🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ribelin2000

Why did they change the theme song?

First of all, there was no reason to change it, it was just perfect the way it was.

Secondly, they had to change it to a fucking rap song!!! I'M FUCKING SICK OF RAP!!! RAP SUCKS!!! Please!!! Enough of this rap shit! NO MORE RAP!!! Seriously, if I never hear another goddamn rap song in my life, I'll be a very happy man.

• Like 3

They've used that a couple of times in the past, just to mix it up. It's not the new theme song 'til the end of days.

I believe its going to be all rap all the time I'm afraid.

The rap is here to stay, and the next iteration is going to feature a rapping granny, who is in fact here to say, that she likes watching movies that are bad in a certain way.

If I'm not mistaken they're also changing the format of the whole show to be a 1 hour beat-boxing freestyle battle to get points about the movies out. I think that starts at episode 125 when they cover 1993's Who's the Man.

• Like 13

Ribelin2000, I agree with you.

BTW, I always called rap music, crap music.

the theme song is good if you like that sort of thing. :)

That's what my mom would say.

They've used that a couple of times in the past, just to mix it up. It's not the new theme song 'til the end of days.

"End of Days", you say?

• Like 1

Just wait until my Death Metal version...

• Like 2

i like the new theme song. in fact, i never like the old theme song, it's too corny.

I liked the old one. It was Warren Fitzgerald from The Vandals. That said, I like the new one, too. Isn't it fan-made? I love the fact that it references so much of the history of the show.

If people can't get past the genre of the music to appreciate the content of the song, fuck 'em. The rest of us will enjoy it.

• Like 15

June is making sure that Monkey Shine's getting paid. <-- Too good for us. We are not worthy.

• Like 14

And the new, retarded rap version isn't corny? You've gotta be kidding me!

And I'm getting sick of people suggesting that anyone who doesn't like obnoxious-ass rap must be old. Seriously, fuck you.

• Like 1

My only issue is it I think it's a bit long, other than that I have no problem with it.

• Like 2

First of all, there was no reason to change it, it was just perfect the way it was.

Secondly, they had to change it to a fucking rap song!!! I'M FUCKING SICK OF RAP!!! RAP SUCKS!!! Please!!! Enough of this rap shit! NO MORE RAP!!! Seriously, if I never hear another goddamn rap song in my life, I'll be a very happy man.

And I'm getting sick of people suggesting that anyone who doesn't like obnoxious-ass rap must be old. Seriously, fuck you.

no worries, it's only been an extremely prevalent American art form for about 30+ years now... and surely this podcast's new theme song is the final retarded nail in the obnoxious-ass coffin.

• Like 13

I've made my opinions clear on another thread, so I won't waste time reiterating them here, but as an avowed "Pro New Theme Song-er," I would just add this:

First of all, let's all just take a step back and recognize we are all different and all have different musical tastes that have nothing to do with our age, race, country of origin, or socio-economic background. So let's try to keep it respectful.

Secondly, the new song was fan made! I'm not saying this is a reason why someone should like it or prefer it over the old one, but more as a challenge. This guy, a fan just like us, took the time and effort to write and record this song. Say what you will, but the production value on the song is pretty tight. From day one the HDTGM crew has been very supportive of their fans and their contributions to the show. If you don't like the new song--write a new one, submit it to Paul, and see what happens. But bitching on the forums simply because it doesn't suit your singular tastes doesn't seem like a very efficient way of achieving your goal.

So do what you want, keep complaining in the hopes that someone on the crew comes around to your way of thinking (which may be a tough sell considering they obviously like it or it would already be gone) or write a new theme song. In the mean time, my best suggestion is for you to just just fast forward through it. It will be as if it doesn't even exist. :)

• Like 15

I've made my opinions clear on another thread, so I won't waste time reiterating them here, but as an avowed "Pro New Theme Song-er," I would just add this:

First of all, let's all just take a step back and recognize we are all different and all have different musical tastes that have nothing to do with our age, race, country of origin, or socio-economic background. So let's try to keep it respectful.

Secondly, the new song was fan made! I'm not saying this is a reason why someone should like it or prefer it over the old one, but more as a challenge. This guy, a fan just like us, took the time and effort to write and record this song. Say what you will, but the production value on the song is pretty tight. From day one the HDTGM crew has been very supportive of their fans and their contributions to the show. If you don't like the new song--write a new one, submit it to Paul, and see what happens. But bitching on the forums simply because it doesn't suit your singular tastes doesn't seem like a very efficient way of achieving your goal.

So do what you want, keep complaining in the hopes that someone on the crew comes around to your way of thinking (which may be a tough sell considering they obviously like it or it would already be gone) or write a new theme song. In the mean time, my best suggestion is for you to just just fast forward through it. It will be as if it doesn't even exist. :)

How dare you come in here with your reasonable tone and present an argument full of rational, salient points in a respectful manner? This is the internet!

• Like 17

Look, I'm just saying there was no reason to change the theme song. The old theme was just fine. Just because some re+arded fan made it doesn't mean you have to use it. This new, stupid rap theme is the New Coke to the old theme's Coca-Cola Classic. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, you know.

And I have a right not to like rap music, OK? I'm sick of having it shoved down my throat everywhere I go. And we wonder why the dumbing-down of America is happening.

Look, I'm just saying there was no reason to change the theme song. The old theme was just fine. Just because some re+arded fan made it doesn't mean you have to use it. This new, stupid rap theme is the New Coke to the old theme's Coca-Cola Classic. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, you know.

And I have a right not to like rap music, OK? I'm sick of having it shoved down my throat everywhere I go. And we wonder why the dumbing-down of America is happening.

v76CO993NAApi.gif

• Like 8

I think anyone who takes an entire genre of music, as wide in breadth and scope as rap or hip-hop, and dismisses it so blatantly, is doing quite enough to dumb-down American themselves. You have a right to your opinion, obviously, but at the same time, we have a right to not listen to such a closed-minded opinion. Rap and hip-hop certainly do not make up the majority of what I listen to, but I think the new theme is brilliant, the fact that it's fan made just makes me love it more. The first podcast came out in 2011. Even though the original theme was great, maybe it was just time to change it up a bit.

• Like 20

Well, at least you gave a well-thought-out rebuttal to Cameron H's carefully articulated points.

That's more like the internet as I know it.

• Like 13

nCsmLEB.gif

• Like 4

So you're simultaneously saying that your opinion of the new song (and rap) sucking is valid, but that my opinion of the old song being more corny is invalid, all while saying people have the right to their own opinion? I think I'm done here.

• Like 9

...alright, I say it, you're a straight up racist.

• Like 10

Jesus, bro. Relax. Some people like rap, some people don't. Apparently the people that make this FREE comedy podcast for you actually LIKE the new theme song, so they're going to use it. I for one, think it's fucking AWESOME. And we could do without "retarded" usage, thank you.

• Like 10

Sign in to follow this