🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 129 - The Apple: LIVE!

I also just got back from Deadpool

Holy shit

I thought the humor and tone of the movie were great, but ultimately, I realized I'm fucking tired of the superhero origin story formula. No spoilers, but we don't really need the whole setup of how Deadpool became Deadpool; we really just want to see him being impossibly violent and rad. DP2 has already been greenlit, so I'm really hoping for more of that and less of everything else in the sequel.

PS - I'm cool with us talking about it, but I'd ask that we keep anything spoilery (including quotes and such) inside spoiler tags since there are probably just as many of us that didn't get to see it yet.

I thought the humor and tone of the movie were great, but ultimately, I realized I'm fucking tired of the superhero origin story formula. No spoilers, but we don't really need the whole setup of how Deadpool became Deadpool; we really just want to see him being impossibly violent and rad. DP2 has already been greenlit, so I'm really hoping for more of that and less of everything else in the sequel.

PS - I'm cool with us talking about it, but I'd ask that we keep anything spoilery (including quotes and such) inside spoiler tags since there are probably just as many of us that didn't get to see it yet.

How do you do the spoiler tag thing on here anyway? I've never used them before.

I agree with you. There were a few things I felt were unnecessary, but it was everything I expected it to be and that made me happy.

I was happy with the way the interspersed the origin part into the already having action part to make it a bit more interesting. But I still agree with you.

How do you do the spoiler tag thing on here anyway? I've never used them before.

[ spoiler ] SPOILER GOES HERE [ / spoiler ]

You have something in your teeth. It was bothering me the whole time. Thinks it's a piece of romaine.

• Like 1

I agree with you. There were a few things I felt were unnecessary, but it was everything I expected it to be and that made me happy.

I was happy with the way the interspersed the origin part into the already having action part to make it a bit more interesting. But I still agree with you.

[ spoiler ] SPOILER GOES HERE [ / spoiler ]

You have something in your teeth. It was bothering me the whole time. Thinks it's a piece of romaine.

There WERE a couple of swears in there. Just a couple...

Tell Beast to stop shitting in my yard.

There WERE a couple of swears in there. Just a couple...

Tell Beast to stop shitting in my yard.

There were so many swears everywhere that my brain literally has forgotten all of them it seems.

I think my favorite had something to do with shit tits though? If I'm not mistaken?

There were so many swears everywhere that my brain literally has forgotten all of them it seems.

I think my favorite had something to do with shit tits though? If I'm not mistaken?

I'm sure there were a few, but that just reminded me of when he had to have the poo emoji explained to him.

I just saw it again..

He called Francis a "wheezing bag of dick tips". Was that it?

I just saw it again..

He called Francis a "wheezing bag of dick tips". Was that it?

That might be the one!

Was that when he was telling Colossus about how evil he was?

That might be the one!

Was that when he was telling Colossus about how evil he was?

Yeah, when he had him pinned down, but Colossus interfered.

A favorite of mine is when he said something like: "I was just having a Liam Neeson nightmare. I dreamt I kidnapped his daughter, and he wasn't having any of it. Y'know, they made three of those movies. At some point, you might have to chalk it up to bad parenting."

• Like 2

You guys, I might be crazy but this last trailer has given me hope, like the letter "S" kind of hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_iASz1Si8

I need sassy Jeremy Irons in my life.

I like how they focused on the other characters in this trailer. It's like they've finally realized that Supes is the most boring superhero ever. I'm not super pumped for this movie, but I love Giselle from Fast 5 and 6 as WW. I just wish it was in literally anyone but Snyder's hands.

• Like 1

In my despair of podcast feed not updating for 2 days, I checked and FACE/OFF is finally on Canadian Netflix. My prayers have been answered.

• Like 2

It was dick tits which is my favorite new swear word. Also I already created a thread for Deadpool on the recommendations board because I would love an episode on it for how awesome it is (http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/29722-deadpool/). I know people are saying that they are tired of origin stories, but with a character like Deadpool it's kinda warranted as up until the last few years when he's had a huge surge in popularity, he was a C/B level side character who had a murky at best origin story, which also wasn't helped by the fact that he's insane and he really can't trust his memory.

