🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 137.5 - Minisode 137.5

Excuse me for a second, everyone else, Atlanta talk...

Did you find a Redbox location that has it? So far, the only places in our area have been the Walmart on Howell Mill Rd (which, fuck that) and a place in Douglasville. So...I guess I'm off to Douglasville and hope my work doesn't ask too many questions as to what I'm up to :)

I am in Tucker and lucky me my local Publix redbox stocks bad movies apparently. When I was at the redbox site I did find that it looked like more locations carried the blu ray than the DVD if that helps you any.

• Like 1

I actually started watching Dragonheart and my hesitancy over this movie being HDTGM-worthy were instantly assuaged. Before the opening credits are half over, there is some legit Accent Schizophrenia between Dennis Quad doing no accent, English actors being English, and American actors attempting some awful whateverthefuck accents they think are English. Plus, the first meeting between Sean Connery's CGI Dragon and FUCKING GENOCIDAL MANIAC Dennis Quad is rife with physical comedy gags and jokes about dragon drool. Just the tone you want to hit when the last member of a species meets the man responsible for murdering everything he loves.

So.... bring back Dragonheart?

• Like 3

I actually started watching Dragonheart and my hesitancy over this movie being HDTGM-worthy were instantly assuaged. Before the opening credits are half over, there is some legit Accent Schizophrenia between Dennis Quad doing no accent, English actors being English, and American actors attempting some awful whateverthefuck accents they think are English. Plus, the first meeting between Sean Connery's CGI Dragon and FUCKING GENOCIDAL MANIAC Dennis Quad is rife with physical comedy gags and jokes about dragon drool. Just the tone you want to hit when the last member of a species meets the man responsible for murdering everything he loves.

Watch a bit longer.....

• Like 1

Did you find a Redbox location that has it? So far, the only places in our area have been the Walmart on Howell Mill Rd (which, fuck that) and a place in Douglasville. So...I guess I'm off to Douglasville and hope my work doesn't ask too many questions as to what I'm up to :)

Listen, Cameron. The only local talk we do around here is for Texas.

• Like 5

If you have a Blu-Ray player make sure you search for that. I can't find DVDs anywhere near me but 3 places have a Blu-Ray disc. (Now to see if you're willing to drive up to Delaware to get it. :P )

• Like 1

I am in Tucker and lucky me my local Publix redbox stocks bad movies apparently. When I was at the redbox site I did find that it looked like more locations carried the blu ray than the DVD if that helps you any.

If you have a Blu-Ray player make sure you search for that. I can't find DVDs anywhere near me but 3 places have a Blu-Ray disc. (Now to see if you're willing to drive up to Delaware to get it. :P )

I didn't see these posts until I was well on my way and it does look like it was available in BluRay where I started out (Peachtree City), but those cost .50 cents more, so...

But, I'm happy to say, not only have I successfully used Redbox for the first (and hopefully last) time, but I apparently got the last copy. So suck it, Douglasville!

tumblr_mky04nRyCm1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

• Like 4

I didn't see these posts until I was well on my way and it does look like it was available in BluRay where I started out (Peachtree City), but those cost .50 cents more, so...

But, I'm happy to say, not only have successfully used Redbox for the first (and hopefully last) time, but I apparently got the last copy. So suck it, Douglasville!

tumblr_mky04nRyCm1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Just in case you don't know, you can return movies at ANY Redbox. So you don't have to drive all the way back out to return it if you don't want.

• Like 2

While I get what you're saying, I don't know if the kind of gravitas you're talking about would have been appropriate in a children's film. Certainly the idea of the last of one's species facing off against the prime architect of that genocide is an interesting concept, but I think it was more important for this movie to keep it light, show that they were evenly matched, and ultimately (as co-stars of the movie), likeable as characters. And without getting too dark, I think the film got across the tragedy of being the last dragon in a way that would resonate with kids without tipping into grim and dour territory.

But I do agree that they maybe should have just done it. I would have liked to see what they do with a movie that they might not have a lot to say about (or maybe even liked?) if for no other reason than to see them rise to that challenge--kind of like what Rifftrax did with Casablanca and The Wizard of Oz. I kind of feel like it was a missed opportunity to do something different, and as I've also said before, I don't like the idea of them changing the movie due to audience disapproval--if that was in fact the real reason. Not only does it set a kind of shitty precedent (every movie is going to be someone's favorite movie) but they've done plenty of movies that I personal enjoy and their skewering of them has never changed my opinion at all. If anything, it just makes me love those movies more.

• Like 2

Just in case you don't know, you can return movies at ANY Redbox. So you don't have to drive all the way back out to return it if you don't want.

