๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 13 (EternalSammich's Pick)

ย 

Epic pic Sammich! THIS is what MM is all about!

ย 

Agreed! I've never heard of this and I'm looking forward to watching it!

• Like 4

ย 

That article is amazing.....

ย 

giphy.gif

Be sure to click through all four pages - it's pure insanity. The CBC radio interview on the first page is worth a listen too.

• Like 4

When I was thinking of what movie to pick this was one of my ideas as to what to watch. I didn't pick it but watched it anyway. I think we'll have lots to say.

• Like 6

Anyone watch the Tony Awards last night?

No but I heard that the revival of Hello Dolly did very well which made me think of you.

• Like 2

No but I heard that the revival of Hello Dolly did very well which made me think of you.

ย 

It did! Bette Midler won best leading actress in a musical (to no one's surprise) and when the band tried to play her off the stage, she kept on thanking people. I reaaaaaally hope that she performs the day I go to see it.

ย 

Anyway, the show reminded me of hdtgm when a "quintet of this season's Broadway stars" lead by Justin Guarini performed It's So Hard to Say Goodbye" during the in memoriam portion. I had no idea he was starring in a musical - apparently he was in In Transit, a musical about the NYC subway.

• Like 5

Yessssss, this is one of those weird and wonderful cultural phenomenons that could only have come from the 1970s and I love it. Greatly looking forward to chit-chatting about it with you wonderful internet peoples.

• Like 7

Yessssss, this is one of those weird and wonderful cultural phenomenons that could only have come from the 1970s and I love it. Greatly looking forward to chit-chatting about it with you wonderful internet peoples.

I was going to describe it as the love child of Xanadu and Phantom of the Opera but that's not really a fair description.

• Like 6

Anyone watch the Tony Awards last night?

I was too caught up in Orange is the New Black to stop for that long, which makes me disappointed in myself lol. Tell me the highlights though and I'll youtube the shit out of it lol.

• Like 4

And directed by Brian De Palma!

ย 

He is flawless

ย 

ย 

Ditto_likes_to_party.gif

• Like 5

I was too caught up in Orange is the New Black to stop for that long, which makes me disappointed in myself lol. Tell me the highlights though and I'll youtube the shit out of it lol.

ย 

Bette Midler's acceptance speech and then Kevin Spacey's Frank Underwood bit, which was one of the few highlights during Spacey's uneven hosting gig.

Ben Platt being adorable during Spacey's bit as Bill Clinton (there were a lot of bits).

The Oh, Hello guys presenting.

• Like 4

Bette Midler's acceptance speech and then Kevin Spacey's Frank Underwood bit, which was one of the few highlights during Spacey's uneven hosting gig.

Ben Platt being adorable during Spacey's bit as Bill Clinton (there were a lot of bits).

The Oh, Hello guys presenting.

So far I only got the those first two (it was really weird that they actually had Robin and Michael walk on stage with him to do absolutely nothing) but I'm really hoping that a better search when I get off work will get the Oh, Hello presenting cause yes please.

• Like 4

So far I only got the those first two (it was really weird that they actually had Robin and Michael walk on stage with him to do absolutely nothing) but I'm really hoping that a better search when I get off work will get the Oh, Hello presenting cause yes please.

ย 

The Oh Hello special is on Netflix today! I've been really excited for it even though I saw it when it came through Chicago. But they didn't have Steve Martin or Michael J Fox as their guest then - just some guy from the audience they kept calling a jabroni.

• Like 6