🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 346 — That Is Wild

Proud Canadian Tom Green makes his first appearance as wonderful co-host/high school graduate Trabitha Tarteen joins Scott on this week’s Comedy Bing Bong! Tom takes us through the seasons, gives us some great Halloween costume advice, and shares his passion for tech while talking about his interactive web-o-vision show. Then, therapist Gale Burbiglia stops by all the way from Burbank to heal everyone by helping them better acquainted with their inner child.

I would have preferred Glenn Humplik...

However, great to hear the two Wild Horses back on CBB. I love that Scotty Scares Em has been having more and more female character guests on CBB over the last year.

• Like 1

Trabitha is my favorite I just love how nothing is too delicate to say haha she makes me cackle in a really unflattering way..

• Like 1

Feel like Tom was treating this as too much of a straight up interview. But idk

• Like 3

I found the show funny, and was really excited to see Tom Green as a guest. That being said, I'm not sure if the whole dog thing was a bit, but it quickly bummed me out.

• Like 2

damn, just wasn't feeling this episode. first time i haven't lol'd at an ep of CBB ever.

I try to be measured in any criticism of CBB because who am I to judge it? However, I think it was Tom Green's need to always make himself the center of attention at all costs.

• Like 6

I also really dislike being down on an ep, but Tom was a bit disappointing. I don't know.

Mary and Erin were fabulous, though, so it's all okay. It's fine.

• Like 1

Between the last two weeks having elements of the show being Mathedy Bang! Bang! with Human Calculator Scott Aukerman and this week learning about the whole 3 p.m. Thanksgiving thing for the first time, this show is singlehandedly keeping my mind sharp.

Tom Green being a letdown wasn't very surprising as I think anyone who's seen the Tom Green SNL ep knows that's where he jumped the shark.

• Like 2

Between the last two weeks having elements of the show being Mathedy Bang! Bang! with Human Calculator Scott Aukerman and this week learning about the whole 3 p.m. Thanksgiving thing for the first time, this show is singlehandedly keeping my mind sharp.

Tom Green being a letdown wasn't very surprising as I think anyone who's seen the Tom Green SNL ep knows that's where he jumped the shark.

Exactly. I sort of expected that he'd jump in randomly and derail the character bits, and that's basically what he did.

That said, Mary Holland and Erin Whithead were great. I'm glad that Trabitha has become a recurring character.

• Like 3

Trabitha is my favorite I just love how nothing is too delicate to say haha she makes me cackle in a really unflattering way..

same!

The fact that this ep could be so much fun despite a big dead weight interrupting with nothing funny to add on every other joke speaks to the amazingness of the other talent on the ep...

The dog thing was really the wrong moment, though, wow. I'm not necessarily opposed to tone shifts but just zero sense of timing there. Also, it felt like Scott went from jokingly fed up to actually fed up with the "naming every tour stop instead of just saying check my website" thing during plugs.

I try to be measured in any criticism of CBB because who am I to judge it? However, I think it was Tom Green's need to always make himself the center of attention at all costs.

After the dog stuff started, it sounds like even the other two guests were getting fed up with his need to talk about his stuff. At around 1:15, Erin tries to get back to the characters by saying, "If I could just float an idea-" and Tom interrupts. Very quietly as Tom is talking over her, you can hear her say, "-or not."

I'd love to hear a, "you know, uh" count as well.

• Like 3

At around 1:15, Erin tries to get back to the characters by saying, "If I could just float an idea-" and Tom interrupts. Very quietly as Tom is talking over her, you can hear her say, "-or not."

He acted almost like he didn't realize the other two guests were doing funny characters half the time, like he thought he was supposed to be doing Maron and was annoyed that these two weirdos were horning in on his "artist's pain" moment...

• Like 1

I didn't have the slightest problem with anything Tom said or did, so I guess I'm just not trying hard enough.

Loved Scott's callback to his classic "a little Buzz" joke. Mary and Erin were both great.

Also, I think my favorite line of the episode was from one of the ads - "Whoopi Goldberg? She had a habit. Worked out great for her!"

• Like 10

The stuff with his dogs got a little weird and he did seem to be interrupting a lot at that one part but otherwise I thought Tom was fine. I like Tom Green. His Webovision show was really pretty neat, especially considering it began back in 2006.

• Like 1

I thought Tom was fine in the first segment, he was actually kind of interesting - the problem with that segment was Trabitha Tarteen didn't really do anything besides just repeat that she wanted to have sex with Scott, which isn't much of a bit. Then the therapist character was not landing either, and then Tom bizarrely derailed everything with the dog business, so this turned into - at the risk of sounding like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons - one of the worst episodes ever. I was actually kind of in shock at how badly the whole thing went. Scott maybe could have salvaged the last segment by doing a Would You Rather, but I think he was trying to create an opportunity out of Tom's mistake, and it didn't work. Eesh.

I hope this isn't symptomatic of a general downturn in the show, because to be honest I haven't loved an episode since the one with the contest winner and the PFT/Daly/Lapkus trio. Which wasn't that long ago I guess. But I feel like there have been some questionable booking decisions lately in terms of which guests can carry an episode. Hopefully we'll bounce back with some heavy hitters soon.

• Like 2

I thought Tom was fine in the first segment, he was actually kind of interesting - the problem with that segment was Trabitha Tarteen didn't really do anything besides just repeat that she wanted to have sex with Scott, which isn't much of a bit. Then the therapist character was not landing either, and then Tom bizarrely derailed everything with the dog business, so this turned into - at the risk of sounding like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons - one of the worst episodes ever. I was actually kind of in shock at how badly the whole thing went. Scott maybe could have salvaged the last segment by doing a Would You Rather, but I think he was trying to create an opportunity out of Tom's mistake, and it didn't work. Eesh.

I hope this isn't symptomatic of a general downturn in the show, because to be honest I haven't loved an episode since the one with the contest winner and the PFT/Daly/Lapkus trio. Which wasn't that long ago I guess. But I feel like there have been some questiona ble booking decisions lately in terms of which guests can carry an episode. Hopefully we'll bounce back with some heavy hitters soon.

I didn't particularly enjoy the last 2 episodes but 2015 has been pretty great, IMO. I don't see a few lame episodes indicating a downturn of the show, for me they just stand out due to the relative high quality this year.

I also think the bookings have been pretty cool even if some of them fall flat. Every year of CBB has off weeks, it happens.

Having said all that, the dog thing... yeah...

• Like 1

Tom: ...so we had to sedate her and put her to sleep

Scott: Tom, I don't know what to say, other than THAT IS WILD!

I've never laughed so loudly at something in my life, it was just so unexpected yet beautifully timed and well played. I think everyone pretty much summed up how uncomfortable things became, so I'll just skip bashing Tom (although I really want to) and say how happy I am to hear Mary on CBB again and cheers for the Traci reference made early on into the show.

• Like 1

I thought Tom did a fine job. The Carson stuff he kept doing at the end (although, some of it could have been Scott since the impressions sounded the exact same) made me laugh pretty hard. The character guests were solid too, and I'm excited for the return ep with Holland and Lapkus.

• Like 2