Oh, I made sure to look that up before I committed to this course of action, but thanks for looking out.

qvfsbu.gif

• Like 3

Speaking of Fast 8, apparently, they are using name and hashtag "F8" to promote it, which they are pronouncing "fate." This is bullshit. I've said it a dozen times, but this movie should be called "Infuri8ed."

Oh, and I totally didn't know until yesterday that Kristofer Hivju was in it. I'm so on board for this goddamn movie.

I was revisiting some "Best of 2015" lists over the weekend, and someone on AV Club actually said that Furious 7 was the most overrated movie of 2015. I wanted to punch them in their stupid face.

Where I'm from, some people actually pronounce the word fight, "Feight". Back at school, bigger kids would walk up to smaller kids, and say "Wanna feight?!" and then when the smaller kid shits himself at the thought of having to fight this bigger kid, the bigger kid shouts "SEVEN!" because they're really saying "One off eight?"

As for Furious 8, remember, if the 8 turns on it's side to form an infinity symbol to denote "Forever", Smigg came up with that shit!

• Like 2

What a weird combination of "Hey, let's have fun, be silly" and "Okay, look cool" to have in one picture.

• Like 1

Listen, Cameron. The only local talk we do around here is for Texas.

vkMfQug.gif

wash-touches-beltres-head.gif?w=1000

• Like 3

Oh, I made sure to look that up before I committed to this course of action, but thanks for looking out.

qvfsbu.gif

I was trying to find a GIF of the nerd in WarGames complaining that the other guy was giving away all the best secrets.

• Like 1

muhhhfffammmlllyyy

ff-8.png

minus black and pataky

What's Tormund doing there?

Derp

• Like 1

Where I'm from, some people actually pronounce the word fight, "Feight". Back at school, bigger kids would walk up to smaller kids, and say "Wanna feight?!" and then when the smaller kid shits himself at the thought of having to fight this bigger kid, the bigger kid shouts "SEVEN!" because they're really saying "One off eight?"

Bout ye. You from Belfast too like? Thats they way we mengle arr vowills, so it is. Youze cudden bate it wi' a big stick.

after watching this movie, I don't think we are going to really miss much here. it was really goddamn long.

Bout ye. You from Belfast too like? Thats they way we mengle arr vowills, so it is. Youze cudden bate it wi' a big stick.

Nottingham, which was once named "The Assassination Capital of the North", which pissed me off, because we're in the Midlands.

But, for example, if we were to say "Are you going to the pub", it would come out "Orate, pal. Ayah gooint pub?" and I once heard a woman described as "Shiz gorrah fess lak an orse, bushiz gorra fookin mint perra tits!" which is translated to "She has a face like a horse, but she has got a fucking great pair of tits"

• Like 2

Nottingham, which was once named "The Assassination Capital of the North", which pissed me off, because we're in the Midlands.

But, for example, if we were to say "Are you going to the pub", it would come out "Orate, pal. Ayah gooint pub?" and I once heard a woman described as "Shiz gorrah fess lak an orse, bushiz gorra fookin mint perra tits!" which is translated to "She has a face like a horse, but she has got a fucking great pair of tits"

Is it Nottingham where everyone is 'me duck'?

after watching this movie, I don't think we are going to really miss much here. it was really goddamn long.

im pretty sure there is a longer cut of it out there and the studio said "nobody is going to be able to sit through more than 90 minutes of this rubbish so cut out every second scene". the way things happen and are never discussed again drove me mad. ill save this rant for the ep thread but i need to vent ... it's not good bad and its worse than bad bad .. how did this make so much money??? the power of celebrity and a good publicity team?

• Like 1

Is it Nottingham where everyone is 'me duck'?

Certain parts they do.

im pretty sure there is a longer cut of it out there and the studio said "nobody is going to be able to sit through more than 90 minutes of this rubbish so cut out every second scene". the way things happen and are never discussed again drove me mad. ill save this rant for the ep thread but i need to vent ... it's not good bad and its worse than bad bad .. how did this make so much money??? the power of celebrity and a good publicity team?

Best line in the film was "i am merely chewed in self-defense but I never swallowed" I agree it was bad. " In the Name of the King" level of bad.

I remember that line because I had taken notes.

That and Draco, the gentle dragon! he warns you before he burns your crops down.

Reminds me of this from Kids in the hall, Skoora the gentle shark!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMOtMWD63Q4

• Like 2

Check out the USED DVD section of AMAZON for the Boy Next Door, they are real cheap.

• Like 4

Check out the USED DVD section of AMAZON for the Boy Next Door, they are real cheap.

Oh, you...always looking out for us doofuses.

oh_you_zoolander.gif

• Like 3