🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 106 — Rainbow Party Pitch

Grab some snacks and buzz juice and listen to a special VPN edition of improv4humans with Zach Woods and UCB-LA Harold team members Nick Mandernach, Matt Newell, Erin Whitehead, Dan Lippert, Molly Bretthauer, and Paul Welsh! They’ll soothe a crowd of rioters with horn instruments, record a anti-diversity PSA, and be utterly mystified by Eric the (Un)paid intern’s vivid description of a rainbow party. Check out the full video over at youtube.com/earwolf! You can now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Screen-Shot-2013-11-06-at-9.05.13-PM-162x162.jpg

My dude is a genius for real. So happy anytime he's a part of the show. Zach found the perfect bit to drag him into.

• Like 4

Screen-Shot-2013-11-06-at-9.05.13-PM-162x162.jpg

My dude is a genius for real. So happy anytime he's a part of the show. Zach found the perfect bit to drag him into.

No doubt that was masterful. The young 'uns were fine but I do sometimes get the feeling that Matt busts their chops for some improv choice. The trumpet player vid was off the charts! But wait, was this the first simultaneous vid/podcast drop? I am really digging the vpn recently - SUGOi

• Like 1

there should be a full I4H ep with just Erin whitehead, Nick Mandernach and Dan Libbert

• Like 1

Holy shit, the rainbow party scene literally took all the air out of my lungs because I was laughing so hard. I had to sit down because I got lightheaded.

Hands down, the #1 for the next best of episodde

• Like 1

I said this in the other thread already, but I loved this episode. Zach is amazing, and Eric becoming part of the scene was insane.

Holy shit, Eric was amazing.

Great episode. I wish the first set of improvisers (Nick, Erin, and Matt) would have gotten to do more scenes, though.

. The trumpet player vid was off the charts! But wait, was this the first simultaneous vid/podcast drop? I am really digging the vpn recently

I think it was the first time ... i watched the vid last night

I highly recommend watching it, especially for all the Eric the intern stuff. You can see how Eric's become an eerie doppelganger of Engineer Brett. And speaking of doppelgangers, how about that first USC Trojans interview ...where Eric was talking to someone who sounded just like Eric?? Freaky stuff.

With each new Eric the intern appearance, I am more and more willing to join a cult that he leads.

Regarding the trumpet-hater: I saw bits of that when it went viral a few weeks back, but at that time it felt too harsh to watch all the way through. Much more enjoyable in the context of the show. But now I'm really curious about that dude. Have any internet sleuths figured out who he is? Is there any legitimacy to his claimed connections to Dylan and the Dead?

Keep it going, Matt and associates. Best podcast in the universe!!

• Like 2

If I ever need a new username anywhere, I hope "Sexual Costco" isn't already taken.

Zach Woods is such an improv champion.

You're so right! I've been going back and listening to all old I4H episodes with him. His choices are always impeccable. "I joined Peace Corps because I couldn't handle the level of conflict at my liberal arts college in Maine"

He was also in the classic I4H scene involving the Hollywood squirrel that was trying to sign people to predatory contracts (and turn them into apps) I think that episode is called 'App Talk'

• Like 2

This was probably the best episode yet, particular the last few minutes

• Like 1

This was probably the best episode yet, particular the last few minutes

Agreed, crackin' me up over here.

This was one of your best. Eric is so fucking good for you guys it really creates a mood for just the best improv

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago, I had never heard of Molly Bretthauer, but between this and her appearance on the Comedy Bang Bang Halloween episode last week, I've got to say that I'm pretty impressed with her talent.

• Like 7

A couple of weeks ago, I had never heard of Molly Bretthauer, but between this and her appearance on the Comedy Bang Bang Halloween episode last week, I've got to say that I'm pretty impressed with her talent.

Agreed, Dykula killed

I'm so glad that Erin Whitehead mentioned that both those voices during the Man on the Street sounded like Eric :) I was playing video games while listening to this, so I wasn't totally focused, and I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING. lol. :D

Excellent I4H, Matt! Fantastic group of UCB'ers that we haven't heard before on the show! Perhaps there's some here that may even land on the next Best Of....? Even if that doesn't happen (competition is always fierce when we're dealing with the greatest podcast in the universe), great ep!

Rewatched/listened to the vpn version on youtube.

We need to make a Zach Woods, Joe Wengert, Mookie Blaiklock, Molly Bretthauer episode happen.

• Like 4