enter until I open the room.

You can also create your own room for your own shows.  It's the sharing that gets tricky.  I have found using Google Chrome works best for me.  There's a Chrome extension to share browser tabs with Kast.  When you start sharing in the room make sure to click "Share audio" in the bottom of the window before you click what you want to share.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2020 at 7:19 AM, Cinco DeNio said:

You have to be friends with the admin or at least invited to the group.  Let me know what your ID is and I'll send a friend invite.  I try to send a room link about 15 minutes before the movie time.  I don't think the link changes each time but you can't enter until I open the room.

You can also create your own room for your own shows.  It's the sharing that gets tricky.  I have found using Google Chrome works best for me.  There's a Chrome extension to share browser tabs with Kast.  When you start sharing in the room make sure to click "Share audio" in the bottom of the window before you click what you want to share.

I left you a message on your profile page, but given my general ignorance of how reliably information is conveyed on the interwebs, I’ll repeat myself. My Kast name is SuperGraham (a somewhat dorky reference to first grade alter ego). Let me know if you need more information!

14 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

I left you a message on your profile page, but given my general ignorance of how reliably information is conveyed on the interwebs, I’ll repeat myself. My Kast name is SuperGraham (a somewhat dorky reference to first grade alter ego). Let me know if you need more information!

I just opened the room.  Going to try sharing a few things to see if I can get anything else working.

21 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

I invited you to the room and sent you a friend request.  The CincoDeNio1 account is the one that controls the HDTGM room.  The other accounts are so I can log on with other devices and make sure the streaming is going well.

22 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I invited you to the room and sent you a friend request.  The CincoDeNio1 account is the one that controls the HDTGM room.  The other accounts are so I can log on with other devices and make sure the streaming is going well.

Thanks for popping in and making sure everything was set up and ready to go for tomorrow.  See you then!

7 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Thanks for popping in and making sure everything was set up and ready to go for tomorrow.  See you then!

No problem, thank you!