I was surprised that they didn't outright say he was a member of the Weapon X project, though that may have been due to wanting to separate from Origins: Wolverine which completely bungled his character. While my friends loved the movie I was in awe because I'm a huge fan of the character and was able to catch some of the little things or storylines like the pizza guy bit were pulled almost completely from the comics, though he kills him in the comic because the guy had ruined a girls life in high school with an awful rumor rather than being a stalker.

I love that they have Morena Baccarin as Vanessa and am wondering if in the sequel

they will reveal that she is a shapeshifting mutant who ends up endlessly stalking Deadpool after they get separated

but now that Cable is announced and Stephen Lang has announced his desire to play the role, I cannot wait for the sequel.

I like how they focused on the other characters in this trailer. It's like they've finally realized that Supes is the most boring superhero ever. I'm not super pumped for this movie, but I love Giselle from Fast 5 and 6 as WW. I just wish it was in literally anyone but Snyder's hands.

To me the best Superman stories have always been the alternate universe or non-canonical stories of Superman, because they give such a new and better light on the character. Stories like Superman: Red Son or the Earth: One storylines are amazing because they give either a darker or more realistic view of the character.

Why do I get a sinking feeling the show may be ending soon?

ng4ykO8.gif

In all seriousness, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Certainly, there will be a day when there will be no more HDTGM, but I don't think you need to fret just yet. For one thing, when Paul posted a couple weeks back, he seemed very willing and open to listen to criticism (including why the episodes are sometimes late), going so far as to offer a voting system for the movies they cover--which we all agreed was a bad idea. But, it did lead to the "Ask Paul" thread, and in the last mini, he expressed interest in starting a Reddit for the same purpose. Also, there's been talk of the three of them doing a spin-off podcast. None of these statements lead me to believe that HDTGM is about to end.

What I think is most likely is, as he's said, they are all busy with their other gigs. Not to mention, we are coming off a Valentine's/President's Day weekend.

Will HDTGM continue forever? Unfortunately, no...but I wouldn't despair just yet. They're just busy people, and as much as I love HDTGM, I accept that it may not always be their first priority--if ever. Just be happy and enjoy it for as long as it lasts--which will hopefully be a very, very long time.

Personally, I think the best is yet to come!

• Like 2

Why do I get a sinking feeling the show may be ending soon?

It's doubtful it would any time soon since it's one of the most popular on Earwolf and has gotten a lot of awards and recognition in mainstream pop culture. I mean The Nerdist podcast has been going for years and is up to almost 800 episodes. There are endless bad movies that can be talked about, so there is always something for them to talk about. And to be fair the delay in between last episode and whatever the next one will be is nothing compared to a few years back around Tiptoes and the episodes before and after it which were usually two weeks or more between regular and mini-episodes.

I mean The Nerdist podcast has been going for years and is up to almost 800 episodes.

I'm not entirely sure what this means in context because Nerdist has never gone over a week without posting an episode.

• Like 1

I meant it to mean that podcasts can go on seemingly forever, because all that's needed in most cases is people talking. This happens every time that there is a little delay in the episodes where people start wondering if the show is ending, because in an age of instant information receiving if anything isn't said in a moment's notice then people start wondering that something bad has happened. Yet it's just three active actors along with a guest trying to balance schedules. Sometimes they do all star guests to cover while other times they try to Skype in for the show or they may just postpone for a little bit.

Will HDTGM continue forever? Unfortunately, no...but I wouldn't despair just yet. They're just busy people, and as much as I love HDTGM, I accept that it may not always be their first priority--if ever. Just be happy and enjoy it for as long as it lasts--which will hopefully be a very, very long time.

Personally, I think the best is yet to come!

All I need is enough eps to make the 2nd "Annual" Howdie Awards. I feel like I've come up with a couple interesting categories since the last one. I also need a supercut of every time Jason, the guest or the audience references Jacob's Ladder.

I'm a rational adult (at least, by the legal standard) but I watched Interstellar the other night and the thought of HDTGM ending brings me to this...

giphy.gif

• Like 4