🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 68 — Erin Gibson, Our Close Friend

Okay, I'm off to drink a beer and poke a hippo with a sharp stick. If I die, you can divvy up my likes between you. No, wait, donate them to Smile Train!

Yeah, but you're less likely to find a hippo to poke. Now, poke a mosquito and I'm in. For safety reasons.

Okay, I'm off to drink a beer and poke a hippo with a sharp stick. If I die, you can divvy up my likes between you. No, wait, donate them to Smile Train!

Spunks, didn't Hayes and Sean just have a feminist on the show? That's no way to refer to a lady.

• Like 1

If I die, you can divvy up my likes between you. No, wait, donate them to Smile Train!

No thanks, I already get enough mail with pictures of children with cleft palates (from other unnamed sources). I don't need some charity coming in and throwing off the vibe.

• Like 3

Legitimately want to drive down to LA for that live show... Any of the "Best Friend Crew" (which is another nickname I just made up for the formerly known "Three Musketeers") would come along?? It's a Tuesday night, so it'd require taking two days off work.

yes, you should all do this Crew. Don't forget to pack your Scoop Troop Notebooks!

• Like 2

lots of nice long posts this week but maybe u should bust them up into 3-4 short posts so we can get to 300 easier

• Like 9

plus then u could trick me in to reading about statistics

• Like 6

I watched Transparent about six weeks ago. It was amazingly beautiful and, no jokes guys, I cried once or twice.

• Like 1

we should all move to Wisconsin, quit drinking beer

Make up your mind. Can't do both.

I spent my evening teaching teens about grammar and feel confident in saying that grammar is NOT fun.

• Like 2

i spent my evening teaching teens 'country grammar' and they were not impressed by the st louis sound

• Like 7

Yeah, but you're less likely to find a hippo to poke. Now, poke a mosquito and I'm in. For safety reasons.

I have poked literally hundreds, if not thousands of mosquitoes. With insect pins. My masters thesis research was on mosquitoes, and man did I poke them, but they poked me way more.

Spunks, didn't Hayes and Sean just have a feminist on the show? That's no way to refer to a lady.

If I recall correctly, they scrupulously did not take sides on feminism, so I think I'm in the clear.

Guys! I got to see comedy tonight! Four standup guys. Us east coasters get to lauff too. I used to be best work friends with the guy who hosted, that's how I heard about it since it was in Marlborough, MA which is named well 'cause it's definitely rough and looks like everyone who lives there smokes cigarettes. So apparently hosting means being unable to speak into the mic without it screaming feedback noises back at everyone and bombing real bad and not landing any jokes. My boy killed it at hosting. The main acts were great too. I've seen Danny Bulger before he's incredible and these guys Joe List and Mark Normand were very funny. Anyone here in the east should see these guys, including my buddy Jimmy Whitman who was actually very funny and had great jokes but these dumb idiots in Marlboro were so dumb and the idiots didn't get it. Mic was tough to get over though I will give them that.

• Like 7

what were thier funniest jokes? i want to try stand up but i need some good jokes to get started with

• Like 7

i spent my evening teaching teens 'country grammar' and they were not impressed by the st louis sound

What's your favourite grammar? Mine is TV's Doctor Fraiser Crane and "the boss", Kelsy Grammer. But what about the other meaning, the rules on which we build our language? - Teach Hochstatler.

All this stand up talk reminds me of the time I did stand up.

I was in New York back in the early '90s and found myself in a comedy club. There was supposed to be this big star there doing jokes or whatever but he never showed up, so the owner of the club came up to me and asked if I wanted to take his place. I warned him that I had never done jokes before but he said I was so good-looking and cool that he was sure I could do it.

Anyway, I got up and improvised a totally rando observ that slayed. Then I followed up with a one-two gut punch of bazonko killer funnies, and one guy died of laughing too much. Then there was a guy at the side of the stage and he was on the phone saying "Chris! Chris, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Rock. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this!". They wanted me to sign for Deaf Jam or something but I didn't want to because comedy isn't art.

• Like 12

what were thier funniest jokes? i want to try stand up but i need some good jokes to get started with

There were a lot about sex, race, money, religion, obesity and politics. I would say start there.

There were a lot about sex, race, money, religion, obesity and politics.

Why go to a club when we have Chanson?

• Like 4

What's your favourite grammar? Mine is TV's Doctor Fraiser Crane and "the boss", Kelsy Grammer. But what about the other meaning, the rules on which we build our language? - Teach Hochstatler.

My favorite is how when you write "not only" you are always supposed to follow it up wif "but also." Not only is it a very solid grammar, but also it is the name of a great British sketch comedy show starring Fry and Laurie.

All this stand up talk reminds me of the time I did stand up.

I was in New York back in the early '90s and found myself in a comedy club. There was supposed to be this big star there doing jokes or whatever but he never showed up, so the owner of the club came up to me and asked if I wanted to take his place. I warned him that I had never done jokes before but he said I was so good-looking and cool that he was sure I could do it.

Anyway, I got up and improvised a totally rando observ that slayed. Then I followed up with a one-two gut punch of bazonko killer funnies, and one guy died of laughing too much. Then there was a guy at the side of the stage and he was on the phone saying "Chris! Chris, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Rock. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this!". They wanted me to sign for Deaf Jam or something but I didn't want to because comedy isn't art.

not enough likes in the world

• Like 1

Y'all post a lot. I need to hit them drills if I'm gonna keep up with this. There were like 4 new pages since I went to sleep!

greggy, I'm about to give you the best advice that anyone has ever given you: leave your family, move to LA, and do comedy full time. Just kidding. Keep your family (especially those kids, they are comedy gold). You are super funny. I am so glad I joined facebook mostly because of your regular joke output.

• Like 7

it would be funny to put something really weird in the middle of the list of momjobs there since i assume most people's eyes glaze over after like item 3

• Like 3