🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 283 — The 5th Anniversary Show!

Liked the slam on fEARl . for those who don't remember, engineer dustin was an engineer at Earwolf for some time before leaving and starting competing podcast network feral audio. I'm not saying it was a complete betrayal, but he did admit to cutting cocaine on plastic cd cases and snorting it off of them in high school on a long ago episode of two charted.

People go their separate ways all the time. It was during subsequent interviews, wherein Dustin literally and unironically likened Earwolf to the Gestapo, that I realized he is an insufferable dickbag.

• Like 1

People go their separate ways all the time. It was during subsequent interviews, wherein Dustin literally and unironically likened Earwolf to the Gestapo, that I realized he is an insufferable dickbag.

Would like to hear this

Would like to hear this

You honestly don't, I listened to his interview on a podcast about podcasting and it just seemed like made up drivel and talking like him starting his new company was the most noble thing anyone has ever done

• Like 1

This was amazing! Guna have this one on repeat in my head till I die, o and then when I die and I am in the grave im guna have a ipod with this episode playing on repeat for my dead body to also enjoy. Also guna have that ipod hooked up to some kind of battery that will never die

• Like 2

You honestly don't, I listened to his interview on a podcast about podcasting and it just seemed like made up drivel and talking like him starting his new company was the most noble thing anyone has ever done

i don't know about any of this shit, it seems like a bunch of petty nonsense that as fans you're better off not worry about. I don't know the full story and i don't know which interview you all are talking about, i heard him on the duncan trussell family hour, and he didn't come off like he was trying to talk shit on earwolf, he said some shit that wasn't really that positive about his experience working there but it didn't seem like he was trying to take them down, just that he wasnt into the way they do things and left to create feral with a different way of doing things. plus his experience is formed by working iwth earwolf in the really early days so it's entirely possible things have gotten better, it clearly doesn't affect the product they put out, earwolf and feral are my two favorite podcast networks ,all of my favorite podcasts are put out by them, getting all partisan and shit is only going to limit the cool shit you'll experience.

if there is a feud, which i dont really think there is, it shouldn't matter to you anyway, it's like the scharpling/PFT thing, only fucking idiots picked a side and lost the greatness of both. stop dragging this tabloid TMZ shit into the comedy world, it's fucking lame

• Like 5

i don't know about any of this shit, it seems like a bunch of petty nonsense that as fans you're better off not worry about. I don't know the full story and i don't know which interview you all are talking about, i heard him on the duncan trussell family hour, and he didn't come off like he was trying to talk shit on earwolf, he said some shit that wasn't really that positive about his experience working there but it didn't seem like he was trying to take them down, just that he wasnt into the way they do things and left to create feral with a different way of doing things. plus his experience is formed by working iwth earwolf in the really early days so it's entirely possible things have gotten better, it clearly doesn't affect the product they put out, earwolf and feral are my two favorite podcast networks ,all of my favorite podcasts are put out by them, getting all partisan and shit is only going to limit the cool shit you'll experience.

if there is a feud, which i dont really think there is, it shouldn't matter to you anyway, it's like the scharpling/PFT thing, only fucking idiots picked a side and lost the greatness of both. stop dragging this tabloid TMZ shit into the comedy world, it's fucking lame

Seconded.

Sorry guys, that's my bad. I wasn't trying to stir up anything. I was just unaware that people had such strong feelings about it in either direction.

Talking about previous engineers, does anyone know what happened to Engineer Doug? I've never been able to Google my way to an answer as to why he left.

The closing sentiment-off was one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed human beings do.

I want to stitch some of those on a pillow but I can decide which one.... (actually I bolded my favorites)

If you see a cat and it looks lonely it's probably wondering 'where's the milk?'

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere as long as it ain't rainin' in your heart.

What do you do if you lost your favorite glasses? Start seeing with your eyes.

Keep your face to the grindstone and your feet stompin' them grapes.

If you're driving a car but it feels like a video game, it probably is.

You can shoot yourself in the foot, but don't foot yourself on a shoot

If you're trying to take a selfie but you can't, you probably don't know yourself.

Turn that smile upside down you summbitch.

If you're rolling a tire it's because it's olden times and you only have a tire to play with.

You can freeze a food and you can freeze a disembodied head, but you can't freeze a disembodied head of your food.

If you one time ate a carrot but the next time it looked like a zucchini, you're confused.

Life is like a box of chocolates, make sure you break everything in half before you eat something.

If you gave a gift and they didn't like it, maybe they didn't receive it.

A gentleman always asks, and a lady always tells.

If it's raining, open your umbrella. If the rain is still comes through you got a problem.

God never closes a door. You did it, you was sleepwalkin'.

If you're trying to sneak out, go through the window. Unless your dad looks in the window all the time.

Even a broken clock don't work all day long.

If you've ever littered it's because you don't respect the planet Earth.

Look at the moon, look at the stars, look all around you. You're on Earth.

If you're dead and you don't see God it's cause you don't believe in him. You're an atheist.

Who can explain why a banana fits perfectly in a human hand? Our dark lord Satan.

If the devil wears Prada does the angel wear Chanel?

• Like 12

Holy shit...The first half of this was great, but starting with PFT's entrance, it was absolute next-level AMAZING. I was laughing almost non-stop the entire time. Episode of the Year for me, hands down. The senitment-off somehow caught me by surprise, and just hearing everyone crack up in the background was so much fun.

I'm excited for the Birthday Womptacular live from the 6 Flags in New Jersey featuring celebrity guest Gillian Jacobs

That's Gillian Bellows Jacobs, thank you very much.

Those sentiment-offs are mind-bogglingly funny. One of my all-time favorite features on SNL is "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey," and these Reardon-Stillwater non-sequitur duels crack me up in the same way.

• Like 3

Absolutely great episode. The Christmas Spectaculars and Anniversaries always raise the bar.

I really hope Gillian can make it to Wompler's party. That would be the greatest.

Lapkus is in a zone right now. She's hitting high notes that maybe only a half-dozen CBB performers have hit in the last five years. If you took the mind of a 27-year-old guy and added the voice of a 2-year-old toddler and put that in the body of a 17-year-old girl, you have Tracy Reardon. She's crushing it and only better judgment is keeping me from wanting her on every week. To get a dose of Reardon three times per year would be just perfect. This was her best appearance yet, and that's saying something. I'm going back and re-listening to every Tracy Reardon appearance starting right now.

• Like 3

Traci Rearden has slowly but surely stolen my podcast heart to become one of my favourite characs. Lapkus can hold her own with anyone and it makes me happier than Pharrell to hear her do her thing.

Everyone else was on form too. I'd claimed elsewhere, skulking around like a backstabbing dog, that the Bachelor Brothers had done their dash with me after their last appearance, but this time they were money. Beautiful, dirty money.

Ku and Wie still seem to be on good terms with him so surely he can't be a total write-off.

• Like 1

I've heard this three times already and I laugh harder with each listen. From Wompler & Listler to the Bachelor Boys, this anniverssary episode was epic; solid but just coming under the 4th anni as well. This truly was a murderer's row of improv talent. Three of my favorite all time CBB guests in one show! PFT! Lapkus! *swoon* St. Clair *double swoon* Oh, I was on heaven! These are the episodes that you NEED TO SEE ON VPN! I know Earwolf's in hiatus with that but that deserved to be viewed live just to see everyone's faces as they're having a good time.

Womp it up for another 5 more years and beyond CBB and Earwolf!

tumblr_inline_mpgvzrrUB61qz4rgp.gif

• Like 2