🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 7-Cabaret!

YES!!! Look at all that shit plastered up there! In two years time nobody wrote over this or put posters over top of it?

You can't plaster over true love.

• Like 6

I cannot adequately express my disappointment enough that you didn't use this:

giphy.gif

Just answer me this

tenor.gif

• Like 4

I cannot adequately express my disappointment enough that you didn't use this:

giphy.gif

I was so close :(. I second guessed myself. I'm dumb.

• Like 4

Just answer me this

tenor.gif

I love Master Blaster and Aunty Entity and Immortan Joe and all the rest, but HOW do we go past

toecutter.jpg

The mighty, mighty Toecutter. Good lord, I love him.

• Like 3

I have so many questions about The Lake House. So I was kinda bummed they're still holding on to it and doing Body Parts this week instead.

• Like 5

I have so many questions about The Lake House. So I was kinda bummed they're still holding on to it and doing Body Parts this week instead.

There is only one question about The Lake House and that is "why?"

• Like 4

THEY WRITE LETTERS LIKE TEXTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like she lives at the Lake House anymore, just can't just get the letters whenever. She has to drive all the way out to get a letter that is just an incomplete sentence just to write back "No, tell me." and then wait another day! All that time and effort wasted!

I have been screaming about this since I saw the movie in theaters with my mom.

Cam Bert I'm so proud to have you on my side rn.

• Like 6

There is only one question about The Lake House and that is "why?"

I think you're right, though: I bet June loved it. I'm with you, Kate - I was bummed about Body Parts too: really hoping for Keanu and Sandy's Excellent Adventure.

• Like 4

tumblr_m3buha7N8r1rnuo7wo1_500.gif

Let us destroy this movie when they post the episode!

• Like 6

roaN32dGaRe7u.gif

• Like 6

roaN32dGaRe7u.gif

But the absolute RAGE that this movie has caused is truly felt within us. We let the hate consume us. We are the Empire set on blowing up planet Lake House with our Death Star.

Are you prepared to join the Dark Side, Baby CakeBug?

• Like 5

But the absolute RAGE that this movie has caused is truly felt within us. We let the hate consume us. We are the Empire set on blowing up planet Lake House with our Death Star.

Are you prepared to join the Dark Side, Baby CakeBug?

large_j4j9bY2zbfhnd2IpL7v90kRRKY.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Okay I have a lot more to say about Brian's sexuality but I do not have to the time to sit and type it all currently so this is me putting a place holder here for later.

source.gif

Is it just me or does Liza have no bones? Her movements are so fluid and her lines are so soft.

Liza's shimmy reminded me of something and it's been driving me mad all day. Finally remembered.

Zoidberg-Jiggle-Dance-Out-Of-His-Shell-On-Futurama-Gif.gif

• Like 7

Liza's shimmy reminded me of something and it's been driving me mad all day. Finally remembered.

Zoidberg-Jiggle-Dance-Out-Of-His-Shell-On-Futurama-Gif.gif

FUCK! I just snorted I laughed so hard oh my god!

This does remind me to finish my thought from earlier. It was extremely common for gay men of that era to go through the motions of being with women because that's what they think they should be doing. However, I feel like Brian truly was attracted to & in love with Sally, making his sexuality not a "one or the other" kind of situation. I felt that the scene where the three of them were dancing and we got SO DAMN CLOSE to a happy threesome we see Brian kind of looking back and forth between the two, what I imagine is a kind of "men or women" war being raged in his brain, but then he gets frustrated and breaks up the menage a trois situation because he genuinely can't decide and the concept of liking both is too much for him to handle.

But he could be gay let's be real it's based in 1931 and this was made in 1972 it's not like the people in those eras could comprehend bisexuality.

• Like 8

Okay, I fiiiiinally, got to watch this, but I haven't gotten to read through the thread yet. Omg 8 pages.

*Edit* I'm only finished reading page 2, but wow, you all have had some good discussions going. I'm not sure I'll have much to add being this late in. I gotta sleep for now, so I'll try to catch up more tomorrow.

Edited by JammerLea
  • Like 8

I love Master Blaster and Aunty Entity and Immortan Joe and all the rest, but HOW do we go past

toecutter.jpg

The mighty, mighty Toecutter. Good lord, I love him.

If you like Toecutter you like Immortan Joe. And vice versa... :-)

• Like 5

Okay, I fiiiiinally, got to watch this, but I haven't gotten to read through the thread yet. Omg 8 pages.

*Edit* I'm only finished reading page 2, but wow, you all have had some good discussions going. I'm not sure I'll have much to add being this late in. I gotta sleep for now, so I'll try to catch up more tomorrow.

Don't worry it soon devolves into hate for The Lake House

• Like 7

Either way, I;m looking forward to hearing what you thought of it!

• Like 5

Either way, I;m looking forward to hearing what you thought of it!

Thanks! I do want to throw in my 2 cents. I finished reading the thread, but I should probably finish at work before I really get into posting ahaha..

• Like 4

If you like Toecutter you like Immortan Joe. And vice versa... :-)

Well, obviously, but the Toecutter is a much more interesting character than Immortan. I love his theatricality (I guess they're both pretty theatrical, but when he reacts to Max's interceptor facing him on a desolate outback road with this:

giphy.gif

I find that way cooler than any silly facemask Immortan can throw at us.

Don't get me wrong, I saw Fury Road four times in the cinema. Bloody love it.

Shut up Cameron

I do really love that George Miller brought Hugh Keays-Byrne back for Fury Road, although it made the timeline problematic if you want to believe that they're the same man (I know that's not suggested)...

No matter how tough he is, I don't know if he could survive this:

Also, in the Mad Max graphic novels, it's made clear who Immortan Joe is, and it's not old Toecutter, sadly.

• Like 3

Guys I really have to step up my C+O game this week if for no other reason but I want to force Scheer to say 'Baby CakeBug'. It'll be my gift to tomspanks.

• Like 6

Guys I really have to step up my C+O game this week if for no other reason but I want to force Scheer to say 'Baby CakeBug'. It'll be my gift to tomspanks.

LOL! I would die.

• Like 4