🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 94.5 — Minisode 94.5

For the first time ever in HDTGM history, we are doing a film produced, written, and directed by Tyler Perry. Tune in next week for that spectacular episode. On this minisode, Paul goes through some Corrections and Omissions for Glitter, decides whether Glitter could have been better thanks to Nicolas Cage, and talks about Penn & Teller: Fool Us during Scheer’s Picks. Plus, Paul answers all your Qs about Face/Off, his different podcast ideas, 90s fashion advice, and much more.

Los Angeles: Get your tickets now for a LIVE HDTGM at Largo on Friday, December 5th at 8pm over at www.largo-la.com!

Pick up your copy of Deadpool Bi-Annual #1 written by Paul & Nick Giovannetti at www.amazon.com or wherever comic books are sold!

Make sure to tune into the brand new season of The League on Wednesday nights at 10pm over on FXX and check out The Hotwives of Orlando now over at www.hulu.com!

Also, check out Jason Mantzoukas in “They Came Together” on VOD, June Diane Raphael & Casey Wilson in ASS BACKWARDS for free on Netflix & HULU & Paul in OJ: The Musical available on VOD & iTunes! Don’t forget to grab yourself a brand new HDTGM Daredevil T-shirt over at the Earwolf store and a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker now available at www.amazon.com!

• Like 1

I hope Aukerman is the guest since he got Sharknado-ed twice on Tyler Perry movies.

Also, this movie is crazy. I took a guess at the twist, and if I'm right, this will be a flawless movie. I have about 15 mins to go...we'll see.

Edited to add: Nope. I was wrong. If anyone pays attention to the dialog at around 1:17 you'd probably guess what I was thinking. I won't spoil it here. Besides, I think everyone needs to watch this one. It is worth it. That ending...wow...

• Like 5

"Did you know MC Hammer had a cartoon?"

Sick ep of "Abrupt Facts," bro.

Joking aside, I just realized I've never actually watched a Tyler Perry movie, so this is gonna be good.

• Like 1

Without ruining it, I'll say this: there isn't much comedy to be found in the twist ending and I hope it sparks a legit debate about how fucked up of a morality-based sociopath Tyler Perry is. His crossdressing movies are one thing, but a drama that posits the moral that this movie ends on is dangerously bigoted. I'd like Jessica Chaffin on this just to hear her and Jason potentially rip TP a new asshole.

"Did you know MC Hammer had a cartoon?"

Sick ep of "Abrupt Facts," bro.

Joking aside, I just realized I've never actually watched a Tyler Perry movie, so this is gonna be good.

If you have never watched a Tyler Perry movie this one is pretty a pretty good representation of the rest of his oeuvre. Honestly, they are all basically the same movie. The only thing I was bummed about in this one is we didn't get to see him in drag as Medea. I would say it was due to the subject matter, but that has never stopped him before.

• Like 2

They're doing a Tyler Perry movie? Get ready for everyone that is not Tyler Perry to be dubbed "the one" or "the black guy".

Without ruining it, I'll say this: there isn't much comedy to be found in the twist ending and I hope it sparks a legit debate about how fucked up of a morality-based sociopath Tyler Perry is. His crossdressing movies are one thing, but a drama that posits the moral that this movie ends on is dangerously bigoted. I'd like Jessica Chaffin on this just to hear her and Jason potentially rip TP a new asshole.

Chaffin spent the last episode she was on calling the lone black kid, "Blackie". Jason thinks that there is a distinction between regular weddings and "black" weddings. They have very little room to stand on calling something bigoted.

• Like 1

Speaking of Buzzfeed, I fucking hate articles like "20 Things Only Parents Would Understand". What? Kids can be a time-consuming, expensive pain in the ass sometimes? I don't have kids, but I'm pretty sure that I knew that, and I don't need to HAVE kids to know this. It sounds like the parents didn't know that this was going to be a problem...

• Like 1

Oh, and in the Nic Cage "Glitter", why can't Dice still be Dice? I don't want it to become a completely different film. I just want Cage to be the Mariah Carey part and everyone else to be the same. He'd still hang out with the girls, people would still question his ethnicity, skeezy music video directors would still try to get him to wear less. Cage would even play baby Cage at the beginning and would be older than his mother.

• Like 3

If you have never watched a Tyler Perry movie this one is pretty a pretty good representation of the rest of his oeuvre. Honestly, they are all basically the same movie. The only thing I was bummed about in this one is we didn't get to see him in drag as Medea. I would say it was due to the subject matter, but that has never stopped him before.

June loves Madea though...

Just watched the movie after listening to the Mini Episode and CANNOT wait to hear what you guys think!

Another misuse of the word nonplussed. From the best dictionary source anywhere, the Urban Dictionary:

nonplussed

Often misused as meaning unfazed, but actually means bewildered.

English majors are nonplussed about how "nonplussed" has, over time, become so misused.

CHOCTAW AS GUEST PLS.

what even is this movie.

What are the odds of a Sharknado 3 being released sometime between now and next Tuesday?

• Like 1

I've said before and I'll say it again I hope it's not just 4 white people just mocking this movie. I want to know his appeal and whitey just ain't gonna get to the bottom of that!! (although, Neal Brennan would probably be able to provide a little bit of insight.)

• Like 3

Netflix suggested Last Temptation of Christ when I did a search (in addition to Tyler Perry's Temptation). Would that work as a substitute?

[Also just trying to play it cool that Paul read my post about Glitter and my drunken memory thereof. But I assure you, I fuh-reaked out and sent an all-caps message to my wife about it...]

• Like 2

Candace Cameron (the Cameron sister with the eating problem) was on Full House, not Growing Pains.

Candace Cameron (the Cameron sister with the eating problem) was on Full House, not Growing Pains.

The actor who played the sister on Growing Pains, Tracey Gold, also had an eating disorder, though, obviously, she was not Kirk Cameron's real sister...

If Nic Cage was in Glitter as a new music sensation with Kathleen Turner, wouldn't that essentially be an alternate-reality version of Peggy Sue Got Married? Instead of Nic being the new Elvis he would be the new Dion. It would be a great follow up to the original, showing the story from Charlie Bodell's perspective. Nic goes back in time, he saves himself from becoming a pathetic appliance salesman and he saves his music career as well his relationship with Peggy.... just sayin'.

• Like 1

Nick cage in Glitter would be the most amazing movie ever made. maybe we should start a kick start account in his name to raise money to get nick cage "Glitter 2 the later years"

it just hit me, We have to wait another 2 week for "lol" god dam it!

it just hit me, We have to wait another 2 week for "lol" god dam it!

I'm guessing you'll have to wait a month, because the 21st is probably the Halloween ep.

• Like 3

like paul said like the guy at the apple store, enjoy.

6omvk0.jpg

one part that is missing from this image that finishes it all for me. Here it is...

BTW when I was searching for posters to make this masterpiece I found THIS

• Like 2