🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 140 — Scotty Boy, My Special Boy

I loved this episode SO much, Yes, it wasn't your typical Who Charted (much like last week's Two Charted), but it was still a great listen and I laughed and smiled throughout. I thought Armen's uncomfortable demeanor really made it for me.

That was a fun one with Armen as 'co-host' when Scott was more of one. Armen brought some weird, bizarro-Kremer-ishness to his side of things on the 'expressing coherent thoughts' spectrum. Scott brought some CBB in with his guest/co-hosting duties (tagging all the themes with 'bro' at the end was very funny).

Both Armen and April did a good job as guest co-hosts on Whooch, bringing their comedic sensibilities to the show, and fleshing out Howard's and Kulap's respective worlds (April meeting Howard every Sunday for a meal, Armen dog-sitting [hilarious, btw], etc). They did fine at entertaining my ears, and both episodes made me miss the respective regular hosts of Who Charted?

Considering this was hot on the heels of Kulap out for her documentary stuff, and Howard out for his show stuff (and MISSING THE PHISH SHOW, *gasp*), it was a perfect leveler of the Who Charted? playing field.

Podcasts, people. Jump into them.

• Like 5

Great episode!

I think Armen should fill in for Howard only if Scott is there to give him a hard time.

Regardless, I think he's a good guy and root for him and want him to push through.

At first I thought Armen was extremely high, but I guess some people are just always like that. This episode has a weird dynamic (in a good way). Fun stuff. Also Scott is always funny when he's in more of an attack type mode (just like on Analyze Phish).

• Like 1

Armen is a delight. He's awkward and he's filled with joy in a world rife with cynicism. And his yearning to be liked by Mr. Aukerman is the kind of premise and delivery most sitcom writers would kill to be able to create.

Armen is not a good guy. He's a great guy. PUSH THROUGH, CHING CHONG!

• Like 1

Liked Armen right off the bat but when Scott said, "Armen is like Howard but it's a put-on," I was like, "BINGO!"

As much as I enjoyed every minute of entertainment Armen brought and would be stoked as heck to hear more of him, this ep only made me appreciate the actual magic of Howard Kremer even more.

• Like 3

Liked Armen right off the bat but when Scott said, "Armen is like Howard but it's a put-on," I was like, "BINGO!"

And of course, Scott also had fans decide if Harris should come back or not.

Guys he wasn't calling Kulap "Ching Chong" he was calling himself that, I know everyone is so sensitive about race but come on. Ching Chong is a funny phrase and if anything is making fun of Chinese people which Kulap is not.

You mean like Wesley Snipes here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejDJfW_2FJg

I enjoyed Armen. He was Wie Wie Lite, half the Howard but all of the flavor.

Guys he wasn't calling Kulap "Ching Chong" he was calling himself that, I know everyone is so sensitive about race but come on. Ching Chong is a funny phrase and if anything is making fun of Chinese people which Kulap is not.

You're the most sensitive person about race on these forums. You're the guy who started a lame petition to get Yo! Is This Racist taken off of Earwolf because it dared say that some things that white people do are, in fact, racist. Not once, but two times!

But ultimately, I don't think anyone should be taking your judgement on what is or what isn't racist considering a) you obviously don't know the definition and b ) believe a show dedicated to deconstructing racial attitudes is in fact racist against white people.

• Like 2

Armen wore a blaaaaazer- SCOTT! Going on my third listen in almost as many days. I think I'll be re-listening to this one like I do the Womptacular or Finger Guns.. Like, often.

You're the most sensitive person about race on these forums. You're the guy who started a lame petition to get Yo! Is This Racist taken off of Earwolf because it dared say that some things that white people do are, in fact, racist. Not once, but two times!

But ultimately, I don't think anyone should be taking your judgement on what is or what isn't racist considering a) you obviously don't know the definition and b ) believe a show dedicated to deconstructing racial attitudes is in fact racist against white people.

do you search these forums for any use of the word "race" and interject? shut up please, this is a comedy podcast forum.

do you search these forums for any use of the word "race" and interject? shut up please, this is a comedy podcast forum.

No, I just listen to the podcasts as I find them. You know, like everyone else on the site. Also, I'm not the only one who found it problematic that he said it. So, if you're so very much against any talk about race, you should reply to TheNarnold's statement with the vitriol that you directed towards me.

Edited by Shariq Torres
  • Like 2

Listening to this brought me back to the early Who Charted days discovering the enigma of Kremer. I demand that Armen gets his own Earwolf show; "Weitz Up?" with Armen Weitzman.

• Like 1